Ousmane Dembélé

Riordon

A lot of us including me praised these signings but I’m not afraid to be the first one to say I was wrong. It’s easy to criticize the board in hindsight if you thought it was a good signing back then.

Semedo, Dembele and Coutinho cases have taught me a lot about which players fits this club. And hopefully the board.

Raketa10

As far as I understood his problem comes mainly from the lack of rest. Some members clearly don't understand how important that is so I highly encourage you to watch this video.

Why Roger Federer Sleeps Twelve Hours a Day | With Neuroscientist Matthew Walker

https://youtu.be/JW_F8HyGS68

Last edited:

EdmondDantes

Now L'Equipe have come out with an article interviewing Ousmane's ex chef bashing him, which both Marca and MD have promptly parroted of course.

Laplacian

His ex chef gives an interesting perspective on Ousmane Dembele's lifestyle.

"Immature", "unconscious kid", "permanent Vaudeville"... Since Barcelona FC revealed Ousmane Dembélé's new muscle injury, his sixth in two seasons, the Spanish press has not let go of the whimsical 22-year-old Frenchman.

As in the field, the former Rennes native's personal trajectory did not lift his head. Tired of waiting for a talent bought for 105 million euros (plus 40 bonus), the cloakroom has already publicly criticized his professionalism, like Gerard Piqué or Luis Suarez last year. It must be said that between delays in training (or in matches) and sports performances in freefall, the list of grievances is long. He doesn't go to the meeting of the club's doctors

"Ousmane and his family think that, in any case, they will be criticized no matter what." notes Mickael Naya, the cook Dembélé hired for his personal meals last year before firing him... like three other chefs before him. "So they don't really care. They are rich."

But this time, it was a real professional misconduct by Dembélé. According to the Spanish press, unanimous on this issue, the Blue striker felt embarrassed in the first game of the season last Friday in Bilbao (0-1).

Alerted, the club's doctors then called him in for an ultrasound the next day, which Dembélé refused to do, preferring to fly to Rennes, "to see his mother", according to his agent. On Monday, when training resumed, the Frenchman had a deep injury to his femoral biceps... resulting in a new unavailability of five weeks. "He's under the influence"

"Ousmane is a good boy, but he doesn't have his life in his hands," continues the cook. He lives constantly with his uncle and his best friend, who dare not tell him anything. It's a jolting life. I've never seen alcohol, but he doesn't respect his resting time at all, there's no high-level structure around him... I tried to organize the meals according to the upcoming games, the recovery moments and it was going well! Moreover, when he is without his friends, Ousmane is completely different. He is curious, open and educated. »

With his personal chef, Dembélé had the best moments of his Barcelona career. In six months, from August to December 2018, he scored seven times in the Liga and twice in the Champions League. And then, a problem with the agent broke the relationship. Since then, the world champion has been suffering from a series of injuries.

In Barça, the leaders were informed of the situation. "I tried to reach out to him, but he is under the influence," concludes Naya. If he doesn't react, he'll alienate everyone in Barcelona. "It's already a little bit like that.

So the club did ask him for check ups, but he decided to ignore them. Guess that's Valverde's fault too. :lol:

Messigician

I'm starting to think Dembele has the IQ of paper mache.

300m for Coutinho and Dembele down the drain. What's worse is this best needs a rub of games to regain form just when you think he'll make it here, he's injured again.

Dinho10

This guy who's been injured most of the time think he is hot stuff. If Pep or Lucito was still coaching Boozeman would have his ass dropped. As long as Fraudvelde is here he can get away with anything

Vilarrubi

Because he's won a World Cup and signed for Barca his attitude seems like he's already accomplished everything and doesn't have to put 100% effort in. That's not how it works anorexic Lukaku.

BBZ8800

In the past, people wondered why Suarez is yelling at him and why Pique, Alena and iirc Raki has criticized him in interviews.

Well, they were seeing Dembele's behavior, poor professionalism, horrible on field decisions on training ground matches all the time.
Not that they are saints or perfect, but Dembele is on a different level of weird.

Our fans are now pissed at him once when they have figured him out.
Well, teammates have probably figured him out after a few Months on training grounds.
Imagine seeing his decisions and mistakes 24/7 for 2 years and NOT yell at him when he does that on matches.

Ritchie

I'm starting to think Dembele has the IQ of paper mache.

300m for Coutinho and Dembele down the drain. What's worse is this best needs a rub of games to regain form just when you think he'll make it here, he's injured again.

Money we got for Neymar down the drain and now we're trying to sign him again but with the money we got gone with nothing to show for it.

Bearing in mind how much he cost orginally as well in 2013 market terms (with all the fees added in).

Home of Barca Fans