Neymar - v2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jadentheman

I never said Neymar is better then Messi. I know Messi is the world's best player bar none. However I seriously think Neymar has a chance of becoming on the best maybe not surpass Messi, but Messi is a living legend.

Cule4life

The Culest
Do we seriously need Neymar? Villa can play can for 2-3 years more. After that Deulofeu Will be ready. And we all know that hype can be misleading (Robinho, Sanchez etc.) He's a huge financial risk. Shouldn't we rather turn to cheaper alternatives or La Masia.If he has to come then we have to offload Sanchez.

misterplatin

Neymar is not in Robinho/Sanchez category. People should have understood this by now. He is the most marketable athlete in the world. His acquisition will be like Ronaldinho's in 2003 . Offcourse the team will need some changes in setup on the field to get the best out of Neymar .

ViscaBarca914

BLASPHEMY!
If Neymar comes he will play on the wings. No changes really. I also believe he is definitely not Robinho 2.0 lol. Kid has skills he is a great footballer. I just don't think we need him and his price is ridiculous. I would rather we invest in a world class defender or two really good players or something.

Cule4life

The Culest
Neymar is not in Robinho/Sanchez category. People should have understood this by now. He is the most marketable athlete in the world. His acquisition will be like Ronaldinho's in 2003 . Offcourse the team will need some changes in setup on the field to get the best out of Neymar .

If we buy him we will buy him for his skills not to sell shirts. We are not Madrid. We don't need any more marketing. We are already one of the most famous clubs in the world. Roanldinho's case was different. Barca wasn't so famous in 2003.

Trickykid

If we buy him we will buy him for his skills not to sell shirts. We are not Madrid. We don't need any more marketing. We are already one of the most famous clubs in the world. Roanldinho's case was different. Barca wasn't so famous in 2003.

This is terribly naive. Why do you think Rosell sold our soul for pennies in order to get Qatar on our shirts, if not for marketing? Our dear president is pure business, and with his ties to Nike, you can bet your ass, that IF we get Neymar it won't be purely for sporting reasons.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Vice-president said that if it was only about financial aspect we'd sign him with no problem but also added that ultimate decision will be Tito's.

Cule4life

The Culest
This is terribly naive. Why do you think Rosell sold our soul for pennies in order to get Qatar on our shirts, if not for marketing? Our dear president is pure business, and with his ties to Nike, you can bet your ass, that IF we get Neymar it won't be purely for sporting reasons.

How will having Qatar on our shirts hamper our play on the field. But if Neymar doesn't turn out be as good as the hype and we play him forcefully just to justify his price or for marketing that surely will
Having the worlds best player in the world on your team is enough marketing
You are being too hard on Rosell. In this day and age of Chelsea's and Manchester City's to compete you need money. And better an airline than a betting company

Trickykid

How will having Qatar on our shirts hamper our play on the field. But if Neymar doesn't turn out be as good as the hype and we play him forcefully just to justify his price or for marketing that surely will
Having the worlds best player in the world on your team is enough marketing
You are being too hard on Rosell. In this day and age of Chelsea's and Manchester City's to compete you need money. And better an airline than a betting company
See, that's where we diagree. You're most likely right, that it won't affect our play on the field, but there's so much more to this club than just what goes on during those 90 mins on saturday night. It's a question of life long tradition, virtue and integrity that Rosell is now bartering with. Not only did we get those sponsors on the shirt, but he/they abviously downright played us all for fools, now that they've shed light on the fact that the Qatar Foundation now conveniently will change to Qatar Airways next season. Betting company or Airline? I honestly don't care much.

PearLBLacK

Banned
Neymar's problem isn't the lack of potential. He's the number one prospect, if you can call him that anymore, in terms of potential. I still consider him Robinho 2.0 though, because if he goes to Barca he'll be in the same situation as Robinho. Unless Barca ignores its philosophy of promoting from within, he'll have to share minutes with Pedro (a guy with, theoretically, seniority over him), Tello, Cuenca, and Delofeu who'll all need lots of minutes to continue development. Not to mention Sanchez if he's still there. Who does Tito give preference, talented academy players or a multimillion purchase with all this hype? Either way, it'll be some dilemma for whoever the coach is at the time.

Neymar needs, imo, a guaranteed starting spot to develop and justify all this hype. 'Dinho started with PSG and Fat Ronaldo with PSV. This isn't the one and only standard beginning by any means, but a similar course would be ideal.

My opinion anyways

Cule4life

The Culest
See, that's where we diagree. You're most likely right, that it won't affect our play on the field, but there's so much more to this club than just what goes on during those 90 mins on saturday night. It's a question of life long tradition, virtue and integrity that Rosell is now bartering with. Not only did we get those sponsors on the shirt, but he/they obviously downright played us all for fools, now that they've shed light on the fact that the Qatar Foundation now conveniently will change to Qatar Airways next season. Betting company or Airline? I honestly don't care much.
I want the days when we paid UNICEF to have their logo on our shirts back as much as you do. But i don't want that the cost of losing out on someone like Hummels or Cesc and end up losing out on the big trophies
In spite of the Qatar fiasco we can still hold true to our values by doing a lot of charity work which our players already do a lot(especially Messi working with underprivileged children) We still do much more charity work than most of other clubs

M

Malappapper

Neymar's problem isn't the lack of potential. He's the number one prospect, if you can call him that anymore, in terms of potential. I still consider him Robinho 2.0 though, because if he goes to Barca he'll be in the same situation as Robinho. Unless Barca ignores its philosophy of promoting from within, he'll have to share minutes with Pedro (a guy with, theoretically, seniority over him), Tello, Cuenca, and Delofeu who'll all need lots of minutes to continue development. Not to mention Sanchez if he's still there. Who does Tito give preference, talented academy players or a multimillion purchase with all this hype? Either way, it'll be some dilemma for whoever the coach is at the time.

Neymar needs, imo, a guaranteed starting spot to develop and justify all this hype. 'Dinho started with PSG and Fat Ronaldo with PSV. This isn't the one and only standard beginning by any means, but a similar course would be ideal.

My opinion anyways

If Neymar is as good as most seem to believe, then he should come to Barca and prove his worth hands down. If he is but a Robinho Mark II that will eventually show up no matter which will be his first European club. As for Barca's philosophy of promoting from the youth ranks, well, we can't have it all our way. And let's not forget that most of our youth players fail to make it up the first team. It is only the cream of the crop that can hope to be starters for Barca. You gotta be a Xavi/Puyol/Iniesta etc to make it at Barca, otherwise, you are an Arteta and play for Sociedad, Everton and Arsenal, or you are a Soriano and play for Salzburg. There are no guarantees that Deulofeu, Cuenca or Tello will ever make it as starters at Barca. Only if they are good enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans