Ousmane Dembélé

iniestaGOAT

[/B]

I wish that were the case, but the player always wins in these situations. They have all the power. Dembele has shown in the past that he doesn't give a crap what the club will do to him (Dortmund and Barcelona). He can simply wait it out till next season and go on a free to another team. He knows he's still young, and he probably knows he'll get some decent takers. He's still young, and I no doubt that teams will take a gamble on him, especially if he's free.

I think the club would want at least 40m for him, but I don't think we'll get anywhere close to that amount.

Is this a joke post? We won't get 40m for dembele? Club should be looking at 60-80m.

Even liverpool would fork out 40m for dembele.. And thats a broke club

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
COVID market. One year left on his deal. Injury history.

40-50m sounds like the right market price for him.

Rory

If this guy had scored and assisted with similar numbers to Griezmann we?d have won the league. And Griezmanns tally isn?t even that high. Give him away for 30m for all I care

Laplacian

If this guy had scored and assisted with similar numbers to Griezmann we?d have won the league. And Griezmanns tally isn?t even that high. Give him away for 30m for all I care

Technique wise he's horrible (compared to our standards). Can't be used in low blocks like technical wingers, because he's incapable of using the ball in those situations. He's bad at passing and receiving passes, can't pass into space in quick successions so don't expect quick 1-2s and clever plays from him. He's terrible at moving within tight spaces like the wingers you see in Bayern, Man City, United, Chelsea etc because he lacks brains. He can't place in through balls. Can't place in lobbed balls. He can't finish...

Literally his only good traits are being ridiculously quick and crossing the ball. And scoring the occasional banger, ofc.

This isn't even an Arsenal level player. It's legit a Wolves/Newcastle/Levante level of ability. I genuinely don't understand how some could want people like Griezmann, Messi, and Busquets out but are okay with this player. He's genuinely the most awful winger we've had in decades in terms of technique. Christ, even Tello could dribble like a normal winger.

Rory

Technique wise he's horrible (compared to our standards). Can't be used in low blocks like technical wingers, because he's incapable of using the ball in those situations. He's bad at passing and receiving passes, can't pass into space in quick successions so don't expect quick 1-2s and clever plays from him. He's terrible at moving within tight spaces like the wingers you see in Bayern, Man City, United, Chelsea etc because he lacks brains. He can't place in through balls. Can't place in lobbed balls. He can't finish...

Literally his only good traits are being ridiculously quick and crossing the ball. And scoring the occasional banger, ofc.

This isn't even an Arsenal level player. It's legit a Wolves/Newcastle/Levante level of ability. I genuinely don't understand how some could want people like Griezmann, Messi, and Busquets out but are okay with this player. He's genuinely the most awful winger we've had in decades in terms of technique. Christ, even Tello could dribble like a normal winger.

Never seen such amateur technique on a player. Looks like when I used to play with friends who might have been good at other sports but weren't really interested in football. They'd play occasionally and be great at running, maybe smack a 30 yard goal in 1/100 times but couldn't consistently pass 10 yards or control the ball.

mc_lovin

Still think he's kind of decent at RW. Not worldclass or anything, but decent. Every other positon (LW, striker) he's a trainwreck.

Laplacian

Never seen such amateur technique on a player. Looks like when I used to play with friends who might have been good at other sports but weren't really interested in football. They'd play occasionally and be great at running, maybe smack a 30 yard goal in 1/100 times but couldn't consistently pass 10 yards or control the ball.

It genuinely baffles me. I can name tons of hyped flops, but I can't name one single player across the top 5 leagues with technique as amateurish as Dembele's. Sure we have memes like Vinicius Jr being atrocious in the final 3rd, but his dribbling and handling of the ball is gorgeous and truly Brazilian like. Even Adam Traore practically has the ball glued to his feet when dribbles, despite being subpar everywhere else. Dembele just oozes inconsistency in all manners of technique.

I realize it's irrational to hate a player this much, but then whenever I watch Dembele play against some relegation/midtable fodder with a winger showcasing ball handling, technique, and just a general better understanding of play than Dembele I get frustrated all over again. Here we have a guy being 2m year, costed like 10m probably, being a better technician than our 140m winger.

it's fucking mindboggling that he's not only at this club, but that it also costed us 140m to get him here.

Last edited:

Rory

It genuinely baffles me. I can name tons of hyped flops, but I can't name one single player across the top 5 leagues with technique as amateurish as Dembele's. Sure we have memes like Vinicius Jr being atrocious in the final 3rd, but his dribbling and handling of the ball is gorgeous and truly Brazilian like. Even Adam Traore practically has the ball glued to his feet when dribbles, despite being subpar everywhere else. Dembele just oozes inconsistency in all manners of technique.

I realize it's irrational to hate a player this much, but then whenever I watch Dembele play against some relegation/midtable fodder with a winger showcasing ball handling, technique, and just a general better understanding of play than Dembele I get frustrated all over again. Here we have a guy being 2m year, costed like 10m probably, being a better technician than our 140m winger.

it's fucking mindboggling that he's not only at this club, but that it also costed us 140m to get him here.

This is the bit that gets to me. Almost every game I look at the other teams wingers and yes they have less "x factor" (as if that matters) but they can control and pass a ball and consistently provide some danger. Dembele just looks like he doesn't give a fuck. No idea why France are taking him to the Euros.

Arnaez

He has these moments of good control/dribbling, but it's very hit or miss. Learned from the Raheem Sterling school of ball control maybe.

Last edited:

fergus90

What annoys me is that he gets himself in good positions and then 90% of the time takes an unnecessary touch and fumbles the play.

Forrest Gump IQ.

khaled_a_d

What annoys me is that he gets himself in good positions and then 90% of the time takes an unnecessary touch and fumbles the play.

Forrest Gump IQ.

tbf, this was a huge improvement from him.
Up until 2019 he really had no positional awareness. He improved that aspect watching games from the stands as it seems :lol:

Home of Barca Fans