Oscar dos Santos Emboaba Júnior

antonnn

Blue Blooded Aussie
Can't really argue with Mourinho's choice to play him regularly. 10 appearances for Chelsea with 4 goals, though only 1 assist. Works hard off the ball and has top movement, but the only problem is his consistency over the course of a game, fades in and out too much, but at least he's generally doing well overall. Plus with Brazil he has 4 in 9 I believe, though a lot of those games are against lame sides and are friendlies. One thing is they are a lot better when he does play though.

S7_MUFC

Can he play as deep lying midfielder in 4-2-3-1 formation..It could be the most effective way to play him and Mata in the same team.....He played as central midfielder during the Olympics.......

antonnn

Blue Blooded Aussie
He can play deeper but that leaves central midfield a bit light, since Ramires is usually partnered up with another bigger guy like Mikel.

K

kingleo

All you can do is laugh at all the people who have ever said that Coutinho is better than Oscar or Coutinho should start for Brazil instead of Oscar!

Oscar is on another planet to Coutinho

Gohan

Super Saiyan
All you can do is laugh at all the people who have ever said that Coutinho is better than Oscar or Coutinho should start for Brazil instead of Oscar!

Hard to say, but for me Coutinho > Oscar

K

kingleo

Hard to say, but for me Coutinho > Oscar

LOL! Its not even close between them! there is a reason why Coutinho doesnt get into the Brazil squad and there is a reason why Coutinho has never played well against a top team!

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Even Costa doesn't get into the Brazil team despite of his awesome performances for a while now. Its more about Scolari and his favourites rather than deserving players on merit to be honest.

K

kingleo

Even Costa doesn't get into the Brazil team despite of his awesome performances for a while now. Its more about Scolari and his favourites rather than deserving players on merit to be honest.

Scolari wants Diego Costa to play for Brazil he has already said Costa is on his list of players he wants but Spain are also trying to get Costa, so once that is resolved then Costa will be playing for Brazil if he chooses them over Spain!

So i dont know why you think Scolari doesnt pick players on merit because he clearly does! Coutinho just isnt good enough. Simple.

pEllee

Not really. Coutinho is a superior creator. Oscar is more complete though. And he, unlike Coutinho can handle the top teams.
But as a creator, Coutinho is better. That's one thing you can't deny.

K

kingleo

What a player! He has been excellent all season! he has so much potential and is developing into a truly exceptional player!

Semi-Neutral

Sir Alupp Heynrguson
Ramsey and Aguero have both been easily better than him, Toure, Sturridge, Suarez, even Negredo and Giroud have all been better as well.

He's still a great player, don't get me wrong, one of the few good actually CMs out there, most seem to be either CAMs or box-to-box midfielders these days.

K

kingleo

Ramsey and Aguero have both been easily better than him, Toure, Sturridge, Suarez, even Negredo and Giroud have all been better as well.

He's still a great player, don't get me wrong, one of the few good actually CMs out there, most seem to be either CAMs or box-to-box midfielders these days.

no way has anyone been easily better than Oscar this season! almost all of the players you mentioned though have easily been hyped up more than Oscar this season!

antonnn

Blue Blooded Aussie
Nah Oscar has had some not so great games this season. His movement is always good but there have been quite a few games where his passing has let him down, but he's not really played badly yet. The good thing is he's been scoring a lot more than last season so that makes up for the odd games where his passing has let him down. Overall he's generally been quite good though, but I agree with Semi, there have a bunch of player who have been more consistent but Oscar has been one of the better guys this season.

Home of Barca Fans