Paulinho

God Serena

I've said it hundreds of times by now it seems and I've been dubbed a hater for it but I'll say it again, Paulinho does fuck all on the pitch when he's not taking open shots in the opposing box. He isn't capable of doing anything else, and I mean not a single god damned thing. What a terrible fucking footballer. Should never be anywhere near the starting XI and honestly shouldn't have any extended minutes as a sub, either. Throw him on in the final 10-15 minutes and hope someone finds him when he makes one of his runs.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Looked more constrained in midfield than usual. Bet it was Valverde's instructions as both Iniesta and Coutinho were on.

Messi983

As I've said before he shouldn't be used in Rakitić role but it was clear that Raki needed rest and with Gomes out we didn't have other options. That said, absolutely pointless to criticise anyone performance yesterday. They are footballers not water polo players.

God Serena

Score a couple goals next game and he’s PaulinGod again.

Man I love this forum.

I've literally never said any of this.

Maybe instead of tossing blanket statements around about a large group of people you should probably try and realize that the forum has different individuals on it with different opinions.

After all, you're one of them.

LeeRomeno

Score a couple goals next game and he’s PaulinGod again.

Man I love this forum.

There is a group of players, who can be classified as "haters" on this forum. Pretty much every player (well maybe Iniesta and Messi dont have any) has a hater or more, way more :)andre:) for some. Depending on how well a player does, those haters will either crawl out of their holes or then crawl back into them. You need to recognize them separately for each player. God Serena for example, is a Paulinho hater (and hater of many others as well). As long as we play well, he is more or less silent, has a few posts per week maybe. Once we struggle or especially if one of the players from his hated group play bad, he is having a field day and comes out with bold statements like Ive always told you he sucks. He will not back out of this hatred even if player plays good for a while, he just goes silent on the topic.
If you do not pay attention, you may feel like people go from plus to minus in matter of minutes here, but it is more different people coming with their weird agendas, generating this.
There is also anti-hater group in fanboys. Those are people who for some odd reason are particulary fond of couple of players. Difference is mainly that fanboys almost always defend their favorite players, even if they play bad and double the praise if they play good, while haters just turn silent.
I never understood the concept of being fan or hater of individual player in team-game, but it seems to be quite a common thing.

God Serena

There is a group of players, who can be classified as "haters" on this forum. Pretty much every player (well maybe Iniesta and Messi dont have any) has a hater or more, way more :)andre:) for some. Depending on how well a player does, those haters will either crawl out of their holes or then crawl back into them. You need to recognize them separately for each player. God Serena for example, is a Paulinho hater (and hater of many others as well). As long as we play well, he is more or less silent, has a few posts per week maybe. Once we struggle or especially if one of the players from his hated group play bad, he is having a field day and comes out with bold statements like Ive always told you he sucks. He will not back out of this hatred even if player plays good for a while, he just goes silent on the topic.
If you do not pay attention, you may feel like people go from plus to minus in matter of minutes here, but it is more different people coming with their weird agendas, generating this.
There is also anti-hater group in fanboys. Those are people who for some odd reason are particulary fond of couple of players. Difference is mainly that fanboys almost always defend their favorite players, even if they play bad and double the praise if they play good, while haters just turn silent.
I never understood the concept of being fan or hater of individual player in team-game, but it seems to be quite a common thing.

I post much more often than you and with much more consistency, even when we are playing well. I've admitted numerous times when players I don't like play well, too. I've done it with Gomes and Rakitic, although Gomes quickly went back to normal, so no, I don't just "Go silent", either. In fact, the only thread I've gone noticeably silent in where I used to be the most active is the Ter-Stegen thread, but I was the only one defending him before everyone started to bow down. Seems your assessment is off a bit. But that's to be expected from probably one of the most deluded posters on this site in general.

He can score the wining goals from now till CL final. It will not change the fact that he is garbage on the ball and should never be a Barça player.

Yup, goals or no goals he's not good enough to be a starter here. I don't care if he scores a hat-trick if he can't do his actual job properly.

If he scores a hat trick he most likely is doing a large part of his job.

His job is to be a midfielder, which is the position in which we play him. Valverde usually plays him as a RM of as part of a double pivot in a 4-4-2 with Busquets. His job is to provide control and stability in the midfield, neither of which he is able to execute adequately. The goals are just a bonus, it shouldn't be the basis of his play, nor should they excuse him of doing subpar job in the middle of the park.

He should only ever start as an AM or a secondary striker from time to time when others need rest as he doesn't have the qualities necessary to be a starting midfielder at a club like Barca. He is a great sub though, he can provide us a bit more directness and a threat towards goal coming on when we're chasing the match against tired legs.

The truth is he came here to the displeasure of most on this forum, exceeded expectations greatly, scored a couple goals and proved that he does have a few redeeming qualities. Then what happened is people started overrating him massively, calling him PauGOD, GOAT every time he scored a goal and turned him into a running meme. This may have been due to the fact many saw him as a waste of space and a money laundering project and when he turned out to be better than everyone thought the pendulum swung in the other direction and anyone who dared to criticize him was lambasted.

Now the honeymoon is over, while Paulinho greatly exceeded everyone's expectations including mine and proved he can prove useful to us, he still isn't a good enough player to start here and there's a reason why he flopped at Spurs and went into exile in China.

Bench player, nothing more.

Last edited:

JamDav1982

Not as simple as saying his job is to 'be a midfielder'.

That doesnt describe the job he is being given by Valverde.

Clearly the one person who matters in Valverde belives he is doing the job he asks of him more often than some on here would like to think.

As if folk are serious if ever claim GOAT or PauGod.

Infact see those terms used far more by the 'haters' than anyone else.

Home of Barca Fans