Ousmane Dembélé

khaled_a_d

hopefully backfires and we offer him even less if true (although i believe it extremely unlikely he wont get a better deal)

Well, if he gets another major injury, I am 100% he won't get a better deal.
Not that I am hoping he will get injured, but it is a huge risk he is taking.

klc123

I struggle to believe Xavi and Laporta will put him in the stands. There's no way they are that dumb to mess around like that when we have top4 on the line. Even if he doesn't renew we need him on the field, no point of putting him in the stands except to show our non existent authority.

Dembele isn't that good. He's probably going to be injured in a few games anyway.

klc123

Juve sources already denied any deal.
He was offered to big clubs, no one yet has made even a better offer than us.

His agent probably trying to generate rumours. Can't wait for them to realise no one wants a trash player who spends most of his time injured. 18 goals in 4.5 seasons people.

feggydinho

His agent probably trying to generate rumours. Can't wait for them to realise no one wants a trash player who spends most of his time injured. 18 goals in 4.5 seasons people.

You'd be shocked. Dembele would no doubt surely get suitors willing to pay him weekly wages of 250k and above if he manages to stay fit for 3 months plus right now. The ball is clearly in his court, it's partly Barca's fault for letting it get to this position. Don't forget he's now free, so no transfer fee hence lower risk for other clubs given the potential. With the way we do business Barca might even have submitted a bid if a player with his hype was free in another club

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Well, if he gets another major injury, I am 100% he won't get a better deal.
Not that I am hoping he will get injured, but it is a huge risk he is taking.

This is why I said we should keep playing him if we can. No point for us letting him sit on the stands and chill while he waits for his deal with a new club. He's the one betting on himself. If he gets injured again and it affects his negotiations with a new club then too bad for him. Nothing we should be worried about.

delancey

It would be great if no team wants to sign this fraud.

Well run clubs like Man City, Liverpool, and Bayern will stay clear. I would not be surprised if he ends up at one of the following: PSG, Man United, or Newcastle. That his agent is going into the negotiations as confidently as he is tells me that there are enough offers on the table to demand higher wages from Barcelona.

Last edited:

serghei

Would be funny if he plays in Championship next season :lol:. There are defenders there who consider it a great tackle if they hit 80% of your tibia and 20% of the ball.

Andresito

Staff member
He'll have 10s of offers. No risk of him being without a club. His demands are sky high, but I can still see Liverpool, Bayern etc offering him deals on THEIR terms. Not saying he's going to accept that first thing he does, but it serves as a backup if he can't sway the likes of PSG.

feggydinho

If the speculation that we're offering Dembele around 7.75m as a fixed salary to accommodate Ferran Torress is true, then we clearly don't want him which is fine and this would mean that Xavi also knows he's not renewing and is maybe just making responses for the media. Cause it doesn't make sense to tell Dembele that's there's no money while offering him a salary reduction, and then we go on to sign Ferran, while also going in for Morata and currently making noises or preparations to sign Haaland, whose salary would be massive. I mean, for an injury-plagued player like Dembele, it's only normal that he looks out for himself if he can get a better-fixed salary elsewhere but definitely not here, hopefully, he gets an injury-free career henceforth so we can see if he ever reaches those potentials

Porque

If the speculation that we're offering Dembele around 7.75m as a fixed salary to accommodate Ferran Torress is true, then we clearly don't want him which is fine and this would mean that Xavi also knows he's not renewing and is maybe just making responses for the media. Cause it doesn't make sense to tell Dembele that's there's no money while offering him a salary reduction, and then we go on to sign Ferran, while also going in for Morata and currently making noises or preparations to sign Haaland, whose salary would be massive. I mean, for an injury-plagued player like Dembele, it's only normal that he looks out for himself if he can get a better-fixed salary elsewhere but definitely not here, hopefully, he gets an injury-free career henceforth so we can see if he ever reaches those potentials

I'd assume that unless PSG go crazy (coz they are PSG) that Dembele next salary will be lower than his current salary. Just that his agent is fighting tooth and nail to balance this with a big sign on fee.

So a salary reduction offer for us would fit, given his proven injury track record and that the market (and especially our wage cap) has retracted. Bartomeu overpaid Dembele, along with Coutinho, Griezmann, Umtiti, Neto and pretty much anyone he negotiated with over the past 4 years.

And other potential interested big clubs like Chelsea, Arsenal, Liverpool, Bayern, Spurs actually have tighter salary budgets than ours. Juve I didn't include because of the favourable tax rates in Italy, though I don't imagine them offering him a huge salary- just one that takes advantage of their laws.

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans