Ousmane Dembélé

Donatello

????? Why can’t he do that here? What the fuck??

1. Hes isn't trusted as much he was trusted in Dortmund. I can understand that, Messi is the safe bet. So, most attacks go through him, even if it could have gone to Dembele.

2. He isn't allowed to take risks, which he could've taken at Dortmund. Notice the stare whenever you ruin a play. Same reason Semedo holds back.

3. While at Dortmund, he was the fulcrum of attack but here, Messi is the one who is the main man.

4. He is best utilized in a fast moving team, while our transition is at turtle speed. He is made for counterattack, but we take too much time in build up.

5. He had a brilliant poacher in Auba, who could keep up with his pace, as well as could utilize those crosses.

6. He is definitely not the same mentally as he was in Dortmund. Much more pressure coz you're playing for Barca and that huge transfer money & recent injuries added salt to the wounds.

7. On top of all that, he has to fight for his position, one bad foot and it can backfire. So he tries to play it safe. He doesn't have all the freedom that he had at Dortmund, which allowed him to gamble on 50-50 situations.

8. La liga has higher level than Bundesliga, so it definitely causes some drop in the things you can do.

9. His constant change in position in the lineup, and lack of a fixed role also hampers his abilities.

Last edited:

FinBarcelonafan

Our offense is loaded with talent. Suarez, Messi, Griezmann and Coutinho. Where does that leave Dembele? Of course he is the only proper winger so that should help him. Personally I think Suarez should be super sub this season and then sold after next season. Time to move on.

abbbs97

Coutinho is done in here. He'll be gone. Suarez should be benched asap. I cant stand seeing him start anymore.
Ideally, it'll be a Messi, Griezmann and Dembele attack.

Afromaticz

what lineup? messi playing centrally?

suarez would get chopped with the quickness if it was up 2 me. Ill just go with Dembouz on the right Griez on the left and play Messi as a false 9.

But we all know that dropping Suarez is somethin that will never happen so why not go with a 4-2-3-1

Arthur De jong

Dembele Messi Griezmann

Gordo

Tekkers

suarez would get chopped with the quickness if it was up 2 me. Ill just go with Dembouz on the right Griez on the left and play Messi as a false 9.

But we all know that dropping Suarez is somethin that will never happen so why not go with a 4-2-3-1

Arthur De jong

Dembele Messi Griezmann

Gordo

that 4-2-3-1 would be the incredible, but it'd unfortunately take a courageous to go with that, which this manager has proven to be the complete opposite of.

mc_lovin

Thats just a 4-4-2 with Messi. With Dembele and Griezmann far too deep.

Edit: I just want 2 CMs, 1DM and 3 real forwards (aka not Coutinho). Dont try to make every attacker happy. Wont work.

Last edited:

Afromaticz

that 4-2-3-1 would be the incredible, but it'd unfortunately take a courageous to go with that, which this manager has proven to be the complete opposite of.

I agree that would be one hell of hell of a lineup!
Arthur and De Jong would have to work incredibly hard to make sure that we don't get overrun but im sure it could work.

Now imagine the same lineup with a more mobile center forward? Unbelievable!
We need to invest that money that we supposedly want to blow on Ney in a cf. Sell Cou, Rakitic, Malcom and buy a cm and a left back and we set.

Home of Barca Fans