Paco Alcácer

Vilarrubi

Can't believe this guy is getting stick without even playing.

Blame Lucho if you want to see him on the pitch, but I'm 99% certain he would have done nothing because of our midfield which was non existent.

If MSN have barely any chances all game then Paco won't either.

Our midfield is the main problem at the moment.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
He's not getting stick. I mean he has been absolutely worthless for us so far but when we are losing 3-1 I very much damn expect we get a striker in if we already did splash on that.

evilhita666

Barçapocalypse NOW!
I think he should have played just for the sake of it or to rest one of the front three, because there was no way we were coming back...

God Serena

Missed him badly tonight...

He has done absolutely nothing for the team since signing, I'm not sure how we missed him and his 0 goals and 0 assists. If MSN are shut down there's nothing more we can bring to the table offensively without fixing the midfield, which was the real problem.

Jombi

He's not getting stick. I mean he has been absolutely worthless for us so far but when we are losing 3-1 I very much damn expect we get a striker in if we already did splash on that.

Problem is he is mediocre and rusty as all hell. Just like I expected would be the result if we bought him. Can only play one position, will never steal minutes from Suarez when both are available and will get garbage minutes. But he is a "natural" striker, so its all good I guess...

Devils

The issue is he actually has to play to start performing. But he isn't.

Lucho has wanted a back-up striker since Pedro left. In 2014/2015, he had no issues subbing Neymar/Suarez even for the purpose of rest for Pedro and he did it frequently.

Why isn't he doing the same for Paco?

If we are losing 3-1 at the Etihad in a trivial match where Suarez has been poor for the entire time and we have to play away to Sevilla on the weekend, why not sub Paco on for 30-40 minutes?

Last edited:

gasgas

Lucho has wanted a back-up striker since Pedro left. In 2014/2015, he had no issues subbing Neymar/Suarez even for the purpose of rest for Pedro and he did it frequently.

If we are losing 3-1 at the Etihad in a trivial match where Suarez has been poor for the entire and have to play away to Sevilla on the weekend, why not sub Paco on for 30-40 minutes?
Pedro is a million times better than Paco
Subbing Paco for Suarez
Is like subbing Douglas for Alves, no sane coach will do that

snowy

Pedro is a million times better than Paco
Subbing Paco for Suarez
Is like subbing Douglas for Alves, no sane coach will do that

good thing Lucho's been known to go un poco loco every now and then
go go paco loco go go !!! :dance:

God Serena

If we are losing 3-1 at the Etihad in a trivial match where Suarez has been poor for the entire time and we have to play away to Sevilla on the weekend, why not sub Paco on for 30-40 minutes?

He hasn't done anything to earn more minutes in the ones he has gotten. Same case for the numerous La Masia players who have failed here. Giving him 30-40 minutes to most likely not do anything is much more of a risk than letting any one of MSN suck for an entire game because almost our entire gameplan revolves around hoping those three bail us out with individual brilliance, and it only takes a moment for any one of them to do just that.

He doesn't sub Suarez/Neymar for Paco the way he did Pedro because even despite how much stick Pedro got for being under par, he still brought a huge defensive contribution that often even overshadowed our actual defenders. Paco doesn't even try to make it look like he cares if he gets the ball, on the other hand.

Home of Barca Fans