Ousmane Dembélé

Raketa10

Either sell or keep him but FFS don't loan him as he will probably come back next year in even worse condition. If we want to sell him in order to bring Depay that PLEASE don't do that!

Messi983

Why would you not loan him?

We get rid of his wages and can bring a player who can actually help us instead of being injured for 80% of the season.

mc_lovin

Loaning him is a lose-lose scenario:
a) he stays fit, performs and we are in a pretty shit negotiation position next year
b) he gets injured and we are stuck with a crock

JamDav1982

Loaning him is a lose-lose scenario:
a) he stays fit, performs and we are in a pretty shit negotiation position next year
b) he gets injured and we are stuck with a crock

Could just as easily be seen as win/win.

a) Get a fee for him next summer when amortised costs are a lot lower.
b) Could be injured at Barca but if away his wages and possibly fee help cover it while Barca dont get hit by injury as squad not built with him in mind.

Loaning him is not a bad idea and if does well he seems hell bent on staying at Barca anyway so may not be an issue. Doubt it will happen though.

Raketa10

Why would you not loan him?

We get rid of his wages and can bring a player who can actually help us instead of being injured for 80% of the season.

I sincerely doubt that Solskyaer can handle him. I am afraid that he will return in even worse shape and than we won't be able to get anything for him. IMHO he should either sell or he should stay for another year. If Koeman can't handle him no one can. I would loan him only with an obligation to buy next summer. Moreover, I am not sure what would Depay bring to us? He is not a CF and we have to many wingers already. So if we are loaning out Demblele only to get another winger in Depay than I don't know how to feel about that.

In the end Koeman is the one who follows him in every training session and maybe he just gave up on him. If that is the case than why the hell didn't we loan him to Lpool? Klopp would be a much better solution for him than Solskyaer.

Last edited:

Mistyoptic

Does he really have a bad attitude or is he just immature?

Imo it's the latter. I don't think he's a bad kid, but he joined a team that had 3 or 4 days off a week and numerous holidays, which only exasperated his bad habits. Young players need guidance, and he got none of that from Ernie, and none of that from our unprofessional, lazy, seniors. Of course, Dembele has to take responsibility for his own actions (staying up till 4 in the morning with Fanta and Playstation is his own fault), but our squad environment over the past 3 years certainly hasn't done him any favours.

I hope he stays. He needs a clip round the ear and some discipline, Koeman's the right guy for that.

Givenchy

Does he really have a bad attitude or is he just immature?

I wouldn't say he has a bad attitude but hes very immature both on and off the field.

Hes the type of player who will dribble 3 players and leave everyone in amazement and then seconds later brainlessly cross the ball into an empty box. his feet are too fast for his brain it seems

Raketa10

Imo it's the latter. I don't think he's a bad kid, but he joined a team that had 3 or 4 days off a week and numerous holidays, which only exasperated his bad habits. Young players need guidance, and he got none of that from Ernie, and none of that from our unprofessional, lazy, seniors. Of course, Dembele has to take responsibility for his own actions (staying up till 4 in the morning with Fanta and Playstation is his own fault), but our squad environment over the past 3 years certainly hasn't done him any favours.

I hope he stays. He needs a clip round the ear and some discipline, Koeman's the right guy for that.

He again turned up late for training few days ago so I don't know what to think anymore. Anyone can be late but this kid is doing that every now and than. The more I look at him the more I see Balotelli.

Andresito

Staff member
Koeman: "Dembele situation? I'm counting on him. He was very good the first weeks but he had a downturn last week. He trained well today and I'm counting on him. But these are decisions for the club and the player."

So Dembele, as soon as he realized he wont be a starter at the moment, started to act like a teenager and stopped trying again.

Home of Barca Fans