Paco Alcácer

khaled_a_d

idk , for a striker who gets a goal every 173 min while surrounded by messi , neymar or suarez sounds like a waste of money to me .

Since 2017 he played 703 minutes and scored 6 goals and made 3 assists,that is goal every 117 minutes and a goal or assist every 78 minutes.

fergus90

I think he'll continue to grow and become a valuable squad member, grown in confidence as time has gone on, as he looked utterly clueless at the beginning. Although it was gonna difficult to be anything different with the minimal minutes he got.

xXKonan

Paco's case is a interesting one to go back on. He struggled when he got the chance during the early part of the season, he looked lost on the field and wasn't nearly mobile enough or in general involved as much as he should be.

He didn't get to play a lot but you can tell he worked his ass off in training to adapt to the way we want our Forwards to play. These day's he's more confident and his finishing has gotten better and overall much more involved.

khaled_a_d

he came from the begining of the season . Why do u put only 2017 ?

With such logic,he is signed for 4 or 5 years,why put only one season to say he is a waste of money?
Paco came with no preseason and from the worst Valencia team in years,we all know it takes time to adapt here. He was utter trash 1st half of the season but by 2nd half he adapted and was gr8. If you look at whole season this is a very skewed stat imo
Since 2017 he has shown a lot of improvements,if he kept that form which isn't far from reality,we are having a guy that contribute to a goal/assist every 78 minutes. That isn't bad for a striker

aaron101

Paco in 2017 is all I could have hoped for in a backup striker.

Still want Munir back though.

He's still 21. I think he needs to stay on loan and get more experience and develop. If Paco fails big time next season and Munir improves, we can just bring back Munir.

Blaugrana Man

Not really sure what the issue with Paco is. He's young with a proven record and improved consistently throughout the year. His price is a sign of the times, and comparable to any back up we might sign.

For a guy his age with his experience and ceiling, you wont find a better player willing to wait in the wings and come off the bench.

I get that its unlikely ge will develop into our first choice #9 but hes an excellent squad player with a great attitude and all the work ethic in the world.

I would be very pleased to keep him.

FinBarcelonafan

Not really sure what the issue with Paco is. He's young with a proven record and improved consistently throughout the year. His price is a sign of the times, and comparable to any back up we might sign.

For a guy his age with his experience and ceiling, you wont find a better player willing to wait in the wings and come off the bench.

I get that its unlikely ge will develop into our first choice #9 but hes an excellent squad player with a great attitude and all the work ethic in the world.

I would be very pleased to keep him.

Very well said! We can be happy with Paco.

Home of Barca Fans