Paco Alcácer

navidjaan

Suarez was equally bad in his first few games. It is too early to judge. Give him time.

At least Suárez was involved properly in the games. He just missed big chances. Paco has only gotten 1 big chance in 4 games. And how many touches in total? 15? That's horrific.

Icarium

Lifestealer
At least Suárez was involved properly in the games. He just missed big chances. Paco has only gotten 1 big chance in 4 games. And how many touches in total? 15? That's horrific.

Not comparing Suarez to Paco. I am comparing their transition. Suarez just came off a record breaking season at Liverpool and started the barca season pretty average. Missed lot of chances. It took some time to get the rythm. It will take more time for Paco because he is inferior to suarez and younger. He might get better or he can still suck. Just saying it is too early to judge. Just look back at arda turan thread. You will understand what i am saying. Even rakitic thread.

Raketa10

I've played football since I was 5 years old but yeah let's try to use the bullshit "You've never played" argument.

He didn't show us anything at Valencia to suggest he'd be a good fit here and now that he's here he's showing he's not a good fit. It's not exactly rocket science.

Can you please explain why you think Munir is so much better fit than Paco and please do not use "he is La Masia prospect" argument.
I am really curious what are those things Munir does so much better than Paco???

I would also like to emphasize that Munir NEVER played a great game for us except this year preseason games and preseason games are nowhere near competitive as official ones! Last year Munir had plenty of chances until December and he almost never delivered!

Entire Munir hype was created after 3 preseason games! The truth is that until that moment nobody actually cared about him. I remember people in this forum arguing that even Sandro is better than Munir and now all of the sudden it's like we swapped Paco for Pele himself!!!

Last edited:

Narto

How many games are Suarez invisible, or plays like crap, the entire time only to score late in the game? As a striker here you don't get the ball often and your chances to score are limited, and Paco is no Suarez and needs time to be able to seize those opportunities and work on his positioning. Arda's positioning last season was also pretty bad, but is much better now. The only concern in my book is if he will get enough playing time, but even then there should be an improvement just by training with the team.

Keki

He needs time give the guy a break , if we don't see any improvement by end of season then we can totally slag him off.

God Serena

Can you please explain why you think Munir is so much better fit than Paco and please do not use "he is La Masia prospect" argument.
I am really curious what are those things Munir does so much better than Paco???

I would also like to emphasize that Munir NEVER played a great game for us except this year preseason games and preseason games are nowhere near competitive as official ones! Last year Munir had plenty of chances until December and he almost never delivered!

Entire Munir hype was created after 3 preseason games! The truth is that until that moment nobody actually cared about him. I remember people in this forum arguing that even Sandro is better than Munir and now all of the sudden it's like we swapped Paco for Pele himself!!!

Well the fact that Munir is from La Masia and has been part of the team for years is a pretty fucking big deal, so it's no wonder you want to dismiss that right from the get-go.

And you must not have been paying attention last season. Munir had been playing well since the turn of the year, and he even scored against Espanyol and Athletic at the New San Mames, which are games we often struggle to score in. Munir last season was actually pretty dominant in the Copa where he got most of his minutes and that form only improved going into preseason.

gasgas

Last season we started trusting Sandro and he failed, Lucho turned to Munir who was a beast in the Copas and continued that into preseason
Get your timeline right. Sandro argument was from the treble season, and last season's preseason

Munir never needed to adapt, he was already here, already knew how the team plays, his role AND never costed 30 M
that makes him a better option for us

Paco at Valencia was not even that better than Munir at Barca
Somebody posted stats here and they were equal

Raketa10

A beast in the copas LOL! He scored 2 goals agains villanovense (sandro scored 3) and 2 against espanyol in the second leg when we were already trough after 4-1 in the first leg! His only important goal in Copa was agains Bilbao! But ok I am officially done with this. The fact is I also think Munir has potential but saying he was a beast is exaggeration.

The thing I am trying to prove is that some people already decided Paco is a fail from the day one. Put that amount of burden on his back he will fail for sure. This is not the way you ecourage and support a young player who is with us for ONLY 4 weeks!

bismp

He has played like 4-5 matches, most of which he was a substitute. Give him a break. Let's wait until January before making any conclusions.

Besides, he was bought as a back-up striker,which in my book equals with 10-15 goals per season. He can definitely do it.

Antimadridista1

I've played football since I was 5 years old but yeah let's try to use the bullshit "You've never played" argument.

He didn't show us anything at Valencia to suggest he'd be a good fit here and now that he's here he's showing he's not a good fit. It's not exactly rocket science.

Your opinion is not rocket science, actually. I don't share your view on the fact that he didn't show anything at Valencia.

I played as a striker when I was young then as a defensive midfielder and all that on a weekly basis ...
I know what is it to be surrounded by eleven players trying to reduce spaces and this is not easy.

Not trying to say that I'm right, but we've seen many players who didn't succeed based on their first games for Barcelona and Luis Suarez was one of them.

I don't understand what is wrong with some fans nowadays... They want everything and right now.
You probably played football since you were 5 but you didn't really support the club before 2006 did you ? Because if it was the case, you'd be glad to have Paco Alcacer as a substitute.

Last edited:

gasgas

A beast in the copas LOL! He scored 2 goals agains villanovense (sandro scored 3) and 2 against espanyol in the second leg when we were already trough after 4-1 in the first leg! His only important goal in Copa was agains Bilbao! But ok I am officially done with this. The fact is I also think Munir has potential but saying he was a beast is exaggeration.

The thing I am trying to prove is that some people already decided Paco is a fail from the day one. Put that amount of burden on his back he will fail for sure. This is not the way you ecourage and support a young player who is with us for ONLY 4 weeks!
He is a fail
Costs 30 M
Only marginally better than Munir
Older than Munir
Comes from a different team, to a new team
Not familiar with the club
Comes from a starter position in Valencia to bench in Barca
His potential isn't even that high compare to someone like Lacazette or Dembele
And to make it even worse, he can't get a touch of the ball to save his life

I will be shocked if he gives more than 7 goals + assists for us the whole season

gasgas

Your opinion is not rocket science, actually. I don't share your view on the fact that he didn't show anything at Valencia.

I played as a striker when I was young then as a defensive midfielder and all that on a weekly basis ...
I know what is it to be surrounded by eleven players trying to reduce spaces and this is not easy.

Not trying to say that I'm right, but we've seen many players who didn't succeed based on their first games for Barcelona and Luis Suarez was one of them.

I don't understand what is wrong with some fans nowadays... They want everything and right now.
You probably played football since you were 5 but you didn't really support the club before 2006 did you ? Because if it was the case, you'd be glad to have Paco Alcacer as a substitute.

Luis wasnt one of them

Why do you even bring him up :facepalm:

In his first few games
-Luis assisted in el classico
-He gave plenty of assists
-He was only missing plenty of chances may be due to rustiness following months of not playing football
but he was doing everything else right

As we speak, Paco has hardly even touched the ball

Antimadridista1

Luis wasnt one of them

Why do you even bring him up :facepalm:

In his first few games
-Luis assisted in el classico
-He gave plenty of assists
-He was only missing plenty of chances may be due to rustiness following months of not playing football
but he was doing everything else right

As we speak, Paco has hardly even touched the ball

I don't care about stats, and what you say is not even true. He didn't give plenty of assists in his first 10 games ( by the way, he was a starter while Paco isn't and didn't play more than 200minutes for the club atm). In terms of goals it also was very bad.

Here, I talk about his contribution in the game. His first touch was absolutely awful and didn't have any clue what to do with the ball in his feet.

Anyway, he succeeded in the end and let's hope that Paco will have the same future instead of criticizing unfairly the latter.

gasgas

I don't care about stats, and what you say is not even true. He didn't give plenty of assists in his first 10 games ( by the way, he was a starter while Paco isn't and didn't play more than 200minutes for the club atm). In terms of goals it also was very bad.

Here, I talk about his contribution in the game. His first touch was absolutely awful and didn't have any clue what to do with the ball in his feet.

Anyway, he succeeded in the end and let's hope that Paco will have the same future instead of criticizing unfairly the latter.

About Suarez and assists
1st game
vs Madrid: 1
vs Celta: 0 (we lost 1-0)
vs ajax: i think he had an assist need to go back
vs almeria: 2 assists for neymar and alba
vs sevilla: 2 assists for messi and rakitic
vs espanyol he assisted messi n had other assists dont remember to who

All these were in november and december

And you mean to tell me Suarez wasnt giving that many assists? :rolleyes:

Home of Barca Fans