Paco Alcácer

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!
Hope Paco values spending those 20 minutes on pitch in the service of GOAT higher than playing regularly

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
He is useful but will never be a #9 that we need or to offer something new. Would rather we had a player that can play back to the goal and occupy defenders if we can't get a quality player or one with high potential.

Would wager Paulinho making more impact by playing as CF.

God Serena

He is useful but will never be a #9 that we need or to offer something new. Would rather we had a player that can play back to the goal and occupy defenders if we can't get a quality player or one with high potential.

I dunno. Paulinho's only skill as an attacker is that of a poacher. Paco is leagues above him in terms of movement, passing, and dribbling, and I don't even like Paco.

Joan

Paco is good this season. I wanted him gone, to be honest before the season but he's improvred. Started showing linkup game, even created a great chance for Messi(?). Glad to have him as a sub.

aaron101

He's not here to be a starter though. He was brought it to be a back up to Suarez and he's okay with that.

aaron101

Exactly. The perfect man for the job. I don't think you're going to find a much better backup for Suarez in the market.

It's really annoying that people expect him to have a starter quality and every single one of our bench players like Digne and Semedo. I mean duhh that's obviously the reason why they are back up players and are on our bench most of the time.

Joan

It's really annoying that people expect him to have a starter quality and every single one of our bench players like Digne and Semedo. I mean duhh that's obviously the reason why they are back up players and are on our bench most of the time.

Semedo is not supposed to be a backup player.

Problem with Paco is that you don't pay 30m for a player to sit on the bench.

Androutsos

You already have clubs with 40m+ players sitting on the bench on a weekly basis... 30m for a young striker with a lot of valuable La Liga experience willing to come off the bench isn't a bad deal.

aaron101

You mean... you still find 30m expensive for a back up player? Seriously? So basically, you expect Paco to be a starter ahead of Suarez since we paid 30m for him? You lost the plot right there.

God Serena

You mean... you still find 30m expensive for a back up player? Seriously? So basically, you expect Paco to be a starter ahead of Suarez since we paid 30m for him? You lost the plot right there.

What he means is Paco will never be anything but a backup. He wasn't signed based on his potential, he was signed to fill a role any 5-10m signing could fill. By the time Suarez is no longer ready to start we won't be looking to Paco to fill that void, we'll be looking to find a legitimate replacement.

FinBarcelonafan

30 million is backup player these days or older more proven player like Giroud. Pacos price is just fine. He's been quite good this season.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Rakitic adapted to defensive role, Roberto to RB, Busi at double pivot. Digne at cb. Paco is a squad player and needs to adapt. Besides, I saw him in forward areas more than few times.

Home of Barca Fans