Paul Scholes

Catalonian Devil

Shukran Pep
So true, players like Scholes and Pirlo should be appreciated, sadly they arent really.

How Scholes has neve won an Individual Honour I will never know. Same with Pirlo, MOTM in the last 4 matches in Italy's world cup win in 06 and they give the award To Cannavarro?!?

Unfortunately players in that position will always be overlooked when it comes to individual honors...

If I recall correctly didn't Pep vote for Scholes as the best player in the 2008-09 UEFA Champions league best player award?
Everyone else voted Messi, excpet Wenger too I think...

silky_soccer

Fireman Sam
Because the football media is populated by morons mostly, think cracking in a 30 yarder is more important an asset than a footballing brain, controlling the tempo and creativity. The latter is something Gerrard and Lampard lack and they were the players whose hype forced Scholes to play on the left wing. It's fantastic that a real genius like Xavi is being appreciated fully, because if Xavi was Messi were the same age now I'd take Xavi any day of the week.

Shouldnt really have affected Scholes ;)

Lint

Shouldnt really have affected Scholes ;)

Aye. I think he just didn't whore himself out to the media, he didn't have any advertising deals from what I can recall...in fact he didn't even have an agent. God I'll miss him, watching Scholes dominate teams was one of the greatest sights I've seen in football.

Unfortunately players in that position will always be overlooked when it comes to individual honors...

If I recall correctly didn't Pep vote for Scholes as the best player in the 2008-09 UEFA Champions league best player award?
Everyone else voted Messi, excpet Wenger too I think...

Pep was a huge admirer he said if Scholes wanted another year Barca would take him, I think it was very much mutual. Scholes said earlier this year that he wanted his testimonial to be against Barcelona because of the beautiful way they play football, but that sadly looks unlikely as the two teams will be playing each other in America.

Last edited:

Lint

Lionel Messi on Paul Scholes "At La Masia (Barcelona’s Academy) his name was mentioned a lot. He’s a teacher.”

Fascinating

fcb1

he was a dirty bastard though. still him an le tiss the only 2 english players i ever liked.

Unbiased United

Fair play to everyone here for the respect being shown. I don't know of any other teams forum where this thread wouldn't have been 'trolled' to death by now. probably even at 'Red Cafe' tbh, even though he's our own player. Its great to see! :)

barcaboy15

Fair play to everyone here for the respect being shown. I don't know of any other teams forum where this thread wouldn't have been 'trolled' to death by now. probably even at 'Red Cafe' tbh, even though he's our own player. Its great to see! :)

Yeah, that's what I like about this forum - there is actually a lot of respect shown to other teams and players and it's not just 'yeah, Barca we're the best, high-five' sort of thing.

Unbiased United

Yeah, that's what I like about this forum - there is actually a lot of respect shown to other teams and players and it's not just 'yeah, Barca we're the best, high-five' sort of thing.

Unless your called 'Messi10' Lol!

But yeah your right, although there are trolls here too, you only have to look around at other forums to see how much better it is here, and how reasonable most people are.

Marc

For me, there is no better example of how footballer should play and live his life. Fuck media shit and everything else, this man just wanted to play football and live his life like every normal persone. More than a legend.

Home of Barca Fans