Nicolás Gaitán

Hatem Ben Arfa

images

Officially a Manchester United player now!

Fergie has done well, he's a very talented footballer and they can't keep relying on Giggs and Scholes in midfield.

Manchester United agree a deal to sign Benfica's Nicolas Gaitan for £20m plus Fabio and Federico Machedal

Metaphysical

Bomb Dropper
he's a clear-as-day replacement for Giggs.

excellent transfer for United, as they really lack left-footed poise when Giggs doesn't play well, which given his age is happening more frequently. Macheda just isn't progressing in England and needs a change of scenery, and Fabio needs games when he can get fit, so going on loan makes sense.

Gaitan isn't worth £20m but he has the potential to be. and when you buy from Portugal you ALWAYS pay for potential.

if they keep Nani they have an absolutely devastating wing corps for next season with Tony V, Young, Nani, Gaitan and then Giggs on the periphery. but I dunno, part of me thinks they'll sell Nani as he's such an inconsistent muppet, but I guess he does have superb talent and you never want to give up on that.

they still need to replace Scholes though.

M

mitkoa7x

A great player, deserves a big club like United to expand his talent.

Trequartista

The good
Great talent but overrated by nearly everyone
not sure why Man U will sign him with Young,Nani,Valencia and even Giggs in the team,if they had to go for a Benfica player they have to go for Axel witsel...

Manuel Traquete

If it's true, it's a great deal for Benfica.

Gaitan is a very good player, but no way is he worth 20 million (+2 players). Only one Benfica player could be worth such amount and that's Axel Witsel.

20 million for Gaitain would be great business for Benfica. He has basically been a poorer version of Di Maria for them.

Metaphysical

Bomb Dropper
Great talent but overrated by nearly everyone
not sure why Man U will sign him with Young,Nani,Valencia and even Giggs in the team,if they had to go for a Benfica player they have to go for Axel witsel...

Giggs is 38 and the other three are all right-footed.

yeah Nani & Young can inside on their left but are much stronger & happier cutting back on their right.

they desperately need a leftie to put simple but quality crosses in from that side. see how many assists Giggs gets just because he can put left-footed crosses/passes in.

they don't need Witsel (though he'd be a good pickup) they desperately need someone to replace Scholes.

and Estel, JM would be a (huuuuuge) upgrade on Carrick, which isn't really what they need. no, what they need is someone like Ander or Thiago (which is why they were in for Thiago last year, no idea why they didn't try for Ander) who can take control of a game in advanced areas as well as spread it wide with a range of passes.

Gilberto

Arsenal are said to be interested. They are spending big this summer so I wouldn't be surprised. His buyout clause is 50m if I remember correctly. He's happy at Benfica and they play good football so I don't see why he should leave. We'll see what happens.

Home of Barca Fans