Paulinho

michelco

China matters because players who goes to China has already checked out of the game mentally. Like you say yourself, players age mentally and players going from europe to china is mentally the age of 200 years old. They have no reason to play football anymore, except money. So to summarise: Paulinho went to Tottenham, he was shit there. He retired at the age of 26. And now he's supposed to come out of 3 years retirement and hold a position in midfield in one of the biggest clubs in the world, in the best league in the world? This is like betting on the horse who has 2000 to 1 odds in a horse race. By a miracle he might win, but there sure are reason behind those odds

JamDav1982

China matters because players who goes to China has already checked out of the game mentally. Like you say yourself, players age mentally and players going from europe to china is mentally the age of 200 years old. They have no reason to play football anymore, except money. So to summarise: Paulinho went to Tottenham, he was shit there. He retired at the age of 26. And now he's supposed to come out of 3 years retirement and hold a position in midfield in one of the biggest clubs in the world, in the best league in the world? This is like betting on the horse who has 2000 to 1 odds in a horse race. By a miracle he might win, but there sure are reason behind those odds

A lot of them go there and semi retire.

From what have read about Paulinho that is not the way he approached it.

He never 'retired' at 26.

Barcilliant

Why don't we give Paulinho at least ONE SEASON?

I hate this transfer too but I don't hate the player. I am willing to bet that he will be alot better then Gomes and Turan ( I know that's not saying much).

xXKonan

I remember when he was going to China and the Spurs fans celebrated it.

can't remember any other names that wanted him at that time. maybe the Corinthians? or any other Brazilian teams.

He was probably bought for his performances with the Corinthians and he was around 23/24 when he was signed. The spurs also just sold Bale that same summer as well and they spent a lot of money on several different players as well with some not exactly working out.

Paulinho flopped during his time there and was often criticized for his poor performances and even became a Meme due to that. I remember the Spurs also had a similar player in Sandro who was also Brazilian and he was only a year younger than Paulinho but he was much better for the Spurs than Paulinho ever was.

His time in China probably gained him confidence he had lost during his time in England and it shows for the Brazilian national team. He might make an decent option here but that 40 million though will forever make it hard to justify the transfer.

Devils

He's going to captain the Brazil match against Colombia.

We bought the Brazilian captain for 40m folks. Bargain in today's crazy market. :bartomeu:

He's giving up 7.5m euros in salary in the course of his contract just to play for Barcelona. There goes down the rain your argument. He went to China because after 6 months in Tottenham the coach who wanted him was fired. That team had signed dozen of players after selling Bale. It was a mess, after Villas-Boas left he was dumped to the bench and only started few games. He also went to China because a Brazilian coach wanted him there. He in fact improved his shot and pass there. He showed it in the NT.

He's got 5 goals and 3 assists in 8 games in the WC qualifiers. Neymar got 6 and 6, Messi: 4 and 2. Both played many more games. (Posting this in advance before you come back with another poorly thought argument saying the qualifiers are easy)

It's not like he played his whole career in that dreadful club and sucked there. He was a started for less than one season in Tottenham.

PS. I Haven't said anything about how he may be a great football player in this thread. I just keep posting a different perspective on his career, because I've followed it. How many of you watched more than 10 full games of him playing? I doubt 1% of this board did. So you are no expert on him, you are just parroting your way shamelessness, you don't know him. Just admit it. We live in a world where fools think that Googling and parroting other ones opinions make you an expert on it. It doesn't.

Yeh, he's not a finesse midfielder. Yeh, he's 29yo. Yeh, he cost 40m, all of this is true and I don't dispute that. In fact, I agree you have the right to be outraged about that. Barto may have put some money on his pocket. But shitting on him? That's ignorance. To say the starter of the greatest NT ever is shit without having watch him play in more than a handful games is just pathetic.

Barcilliant

He's giving up 7.5m euros in salary in the course of his contract just to play for Barcelona. There goes down the rain your argument. He went to China because after 6 months in Tottenham the coach who wanted him was fired. That team had signed dozen of players after selling Bale. It was a mess, after Villas-Boas left he was dumped to the bench and only started few games. He also went to China because a Brazilian coach wanted him there. He in fact improved his shot and pass there. He showed it in the NT.

He's got 5 goals and 3 assists in 8 games in the WC qualifiers. Neymar got 6 and 6, Messi: 4 and 2. Both played many more games. (Posting this in advance before you come back with another poorly thought argument saying the qualifiers are easy)

It's not like he played his whole career in that dreadful club and sucked there. He was a started for less than one season in Tottenham.

PS. I Haven't said anything about how he may be a great football player in this thread. I just keep posting a different perspective on his career, because I've followed it. How many of you watched more than 10 full games of him playing? I doubt 1% of this board did. So you are no expert on him, you are just parroting your way shamelessness, you don't know him. Just admit it. We live in a world where fools think that Googling and parroting other ones opinions make you an expert on it. It doesn't.

Yeh, he's not a finesse midfielder. Yeh, he's 29yo. Yeh, he cost 40m, all of this is true and I don't dispute that. In fact, I agree you have the right to be outraged about that. Barto may have put some money on his pocket. But shitting on him? That's ignorance. To say the starter of the greatest NT ever is shit without having watch him play in more than a handful games is just pathetic.

I have to agree with some of the points raised here. Point here is playing well for your national team and a club are two separate things. Also the Chinese league is poor. The fee was excessive and in many he's the antithesis of a Barca player. Brazil's style of play is different than Barca's.

I think he'll do alot better than Turan or Gomes but lest wait and see.

PhilS

If Barca can start both S. Roberto and Paulinho, all of a sudden the team has the physicality that it has not had since, what, forever?

I love seeing the athleticism and physical strength that can be provided by players like Deulo, S. Roberto and Paulinho. The team has been quite deficient in these attributes for a long, long time.

xXKonan

He's Captain ahead of the likes of Alves,T. Silva and Neymar who are also feature in the lineup.

Would probably still be a better Captain than any of them. :lol:

Home of Barca Fans