Paco Alcácer

God Serena

I am not trying to imply anything. I am just saying that you can not judge a player after 2 months. And bare in mind he was not with us during preseason.

We're halfway through October, he's had plenty of time with the first team to at least be capable of making 10 touches in 45 minutes.

Regarding Sandro and Munir, they were playing mostly on WINGS! Paco is not a winger he is a pure 9 he can not run back every single time it is not the way no.9 plays. Lucho wanted a true 9 since he has Rafinha, Arda and Denis for wing position.

Both Munir and Sandro are just as much strikers as Paco is. In this particular game he played striker but that's not been very common for him. His last appearance was as a RW, for example, and in the future he'll most likely find himself on the wing just as Munir/Sandro did.

Also bare in mind that Munir and Sandro were here for many years and Munir started to improve just lately.

Munir only started to improve recently but he's also several years younger, was playing for us on a higher level, and already knew the system. As well, his play in every single aspect of the game was better when he was just promoted from Juvenil A. His linkup, positioning, pressing, etc. were all something we haven't seen a hint of from Paco.

Paco is not Suarez but he started playing for spanish national team when he was 21 years old and I suppose Del Bosque knows a thing or two about football don't you agree?

Most of Del Bosque's success as a manager for Spain can be attributed to Pep. It's no coincidence that Spain's dramatic fall from power coincided directly with Pep leaving Barca. It's also worth noting that Del Bosque has called up both Munir and Deulofeu to play for Spain at a younger age, so it's not as if getting a call up from him particularly means something.

Listen, to be honest I was rooting we buy Gameiro since he would have instant impact but i'll try to support Paco at least for some time. If he flops ok but give him a proper chance to prove you right or wrong.

No.

mark1nhu

The header was very good and took an amazing save and the post for him not to score. His finishing with that sitter was poor, and at the last touch he was pressured by the defender, and it's understandable why he was unable to score. Scored once vs Leganes but was slightly offside, hit the post vs Gijon after a superb shot, hit the post today again. So, it's a combination of bad luck, not enough accuracy at times, and not enough understanding of our passing lanes. Once he gets how Messi and Neymar move, he will get in the game more. He's totally fine in terms of quality, and is now adapting. Playing CF at Barcelona is amazingly different from being that at Valencia.

Great post man. I am mobile and unable to "thank you", but here are my words.

; )

mark1nhu

Second miss was entirely on him, but other than that he was unlucky.

Still, his movement clearly improved.

I am sure a lot of people here just watch the ball during matches, not having a clue about how the ball comes to a player and how a player comes to the ball.

Raketa10

We're halfway through October, he's had plenty of time with the first team to at least be capable of making 10 touches in 45 minutes.

Both Munir and Sandro are just as much strikers as Paco is. In this particular game he played striker but that's not been very common for him. His last appearance was as a RW, for example, and in the future he'll most likely find himself on the wing just as Munir/Sandro did.

Munir only started to improve recently but he's also several years younger, was playing for us on a higher level, and already knew the system. As well, his play in every single aspect of the game was better when he was just promoted from Juvenil A. His linkup, positioning, pressing, etc. were all something we haven't seen a hint of from Paco.

Most of Del Bosque's success as a manager for Spain can be attributed to Pep. It's no coincidence that Spain's dramatic fall from power coincided directly with Pep leaving Barca. It's also worth noting that Del Bosque has called up both Munir and Deulofeu to play for Spain at a younger age, so it's not as if getting a call up from him particularly means something.

No.

Paco was actually contributing national team not just filling the squad. If you think that 1,5 months with the team with two international breaks is enough and with cca 200 minutes played than you do not understant a thing or two about football.

Have you maybe read what Arda and Gomes said how hard is to adjust to our system of play or are they also worse than for example Gombau? It seams to me that only important thing for you is that player is from La Masia.

Some people here were also saying that Rakitic is a flop during his first two months here.

Last edited:

wissy

Can somebody post a gif after he missed a sitter from Piques assist. They showed a slow motion of Messi dribling in front of the goal while Paco was sobbing in the background and hugging the post. It was so funny :D

evilhita666

Barçapocalypse NOW!
That was a pretty awful miss, to be honest... The header was a great save by Lux and the one in injury time was bad but not really...

Devils

Can somebody post a gif after he missed a sitter from Piques assist. They showed a slow motion of Messi dribling in front of the goal while Paco was sobbing in the background and hugging the post. It was so funny :D

I laughed hard when i saw the highlights

He went to the goal post and covered his face with his hands and didnt even realize the play was still on.

There was really no need to hammer the shot the way he did. All he had to do was hit it low and place it into the net. It was a pretty bad miss.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
200w.gif

gasgas

:rofl1:

Since he's ours now let's just hope he does well for the sake of our 30 M

I doubt he will but let's hope he does

PhilS

Paco is providing the humor this year. Can he miss his first 100 shots in a row? Is there any shot he can't miss? He deserves a lot of credit for getting so many shots, the frequency is excellent. He can enter games when Barca already has a big lead, then he can miss a few more shots, keep the score from getting ridiculous. He can go off to a new team next year, Barca can get some of that money back.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Lucho on Paco:

“Alcacer? We all know that strikers want to score goals, but it’s true that against Depor he had no luck.

“What reassures me is that in training he scores goals and in games he gets many chances.

“I’m sure he’ll score many goals for Barcelona, but it’s clear that he’s finding it hard at first, as did Luis Suarez. The support from the stands encouraged him at all times.

mark1nhu

Nah, the coach's opinion shouldn't have any value.

Let's give credit to all those fans mocking him right here.

They surely must know better.

Home of Barca Fans