Paulinho

xXKonan

DJ3JBEcWsAEqtGJ.jpg

Alves was watching.

You are correct on your stance.

Still, paulinho is not a ideal fit for Barça. He'll struggle to find his way because people that said he's not the typical barça midifielder are 100% correct. He's not a finésse player, even tho he contributes a lot offensively. Now, the question was and still is: does barça need a different type of midfielder like him? If yes, will the coach try to make it work? If so, he'll be great for Barça, if not, if they try to just tell him to imitate raktic, then he'll fail.

This is coming from someone that posted praises after this game, but I only was showing that people that said he was trash and only a 'energy guy' are wrong. This game alone added nothing. It only showed people that don't know him some of his strengths. He still had a tough finish to score, so he may not do it everytime, but he'll offer Messi a lane for him to make an aggressive pass everytime its there. And that he'll bring to the table every game. That's what gona help Messi, Iniesta, etc.

I've seem him in Corinthians and in the NT for years, dude is a workhorse but somehow he scores or assists the goals that wins you matches, wins you championships. That's what makes him such an unique box-to-box midfielder.
'
Very interesting. I think his first touch is lacking, but maybe he still needs to adapt. Some people are saying that he reminds them of Keita. Do you agree with that statement?

Truthist

If Lucho was still here, it wouldn't even be surprising if Paulinho was a starter under him over Rakitic.

He literally fits what Lucho wants out of a Midfielder.

Decent height-5 ft 11 1⁄2 in (1.81 m) tall

Energy and Muscle and decent pace.

Seems fearless in his runs into the box and scores.

He exactly fits the profile Lucho wants out of a Midfielder, more so than Gomes and Arda. :lol:

Then why did he burn so much money on the 2 turtles?

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
I am yet to see him past these last 10-15 mins. sub performances when matches are disjointed. How he works in system etc

Barcilliant

I am yet to see him past these last 10-15 mins. sub performances when matches are disjointed. How he works in system etc

I think he will get limited starts. Valverde sees him as someone to bring on when chasing a goal or protecting a lead. He may start in the Copa but I can't see him as a regular.

xXKonan

Imagine going the full season and Valverde only using him in 20-25 min appearances off the bench with his only job being to help protect the lead or to score like he did vs Getafe. His nickname would be the "Closer" a substitute who's only job is to close out games or score off the bench.

BBZ8800

I think he will get limited starts. Valverde sees him as someone to bring on when chasing a goal or protecting a lead. He may start in the Copa but I can't see him as a regular.

Iniesta is already dead tired, after 5-6 matches played and it is a middle of September.
Rakitic will be dead tired by the beginning October.

There will be way more opportunities for guys who can run and have some stamina very soon, imo.

Messi983

Imagine going the full season and Valverde only using him in 20-25 min appearances off the bench with his only job being to help protect the lead or to score like he did vs Getafe. His nickname would be the "Closer" a substitute who's only job is to close out games or score off the bench.

So basically what Xavi was doing in his last season?

I hope and think he'll get chances to start. He's still not fully adapted to the team and Valverde wanted us to have a good start so it's understandable why he didn't rotate much but I think he'll start to do that in coming weeks.

xXKonan

So basically what Xavi was doing in his last season?

I hope and think he'll get chances to start. He's still not fully adapted to the team and Valverde wanted us to have a good start so it's understandable why he didn't rotate much but I think he'll start to do that in coming weeks.
I think like you said he isn't fully adapted to the team and it's not due to match fitness at all.

it likely is due to tactical reasons he's not starting games. right now he's best being used to close out games with already with a lead or being used as a option to try and score a goal when we are down like vs Getafe. when you look at his positioning and passing in those games he played it isn't the greatest and his passing is like what it is in Brazil and in China a lot, it's mostly short passes which works when we already have a lead but off the bat Valverde probably thinks his positioning in the Midfield/passing is not quite up to snuff to what he needs to start yet.

In time he will adapt and his passing and tactical positioning will eventually be good enough for Valverde to start him in games.

Home of Barca Fans