Paul Pogba

Hamzah

High Definition Member
I know Pogba is physical and can defend, but these are bonuses. His main skills for me are his dribbling and ability to play the iniesta role of moving the team forward and being a link between the midfield and front three.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Not verratti :D
that kind of dribbling quality never goes away.

He would have been my first choice any day had he not played for PSG. It still annoys me how PSG got him for peanuts while we paid more for Lord. Anyway you never know. Marco could end up having a stinker next season.

Gotta credit Leonardo for that. 12 mil for a division 2 player is actually a lot of money, but verratti impressed from day one.
he was also incremental in bringing zlatan and TS for a total of 70 m I think, a bargain in hindsight [MENTION=15376]DonAK[/MENTION] and yet he won't :p

Last edited:

Hamzah

High Definition Member
if we get Verratti our midfield would be a bit unbalanced. We have rakitic in that role. If we did get him we'd have to tell rakitic to move forward more and give him freedom, because we still need a link player.

I feel the same way about bringing someone like Koke.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Gotta credit Leonardo for that. 12 mil for a division 2 player is actually a lot of money, but verratti impressed from day one.
he was also incremental in bringing zlatan and TS for a total of 70 m I think, a bargain in hindsight @DonAK and yet he won't :p

I remember him and Andrea Poli being touted as the next big thing in Italian Football in the Pirlo mould.

Too bad Leonardo didn't sign Poli instead :lol:

if we get Verratti our midfield would be a bit unbalanced. We have rakitic in that role. If we did get him we'd have to tell rakitic to move forward more and give him freedom, because we still need a link player.

I feel the same way about bringing someone like Koke.

I don't see how that's a bad thing. If anything Iniesta would be empowered. And Raki doesn't have to make space for Marco either, the midfield is big enough for three

Hamzah

High Definition Member
Yeah bringing him and rotating them would be ideal but someone might complain about their minutes.

The good thing is we could play different styles

Iniesta/rakitic - how we play now
Verratti/rakitic - give rakitic more freedom and express his full talents, most defensively solid
Iniesta/Verratti - we could play our old tiki Taka but with Marco as the new xavi. Iniesta would be reborn as its his preferred style and role.

serghei

I think Rakitic's role is spot on right now. We need someone centre-left, maybe slightly more daring in attack than Ivan.

Hamzah

High Definition Member
i just don't want the same mistake as last time like with xavi. that wasn't a smooth transion. iniesta will still be good for some seasons but i want his replacement here ahead of time.

Jair Ventura

If FFP sanctions are rescinded in any significant manner after the 29-30th of June, Pogba will move to Paris. Turan is being pursued as backup plan.

Last edited:

Barcalove

Banned
I have some "issues" with Barcalove user from Ney's topic, where "everything" is the best ever, and that phrase is used too often and too easily lately.

You have to add that context into the account for my reply ;)

So, now we will have 4 out of 5 best players in the world.
I hope that one day (on this forum) we will have 11 out of the best 12 players in the world, according to some users :troll:
I think you dont really know what the word possibilty means, i never said he is the best midfield in the world, but wake up dude, he is the most expensive midfielder reaching almost 100M with every top club killing to grab him, and you dont think he have a potential of being the best midfielder int he world? Do you know more than Barça,Real,Psg and other big clubs?

Oh and werent you against signing Neymar at first and was totally wrong after all?

Home of Barca Fans