Ousmane Dembélé

serghei

🚨[ @tjuanmarti🥇] | Although Bar?a doesn't admit it, but they only want to renew Demb?l? to sell him on. Nobody believes that Xavi wants him as a key player of his project.

Last line is funny

Makes sense, but selling Dembele while not free and getting good money for him is not that easy. I see so many teams rumored to be in for him, yet I seriously doubt he is being considered by likes of Bayern or PSG.

Messi983

What media reports are not mentioning here is that in the end Dembele would still need to agree to be sold regardless of what the club would want to do. His future is in his hands and he knows that.

But Barca has shown much more willingness to commit to him longterm than he has despite Dembele clearly benefiting much more during his time at the club so far.

I think renewing him at this point (even if he'd eventually accept club's conditions) would be a mistake. We're building a new team and need players who will be 100% commited to be at the club because they want to be here not for money or other reasons.

serghei

What media reports are not mentioning here is that in the end Dembele would still need to agree to be sold regardless of what the club would want to do. His future is in his hands and he knows that.

But Barca has shown much more willingness to commit to him longterm than he has despite Dembele clearly benefiting much more during his time at the club so far.

I think renewing him at this point (even if he'd eventually accept club's conditions) would be a mistake. We're building a new team and need players who will be 100% commited to be at the club because they want to be here not for money or other reasons.

I think renewing him would be good if you renew him at a cost that you'd be comfortable to have in your squad, for a bench, rotational player. If you renew him at a const that is banking on him becoming this supposed "future" superstar in a dominating team, you're being played by Dembele and his agent.

JamDav1982

Renewing him is as much about this years accounts than anything.

They can save close to 15-20m odd if he renews and it all feed into more freedom on next seasons LFP.

If it wasnt for that they wouldnt not even be trying to renew him at this point.

feggydinho

yeah right,club just handed extension to pro leecher umtiti,someone really thinks they would extend golden cow dembele just to immediately sell him?

Umtiti extension was in Barca's favor, and that's what they want for Dembele. They basically just spread Umtiti's salary over 4 years, so it's not like they did anyone any favors

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Coman renewed so can cross Bayern off that imaginary list of clubs interested in him. Also reported in France recently that PSG don't want him either.

Home of Barca Fans