Ousmane Dembélé

Judoman

How many players Valverde developed during his time with Barca? I think it's a fair question. He can't develop anything.

We mostly see good players regress under his coaching.

I don t think that Valverde can t develop young players.
The issue is his lack of adaptability, which is necessary if you want to set up this Barca to play modern, aggressive game. Lack of speed and movement from individual players+ Valverde s lack of imagination and courage = predictability and boredom

Andresito

Staff member
Who was better, neymar or dembele?

Neymar easily. How he adapted during the 14/15 season to complete Suárez and Messi was incredible. He helped in defence, made runs and actually finished off his chances. Then later he became more of a ball to feet player like Dembélé is today.

Gaudi

He has certain flaws that could prevent him for ever achieving something great but saying: ok, EV is bad but...no, there is no but, that's first and elementar thing.

I don't know how he would look in L'pool, United, PSG, Juve...whatever, but I do know noone can look god in slow static football without any tempo, movement, vertical penetration...NOONE!
Same fate awaits Griez and De jong.

Sorry, but that type of coaching we can find for a house rent in Barcelona and a free meal. Put 11 on the field and tell them to try do something or pass it to Messi.

Last edited:

Laplacian

Neymar easily. How he adapted during the 14/15 season to complete Suárez and Messi was incredible. He helped in defence, made runs and actually finished off his chances. Then later he became more of a ball to feet player like Dembélé is today.

That was more of a consequence of our deteriorating midfield, he had to pick up the slack and became responsible for our ball progression and chance creation. Even though he was shittier at finishing in 16/17, imo he was a force of nature. Completely dominated out left flank.

Maxim4

The grateful message of Dembélé in Catalan
The French striker thanked the fans for their support after playing Gamper.
Ousmane Dembélé seems particularly motivated to start this new season. The young striker thanked the fans for their role after Barca's victory over Joan Gamper Trofeu. The Frenchman was also surprised by a message in Catalan, showing that he is more and more adapted to the Barca club.

"Gràcies Camp Nou! It will surely be a good season! Tots junts always! Força Barça!", Writes to Ousmane with a picture of the presentation before the game.
The message of Dembélé in Catalan was not slow to receive answers from his colleagues. Aleñá congratulated him - "Good Ous Catalan!" - Sergi Roberto commented Molt be aquest català.
Griezmann, for his part, did not hesitate to joke with his friend via social networks.

Respekt_III

Anti-everything
Just watched his individual highlights, played OK. From what I was reading thought he had an absolute mare...

Needs some better coaching if we expect him to go up a gear or two though.

Last edited:

Neeraj

Dembouz is an intellectual, he speaks Catalan already at 80%.

Haha I can sort of understand though - I can speak basic Spanish but I understand absolutely nothing when people throw Catalan at me - while it is heavily influenced by French, it feels like it has more in common with French than it does with Spanish!

Jadentheman

[tw]1158162510845026305[/tw]

Dembouz learned Catalan!

Unbelievable linguistic skills.

He can hire the best language teachers, he lives in the country, it’s been two years, and already had French as a base. I’d be more impressed if it was someone who didn’t grow up with Romance languages.

If anything it makes Messi look bad

Donatello

Just watched his individual highlights, played OK. From what I was reading thought he had an absolute mare...

Needs some better coaching if we expect him to go up a gear or two though.

IDK what makes him not play as good as Mbappe. Dembele has all those qualities apart from finishing.

Mbappe shines because he plays in team which has lightning fast transition and they counter attack a lot. Thus giving him a lot of space. While Dembele rarely gets so.

Plus he plays in a more central role, so he receives a lot of piercing through balls / final balls, which he ends up scoring because of his pace and excellent finishing.

While at Barca, we keep passing sideways even in the final third. Wait so long that nearly every attacker is marked by 1-2 defenders, or they have reorganized themselves defensively.

I see in lot of games that, Dembele is free with lots of space but they waste time passing sideways, while in meantime defenders catch up to him and he ends up passing sideways when he actually gets the ball.

I too want to see him under a different coach who suits his style. I think his potential is locked under Valverde.

Respekt_III

Anti-everything
IDK what makes him not play as good as Mbappe. Dembele has all those qualities apart from finishing.

Mbappe shines because he plays in team which has lightning fast transition and they counter attack a lot. Thus giving him a lot of space. While Dembele rarely gets so.

Plus he plays in a more central role, so he receives a lot of piercing through balls / final balls, which he ends up scoring because of his pace and excellent finishing.

While at Barca, we keep passing sideways even in the final third. Wait so long that nearly every attacker is marked by 1-2 defenders, or they have reorganized themselves defensively.

I see in lot of games that, Dembele is free with lots of space but they waste time passing sideways, while in meantime defenders catch up to him and he ends up passing sideways when he actually gets the ball.

I too want to see him under a different coach who suits his style. I think his potential is locked under Valverde.

I think that mbappe has a better read of the game and has better off the ball runs but is less technically gifted, He seems to struggle against compact defences and would also find it difficult in the current barca system.
He would most definitely be better under a more structured and fast paced team and its just a shame that he hasn't been able to develop how we've wanted him to develop. This is why i don't approve of paying extremely large fees for players with obvious potential (eg Dembele/Felix) because they may never fullfill their potential because of a numerous internal and external factors.

having said that i don't approve of paying extremely large fees for players in general (unless they're clearly a level above) as a mistake is much harder to rectify with large investments eg Coutinho.

Andresito

Staff member

Mbappé is a more mature player. Another factor is how the team is built. Idk how to phrase it but Mbappé has a bigger role which allows him to flourish more.

Curiously Dembélé has played 165 senior games in his career, with Mbappé on 180.

FinBarcelonafan

Mbappé is a more mature player. Another factor is how the team is built. Idk how to phrase it but Mbappé has a bigger role which allows him to flourish more.

Curiously Dembélé has played 165 senior games in his career, with Mbappé on 180.

Dembeles development has slowed down because the few serious injuries he had.

Home of Barca Fans