Paul Pogba

purupuru

damn,we should buy this guy but not rm. imagine rm has isco, pogba, modric, casimiro, kroos and valverde at the same times. what if they really bring mbappe to the bernabeu? Perez can easily make another cr7 and get tons of champions league. we have to sell the old man(and coutinho), buy the true world class players those are truly better than our old man. maybe someone like lautaro, pogba and milan skriniar, i don't know.

Barca have Valverde.

KingLeo10

damn,we should buy this guy but not rm. imagine rm has isco, pogba, modric, casimiro, kroos and valverde at the same times. what if they really bring mbappe to the bernabeu? Perez can easily make another cr7 and get tons of champions league. we have to sell the old man(and coutinho), buy the true world class players those are truly better than our old man. maybe someone like lautaro, pogba and milan skriniar, i don't know.

Mbappe won't even half the career of CR7. Not as talented, not as driven, and nowhere near as ruthless.

Last edited:

KingLeo10

I’d say Mbappe is more naturally talented than Cronaldo ... nobody is as driven or dedicated though

He's not. CR7 has superior physical attributes. Faster (albeit not by much), about par dribbling, way better in the air, about the same scoring instinct. This is at the age of 21.

Prime CR7 destroys Mbappe in all aspects except dribbling because he was never that great at that. Mbappe will grow a little more but I don't see that best in the world level from him.

El Gato

Villarato!
He's not. CR7 has superior physical attributes. Faster (albeit not by much), about par dribbling, way better in the air, about the same scoring instinct. This is at the age of 21.

Don't know about him and Mbappe in a foot race, but certainly what CR almost always had is the amount of sprints into consistently dangerous areas he's capable of doing per match. Mbappe also has distinctly better balance, CR always made it easy to be taken out and cost himself many free kicks and penalties by his habit of going down to try and get a call.
At 21 CR was also 3x as selfish and made lots of bad choices.

KingLeo10

Don't know about him and Mbappe in a foot race, but certainly what CR almost always had is the amount of sprints into consistently dangerous areas he's capable of doing per match. Mbappe also has distinctly better balance, CR always made it easy to be taken out and cost himself many free kicks and penalties by his habit of going down to try and get a call.
At 21 CR was also 3x as selfish and made lots of bad choices.

Yeah, I agree for the most part. CR7 was a show pony in his first 2 seasons. 3rd he took a substantial leap and matured. 4th (age of 21-22), he took off and finished top 3 in Ballon D'Or IIRC (Kaka, Messi, CR7 was the top 3). And then 5th, he won the Ballon. How do you rate Mbappe in terms of future potential?

El Gato

Villarato!
Not sure, I find it difficult to judge his ceiling, because of how poor of a learning environment he's had since moving from Monaco. These are quite character building years and progress is difficult to judge somewhere where you don't have a huge challenge or competition in the side or experienced men to get some lessons from. What can Cavani or Thiago Silva possibly teach him? How to get injured? That said he definitely IS at a level that allows him to be in the conversation for future BDO down the line. I think he has it in him to be a serious scorer, at the level of Ibra at the very least, possibly a Suarez, in any league.
I find it most tricky to assess his potential relationship with Zidane at Real. On one hand, if it happens, Zidane has a spectacular record working with players he personally rates. Not one person really fails him when he backs them - maybe Isco and Benzema who's have been up and down like whore's drawers, but that is also because they're not some outstanding physical specimens. But young guys he actually helps mold that have a fairly natural gift? Varane, Casemiro, now Fede and Mendy.. If Mbappe has that same link and works out how to be useful to a team that almost never gets hectares of space then he will be a force for up to 5 years in a Madrid shirt and for sure could be the best ever French forward. At least statistically, even if it's not in Madrid he ends up in 2 years.
On the other hand, if the team aren't up to it after a cycle of success, I don't think Mbappe is the guy who would break that spiral like GOATs tend to.

Last edited:

Zidane82

Prime CR7 destroys Mbappe in all aspects except dribbling because he was never that great at that. Mbappe will grow a little more but I don't see that best in the world level from him.
I was referring to Cronaldo in the last sentence.

Cronaldo being taller , stronger physically and whatever doesn’t make him more naturally talented than Mbappe !

Co0ter

Not sure, I find it difficult to judge his ceiling, because of how poor of a learning environment he's had since moving from Monaco. These are quite character building years and progress is difficult to judge somewhere where you don't have a huge challenge or competition in the side or experienced men to get some lessons from. What can Cavani or Thiago Silva possibly teach him? How to get injured? That said he definitely IS at a level that allows him to be in the conversation for future BDO down the line. I think he has it in him to be a serious scorer, at the level of Ibra at the very least, possibly a Suarez, in any league.
I find it most tricky to assess his potential relationship with Zidane at Real. On one hand, if it happens, Zidane has a spectacular record working with players he personally rates. Not one person really fails him when he backs them - maybe Isco and Benzema who's have been up and down like whore's drawers, but that is also because they're not some outstanding physical specimens. But young guys he actually helps mold that have a fairly natural gift? Varane, Casemiro, now Fede and Mendy.. If Mbappe has that same link and works out how to be useful to a team that almost never gets hectares of space then he will be a force for up to 5 years in a Madrid shirt and for sure could be the best ever French forward. At least statistically, even if it's not in Madrid he ends up in 2 years.
On the other hand, if the team aren't up to it after a cycle of success, I don't think Mbappe is the guy who would break that spiral like GOATs tend to.

Eden Hazard says hello.

Home of Barca Fans