Paul Pogba

S7_MUFC

I think Pogba is a good player. 110m player? NO FREAKING WAY. Would I want him here? Sure. Am I glad he want to a club that's fairly irrelevant and of no threat to us currently, and not to Madrid? Yes.

Having said all that, are those Pogback ads on the official Manchester United account? If so, that's cringe worthy. Also, it's so hard to not get annoyed by Manchester United; they have such a large fanbase of dimwitted apes in my country. Historically, if you don't watch football but want to partake in football talk anyway, you support "GGMU". It's a default condition here. Such a large cluster of people flooding social media and water cooler chat by this shit.. :lol:.

It's true that from a commercial perspective, it's not a bad deal I suppose. Adidas marketing the fuck out of this; United is still very marketable even today (for whatever reason) and it's impossible they would lose money on a sale if it doesn't work out for him here. You always have scum like Madrid who would be willing to pay obscene amounts, because they can.

Not as cringeworthy as this one though.
[tw]762795295792955396[/tw]

I think these ads are so cringeworthy that they're actually cool now. We're still playing football though, right? :lol:

Devils

Juventus fans have gone into meltdown mode. :lol:

I can't blame them either. They did well to sell Pogba for double what he was worth...but they actually bought fatty Higuain with pretty much the entire amount of that money.

Horrifying stuff from Juventus.

BenRobbins

So it looks like Juve have released the details and Raiolas fee came out of the £89 million that went to them instead of us paying it on top of that. So they only received 73 million euros in the end.

Makes it a little easier to swallow i suppose.

Raiola completely annihilated Juventus they paid him 25M apparently. I’m really interested in the numbers on this deal because Juventus officially announced they only made €72.6M from this deal meaning they lost 30% and paid more for Higuain.

Does Man utd/le harve also get a discount/cut because he trained at the club on top? Lets not forget taxes also...

Maybe Juventus don't care it's serious profit either way.

Martindn

Raiola completely annihilated Juventus they paid him 25M apparently. I’m really interested in the numbers on this deal because Juventus officially announced they only made €72.6M from this deal meaning they lost 30% and paid more for Higuain.

Does Man utd/le harve also get a discount/cut because he trained at the club on top? Lets not forget taxes also...

Yeah thats what the solidarity contribution would be, its a maximum of 5% between his previous clubs.

I also thought the big chunk they lost was like taxes and stuff on capital gains but apparently its the agents fee according to a economist on gazetta. Its probably the reason why we paid such a big transfer, must have negotiated Raiolas cut and the solidarity contribution into it all; it was only last year there was talk of a move to you guys for 70-80m but went no further, would make sense.

Last edited:

opjeoff

Maybe Juventus don't care it's serious profit either way.

Man Utd paid Raiola the agent fee of 25m thats why the transfer fee went down as per Di Marzio.

Martindn

Man Utd paid Raiola the agent fee of 25m thats why the transfer fee went down as per Di Marzio.

You got a link to that? Marco Iaria an Economist for Gazetta said this. Though with how spot on Di marzio has been id more inclined to believe him.

‏@MarcoIaria1
POGBA
105 mln pagati dal ManU
5 costo residuo Pogba
25 commissioni Raiola
2 contr. solidarietà
73 plusvalenza netta Juve
Domani servizio Gds

oggydude

"He said 'your time will come' but it never did. It didn't come. But it does not mean I will speak ill of Manchester United. I love the club. It was a very, very difficult moment for me because I was in love with Manchester and I was a Mancunian."

Pogba interview on January 2015 about United, he seems to really like United and has many friends in Manchester and believes it to be his home, obviously money was a huge motivator to come back but I also think Pogba wants to be remembered at United as more than just the kid who got away unlike Di Maria who was forced by Real to chose us, hopefully Pogba recreates his Juve form in the PL.

Martindn

Pogba interview on January 2015 about United, he seems to really like United and has many friends in Manchester and believes it to be his home, obviously money was a huge motivator to come back but I also think Pogba wants to be remembered at United as more than just the kid who got away unlike Di Maria who was forced by Real to chose us, hopefully Pogba recreates his Juve form in the PL.

Definitely looks like he wanted to be here in that recent interview, those formulative years must have had a big impact never expected him to be so nervous either. Both Sky and Guardian are reporting he had personal offers from Madrid. Guardian especially saying Zidane been trying for months, getting him to follow in his footsteps but they arent as reliable as they used to be. Pressure is going to be ridiculous think he needs a bit of time for sure Mourinho needs to be careful with him.

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11667/10529926/paul-pogba-to-manchester-united-the-inside-story
https://www.theguardian.com/footbal...er-united-paul-pogba-real-madrid-world-record

Home of Barca Fans