Paulinho

henias

How about this? Hands that saved the ball from going in is still a goal + no card for the players. That way players will stop trying anyway and it won't give the receiving team too much of an advantage. Controversial solution. I know.

Deliberate handball instant red. It has to be harsh to stop players frm doing it. The ball handler wouldnt care if its a goal or not, the whole purpose is to stop it frm going in. Plus if it was a yellow, with 11 players on the field, higher possiblilty of making a comeback as opposed to when having 10 men on the field.

Windhook

It's rare for a player to handball deliberately and not to save his goal. It's the most disgraceful thing an outfield player can do in this sport (except for deliberate injury). What happened at Bernaleo was I think one in a million and the FIFA Rules of the Game has no mention of it, it's up to the referee to decide. My football logic tells me that advantage rule must be applied, it is obviously a goal, the ball ends up behind the goal line and the defender meanwhile has committed a foul worth of straight red card.

JamDav1982

It isn't disgraceful.

Would fully expect any Barca player to do the same if situation arose.

There are far worse things on the field than that.

raskolnikov

Ramos intentionally trying to destroy Messi’s knee was probably the worst thing I have seen.
Other things would include suckerpunching someone, paid off refs, diving, racism or not passing the ball back if a team kicks it out of play for an injury.
What Carvajal did is only logical at a certrain point. Its in the same category as fouling a player heading for an open goal imo. What Suarez did was very smart for example.

Alik

Deliberately hand balling is the most obvious show of cheating that you can possibly do.

We're playing football and you use your hands to stop a goal? That's a disgrace.

JamDav1982

Deliberately hand balling is the most obvious show of cheating that you can possibly do.

We're playing football and you use your hands to stop a goal? That's a disgrace.

Don't agree and would expect any Barca player in situation where needed to do it they would.

Would be more annoyed if they didn't.

te amo barca

Blaugrana al vent

For me, cheating is breaking the rules and getting away with it. You are given a red card - the most extreme punishment - for a handball save, which is just. If a player can block a clear goal with his hands and the situation is extreme (like dying minutes of the game), he should probably do it. Nothing wrong with that.

Alik

For me, cheating is breaking the rules and getting away with it. You are given a red card - the most extreme punishment - for a handball save, which is just. If a player can block a clear goal with his hands and the situation is extreme (like dying minutes of the game), he should probably do it. Nothing wrong with that.

In that case they should change the rules.

Vilarrubi

I get both sides of the argument. At 2-0 down with 11 men Madrid could have still come back. They had a couple of half chances with 10 men. But in that split second you more than likely would handball it.

Lutece FC

Posted in June:

:lol:
I was right since the begining on this topîc and many others. The club has great chance to be champions. For Champions League we will see. But i was right.

Take the time to sanction trolls (the most famous one : Ousmane Dembélé) and not me, because i always have solid arguments.

henias

I was right since the begining on this topîc and many others. The club has great chance to be champions. For Champions League we will see. But i was right.

Take the time to sanction trolls (the most famous one : Ousmane Dembélé) and not me, because i always have solid arguments.

With Messi in this form anyone can win La Liga.

Home of Barca Fans