NFL

KingLeo10

Lol, thoughts on this?

Nothing compares to the beautiful game - it’s the sport of the world and the masses

The SuperBowl is a commercialized glamour show with more focus on celebrities than actual gameplay

Also no doubt a City - Pool PL game gets bigger numbers than SuperBowl

Temptation

Nothing compares to the beautiful game - it’s the sport of the world and the masses

The SuperBowl is a commercialized glamour show with more focus on celebrities than actual gameplay

Also no doubt a City - Pool PL game gets bigger numbers than SuperBowl
The American guy's take on this got me thinking.

At the end of the day: What's the biggest metric of success? It's finances.

Superbowl generates more money. Even though most of that is riding on Taylor Swift and Usher's popularity and commercials every 5 minutes. Football gets so many more viewers but the revenue is relatively low.

Interesting how a sport only 1 country cares about can generate so much money.

KingLeo10

The American guy's take on this got me thinking.

At the end of the day: What's the biggest metric of success? It's finances.

Superbowl generates more money. Even though most of that is riding on Taylor Swift and Usher's popularity and commercials every 5 minutes. Football gets so many more viewers but the revenue is relatively low.

Interesting how a sport only 1 country cares about can generate so much money.

That's a byproduct of the US being by and far the richest nation/country/empire in world history

The entire world's stock market is like 100 trillion or so - 50 trillion of that (50%) is just the US (NYSE) by itself

There's like 6 or 7 tech companies in the US that are worth 2 to 3 trillion each - aka the size of France and Germany and Italy's economies on their own

It's really a shame most Americans are clueless about football or obsessed with the discount rugby that is NFL or obsessed with funding wars and displacing governments - the Middle East sheiks would get lil bro'ed if not :lol:

jamrock

Is line of reasoning is dumb af.

The NFL and all American sports is setup to me commercialized, they have time outs every game where, advertisers can put ads in front of the largest consumer base in the world, by revenue.

Of course they'll make more money.

If the EPL or the CL allowed as many ads the revenues would match or exceed the NFL.

The average EPL game gets at least 80m views world wide, drop a few ads every 5 minutes and watch the money rain in.

Rassvet

Is line of reasoning is dumb af.

The NFL and all American sports is setup to me commercialized, they have time outs every game where, advertisers can put ads in front of the largest consumer base in the world, by revenue.

Of course they'll make more money.

If the EPL or the CL allowed as many ads the revenues would match or exceed the NFL.

The average EPL game gets at least 80m views world wide, drop a few ads every 5 minutes and watch the money rain in.
Nah

Viewership would nosedive if there were ads every few minutes and average PL audience worldwide is much less affluent than NFL audience so ads wouldn't be worth as much

Messi983

One person has died and 21 people were wounded in a shooting in Missouri at the end of the Kansas City Chiefs' Super Bowl victory parade.

Nine children aged six to 15 with gunshot wounds are being treated at Children's Mercy Hospital, chief nursing officer Stephanie Meyer said.

jamrock

Nah

Viewership would nosedive if there were ads every few minutes and average PL audience worldwide is much less affluent than NFL audience so ads wouldn't be worth as much

Naah you're worth
The viewership may drop but not nosedive, fans won't stop all of a sudden loving the lost popular sport in the world by a country mile because games now have ads, doesn't add up.

Note as I said in my response NFL has the biggest commercial audience by revenue in the world, so I accounted for that in my line of reason.

But that's gets out weighted by the fact that the average NFL game has around 15-17 US and maybe 20-25 worldwide viewers, average EPL around 80m, would wide, just on a wholesale level, that will make up and likely exceed NFL ad rev advantage

20-25m alone in the US and Europe watches the EPL every week, that counters the NFL affluence advantage.

Messi983

Atlanta.....yikes @Messi983

Great pick imo, love Big Penix Energy, he's my top 2-3 QB this class.

I know they just gave all that money to Captain Kirk but he has injury concerns and they can get out of his contract after two years.

But yeah, didn't expect this.

Strange draft overall, 6 QBs in top 12 and first 14 picks all offensive players. Never happened before and probably never will again.

My Seahawks did well by staying put and pick Byron Murphy imo although I wanted to trade down (we now have a big gape until our next pick at #81) but there was probably no good trade available. Jaguars just behind us traded down to #23 and only got 2025 3rd and 4th round picks. So drafting arguably the best defensive player at #16, I will take day every day.

We reportedly also tried to trade up for Penix but price was probably to steep.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Great pick imo, love Big Penix Energy, he's my top 2-3 QB this class.

I know they just gave all that money to Captain Kirk but he has injury concerns and they can get out of his contract after two years.

But yeah, didn't expect this.

Strange draft overall, 6 QBs in top 12 and first 14 picks all offensive players. Never happened before and probably never will again.

My Seahawks did well by staying put and pick Byron Murphy imo although I wanted to trade down (we now have a big gape until our next pick at #81) but there was probably no good trade available. Jaguars just behind us traded down to #23 and only got 2025 3rd and 4th round picks. So drafting arguably the best defensive player at #16, I will take day every day.

We reportedly also tried to trade up for Penix but price was probably to steep.

I like Penix as a player, but he has his injury issues and durability concerns himself, and is also an older prospect. He's not a top 10 talent IMO.

I saw that Atlanta pointed towards Green Bay's model but both Rodgers and Love were picked in the 20s when we drafted them and not in the top 10, and both were 20/21/22 years old and sat behind HOFs.

Byron Murphy is a great pick for the Seahawks tbh. Sometimes you just gotta do the simple thing and get the best player available instead of overthinking about amassing more picks.

Home of Barca Fans