Nicolas Tagliafico

Andresito

Staff member
What would Tagliafico mean for us? Is he seen as a backup since Balde is not trusted? I would not mind him on loan as we severely lack options but don?t see him bringing much.

He's meh at best. Don't think he'd offer much more than Alba.

El Gato

Villarato!
Haven't seen enough of Argentina let alone Ajax to make claims, but he's been out of favour at Ajax this season and could negotiate to get him for cheap. Barca getting in business with Ajax would also be encouraging for reestablishing rep on market

Andresito

Staff member
Haven't seen enough of Argentina let alone Ajax to make claims, but he's been out of favour at Ajax this season and could negotiate to get him for cheap. Barca getting in business with Ajax would also be encouraging for reestablishing rep on market

He's not a starter for Argentina either. Acuna is ahead of him.

Messi983

There were reports Ajax is willing to sell for around 7m. Barca doesn't have that money to spend now and I think they're also not convinced Tagliafico would really be anything more than a short-term solution.

But I'd take a loan with non-obligatory 7m buy option. If he does well and no better options on the market in summer we could buy and sign him on a short-term (2+1 for example) contract.

Opening as good as his future Barca career.

Probably less. Don't think he'll offer more as a back up than Dest can.

Still think we'll try to sell Dest this month to get room for more potential signings, especially Xavi's wet dreams Morata.

Devils

Hopefully just a loan with a buy option.

These Ajax players really haven't been lighting it up at other clubs in recent years.

behindbrowneyes

Club paid a combined ~37M for Digne and Firpo which was pretty pointless as Alba played perceived 95% of the games. What's the point in getting Tagliafico for a few months? I get it, Balde is very raw and not as conscience-proof as those other talents in the squad, but he'll be enough for those realistically 4, 5 games Alba won't play. On top of that there is Alves as RB, so Dest can play in those 4, 5 games instead of Alba. Somehow, Dest looks better on the left anyway.

Only reason I can think of is that they believe Balde will get more games at Ajax on loan.

MTL_Barca

Club paid a combined ~37M for Digne and Firpo which was pretty pointless as Alba played perceived 95% of the games. What's the point in getting Tagliafico for a few months? I get it, Balde is very raw and not as conscience-proof as those other talents in the squad, but he'll be enough for those realistically 4, 5 games Alba won't play. On top of that there is Alves as RB, so Dest can play in those 4, 5 games instead of Alba. Somehow, Dest looks better on the left anyway.

Only reason I can think of is that they believe Balde will get more games at Ajax on loan.

I guess they still try to sell Dest, so that option would then be gone as well. But yeah it seems a bit strange.

Any half decent winger or CF would walk straight into our starting line-up, of course loaning someone there might be difficult but would help way more than resting Alba in a couple league games.

iniestaGOAT

Loan wth buy option is a great deal. Make it happen.

Barca fans need to stop trying to make Dest happen. He sucks. Hopefully yesterdays game was the last opputurnity he ever gets

Birdy

1) Alba is unbenchable because of his Amigo friendship with Xavi, not for sporting reasons

2) Tagliafico sporting-wise is not good enough IMO.
Suffers from similar problems that Alba suffers.

Meanwhile, while Barca is closing this low key deal, Inter are closing a deal with Atalanta for Robin Gosens, maybe the best LB out there that is not untouchable and in top teams (like DAvies for instance)

Barca is sleeping zzzzz :sleep:

It's high time Laporta instills a proper SD to replace Planes, and a data analytics department to identify players and transfer targets.
I can't accept in 2022 the coach to decide on targets, we are not in the mid90s anymore

Hopefully just a loan with a buy option.

These Ajax players really haven't been lighting it up at other clubs in recent years.

Say that again!
we might end up in the summer with all of Tagliafico, Mazraui, Lisandro Martinez from Ajax to realize that they are meh in other clubs

As long as we keep ignoring the fact that the magic behind them has a name: Eric Ten Haag
makes mediocre players top players
like every other top coach (Pep, Klopp, etc)

Maybe we should finally go for the real thing then?

Home of Barca Fans