Paul Pogba

khaled_a_d

Pogba's stats in Serie A: 8 goals and just 3 frickin assists in 24 games. and this guy is supposed to be an attacking midfielder. Cant believe we're actually going to buy him. Getting sick of these galactico signings.

Iniesta stats in Liga :24 games,0 goals ,1 assist .and the best attacking trio in the history of the club plays in front of him .stats are poor way to judge players in football .one of the worst IMO

I see your reasoning, but I think Iniesta has a couple of years left in him.He's not finished just yet.You could also argue that playing behind Neymar has lessened his impact in games, either way I don't see Pogba as a replacement right now.
Iniesta is declining ,we are fooling ourselves if we think otherwise ,people thought Xavi will be able to keep playing for so long ,but he wasn't good enough to be starter since Tata's season too .when a player decline at such age it is tough to expect him to keep going .He will remain starter next year.and if Pogba signed for 2016 he will gradually lose his place while he is still there until Pogba(or whoever signed) master the position . our game isn't easy to get in 1st year .whoever will sign will need some learning

You'd think he would be a long term 'replacement' for Iniesta after the 2016/17 season, by which time Don will be 32 yo. But then, where does that leave the likes of Rafinha, S. Roberto, Denis, Samper, Halilovic etc?

We don't know how these players will progress next season following Xavi's departure. A lot can change in one season. One of them could end up having a phenomenal campaign, making it impossible for the coach to leave him out and then our midfield situation could look very different.

Where would that leave Pogba then?

That is legit for sure ,although I think you can never have too many gr8 players
I don't think we should sign Pogba this summer tbh ,very few to gain considering his price is already sky rocketed and won't increase much even with gr Euro .he is already reaching the roof of the market .only fear that RM might change mind about him.with the ban it is better to wait until next year
Keep our options open ,see which player can develop 1 more season and no need to hurry .

Butaan4barca

Iniesta stats in Liga :24 games,0 goals ,1 assist .and the best attacking trio in the history of the club plays in front of him .stats are poor way to judge players in football .one of the worst IMO

Iniesta is declining ,we are fooling ourselves if we think otherwise ,people thought Xavi will be able to keep playing for so long ,but he wasn't good enough to be starter since Tata's season too .when a player decline at such age it is tough to expect him to keep going .He will remain starter next year.and if Pogba signed for 2016 he will gradually lose his place while he is still there until Pogba(or whoever signed) master the position . our game isn't easy to get in 1st year .whoever will sign will need some learning

That is legit for sure ,although I think you can never have too many gr8 players
I don't think we should sign Pogba this summer tbh ,very few to gain considering his price is already sky rocketed and won't increase much even with gr Euro .he is already reaching the roof of the market .only fear that RM might change mind about him.with the ban it is better to wait until next year
Keep our options open ,see which player can develop 1 more season and no need to hurry .

Stats are a great way to judge, but just goals and assists stats aren't enough. If you read the link posted yesterday, pogba is statistically a great player. Same goes for iniesta.

i_bleed_blaugrana

Pogba from a sporting perspective isn't here to replace Iniesta. What we will have with Pogba is a MF based on strength and quickly winning the ball high up the pitch to release MSN on the counter. It'll be very different in function from what we've grown accustomed to seeing from our MF in the last few years and if Lucho gets his wish, his reinvention of Barça that was before too reliant on possession will be complete.

I've always seen Pogba much more as half a defending midfielder, the other half a box to boxer much more than an attacking midfield of Iniesta's mold and I felt the same way about Rakitic when he came last season. A MF of Raki-Busi-Pogba is essentially three technically gifted ball winners. It's a distinct difference in comparing the ball winner, distributor, maestro combo that we've used so much.

BBZ8800

Just imagine if we had 4 of the best 5 players in the world (wich is a possibility if Pogba really develops to his hype)

In which universe is Pogba the best midfielder in the world (or even a potentially the best midfielder in the world, lol)?

Except on a youtube and teen-footy-fans-forums?

Stats are a great way to judge, but just goals and assists stats aren't enough. If you read the link posted yesterday, pogba is statistically a great player. Same goes for iniesta.

Cesc is a almost a godlike, according to goals+assists stats.

And yet, he is a joke out of a player in reality, at least for Barca's standards.
And more important, for Barca's SYSTEM.

Last edited:

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
In which universe is Pogba the best midfielder in the world (or even a potentially the best midfielder in the world, lol)?

Except on a youtube and teen-footy-fans-forums?

Not the best midfielder on the world, but he has the potential to reach that level. His ceiling is very high and none of us can see the future unless you have something to tell? :p

BBZ8800

Not the best midfielder on the world, but he has the potential to reach that level. His ceiling is very high and none of us can see the future unless you have something to tell? :p

I have some "issues" with Barcalove user from Ney's topic, where "everything" is the best ever, and that phrase is used too often and too easily lately.

You have to add that context into the account for my reply ;)

So, now we will have 4 out of 5 best players in the world.
I hope that one day (on this forum) we will have 11 out of the best 12 players in the world, according to some users :troll:

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
I have some "issues" with Barcalove user from Ney's topic, where "everything" is the best ever, and that phrase is used too often and too easily lately.

You have to add that context into the account for my reply ;)

So, now we will have 4 out of 5 best players in the world.
I hope that one day on this forum we will have 11 out of the best 12 players in the world, according to some users :troll:

I don't think Pogba will be the 4th best player in the World, but he got the talent to be the best midfielder in the world, especially because he has something his competitors don't have which is his physicality.

Now whether that will happen or not, none of us know.

For all we know there might come someone in two years time who'll overshadow Verratti, Koke, Pogba etc.

Home of Barca Fans