Nou Camp projects: Foster vs Vidal

Which project do you think is better

• Total voters

Aasim

Bumbleman
I would never want to leave the Camp Nou. What would we name the new one? "Camp Floating Nou"

A roof on the Foster idea won't be bad. Imagine the atmosphere in a Clasico..

S

Snyde

The roof is the main reason we're rebuilding. So obviously it has to be part of the Foster project.

Though it would've been a nice touch if the main design was done by a catalan.

NebbyCulé

On an island in the sea, it is intended that the giant stadium should be located, 150 000 spectators to see when Zlatan and the other in Barcelona play.
its swedish

Guardian

Foster's project is pragmatic and the obvious choice of Barca board, but it wouldn't be unique, actually it copies Allianz arena technology, only the panel size and colours differs from it. Foster is a legend among the architects, but his project is 1:1 to the stadium in Munich (especially the roof design).

I know that Vidal's projects looks to unreliable and phantasmagoria, but actually the technology of man made island is tested (Dubai palm islands) and the view inside the stadium for all spectators will be unforgettable. This project could make Barca stadium the most impressive stadium in the world and the experience of visiting it would be priceless.

The parking places are on the coast, and I think that safe security wouldn't be a problem. The football museum and restaurants could be set bellow the sea level, they could be transparent so that you could see the fishworld around.

I know that the board will choose Foster's plans, because it will be less expensive and easier to execute, but we still can dream for the island stadium :)

Cule Angles

Visca el filòsof!
I was under the impression that it wasn't the same as the Munich design, the Camp Nou would use some form of tiling rather than the aluminium sheeting that covers the Allianz Arena.

I know that Vidal's projects looks to unreliable and phantasmagoria, but actually the technology of man made island is tested (Dubai palm islands) and the view inside the stadium for all spectators will be unforgettable. This project could make Barca stadium the most impressive stadium in the world and the experience of visiting it would be priceless.

Actually there's already a shopping centre on a pontoon in the Old Port in Barcelona so the concept isn't new to the Catalan capital.

Guardian

I was under the impression that it wasn't the same as the Munich design, the Camp Nou would use some form of tiling rather than the aluminium sheeting that covers the Allianz Arena.

Actually there's already a shopping centre on a pontoon in the Old Port in Barcelona so the concept isn't new to the Catalan capital.

It's not aluminium, it's fluoropolymer (ETFE). Most new stadium roofs are made of either ETFE or PTFE. So it copies Allianz arena, the sheets are smaller and the colours are different.

Pontoon is one thing, and an island stadium is completely different.

VivaBarca

If Carlsberg did forum members
Foster for two reasons. First being, the Camp Nou has so much history, it would be sad leaving it, plus the reconstruction looks good. Secondly, as much as Vidal's project is amazing, it would cost us a fortune.
+1.

S

Snyde

Do we really want to be under massive debt and unable to buy players after finally having some stability?

Warik

How the hell do they plan on getting 100k people into that seaside stadium along one access road? No way is that viable.

Was going to say the same thing. Especially because the designer says access to the Camp Nou is hard enough, at least the 70-90k people who go to the Camp Nou now can disperse in different directions...

sammy

Liberte, Egalite, Fraternite
Vidal project is amazing, if we could finance it, why not? Camp Nou is historical, i agree. But if we could calculate how we gonna get the money to build island stadium, then we on the verge to set another history.

And I also will against vidal's project or even foster's project if we have to suffer like arsenal in order to build another stadium or to renovate camp nou. As long we dont have to borrow and paying excessive interest every year, it's okay.

Guardian

In financial terms Foster's project is better. But as I said Vidal's fantasy is for dreamers and I'm a one.:D

R

rescofet

Vidal's project better

The current Camp Nou is old, and not suited to the current needs of a top level professional club. It does not resolve the parking and access to the stadium, and do not provide for areas that can be used by club to get extra cash (i.e.: shopping malls, restaurants, etc.). Vidal's project, with the rezoning of the current land on which the Camp Nou is built, will be as financially viable as the Foster project, but this project would represent an amazing stepping stone for Barça. There is no way Madrid can match a stadium by the Mediterranean sea than can be accessed by air, land and sea, can you imagine the touristic boost for the city of Barcelona that this would represent, and for Barça this would allow to maximize its financial use of the stadium, with parking, good access, and zones to be leased out for profit.
I thank Mr. Vidal for reminding us all, that Barcelona is the land of visionary architects such as Gaudi who one day were also considered just dreamers...

Home of Barca Fans