Neymar - v2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Robbie

Signing another attacker is not the solution. A world class CB is desperately needed. No more converted midfielders and no more kids from the academy. Throw a giant bag of money at Hummels or Agger. Think about getting Neymar as a luxury signing, because that's what he is; and you only get luxuries after taking care of the necessities.

F

Flavia

Signing another attacker is not the solution. A world class CB is desperately needed. No more converted midfielders and no more kids from the academy. Throw a giant bag of money at Hummels or Agger. Think about getting Neymar as a luxury signing, because that's what he is; and you only get luxuries after taking care of the necessities.
Aanother goalscorer is sorely needed as much as a cb is. Neymar is not the best name, bue pedro and alexis are not Barça material.

SoMa

Both spots are needed. This team has no dangerous attackers besides Messi.

The question is if Neymar is the right player, he is a gamble.

Stric

I don't know what makes people behave like Neymar will automatically be "an attacking threat" or a goalscorer. So far, he's just a big name. He needs to play a season or two in Barcelona for us to see if he's any of those. Who knows, maybe he'll turn out to be the next Ronaldinho. Maybe not. We'll most likely wait and see. At this point, it's safe to say that our dominance over European football is definitely over, and I won't even mind if we sign "an experiment" and see how it goes, rather than just making a "safe" signing for the sake of trying to get back on top as soon as possible.

Last edited:

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
I don't know what makes people behave like Neymar will automatically be "an attacking threat" or a goalscorer. So far, he's just a big name. He needs to play a season or two in Barcelona for us to see if he's any of those. Who knows, maybe he'll turn out to be the next Ronaldinho. Maybe not. We'll most likely wait and see. At this point, it's safe to say that our dominance over European football is definitely over, and I won't even mind if we sign "an experiment" and see how it goes, rather than just making a "safe" signing for the sake of trying to get back on top as soon as possible.

+1

Doobs

The Messiah

So much this.

Doobs

The Messiah
Neymar will not bring us goals playing out wide, especially playing the way we do. If we even want goals we need a true striker.

Armando929

The team is desperate for a Neymar type player as much as they are of a new center back.

He will be a huge improvement for the team.

He would have made no difference.

Defenders is what we need. And maybe start to integrate Thiago into the team more because Xavi is starting to get old.

fcbdna

Banned
He would have made no difference.

Defenders is what we need. And maybe start to integrate Thiago into the team more because Xavi is starting to get old.

I strongly disagree. We lack any sense of pace and creativity on the wings. None of our wingers can beat an opponent on one on one situations to get in a cross (low or aerial). They just seem to pass the ball back to the midfield. We strongly need to consider and overhaul especially in the defense and the wings as well. Maybe change to a 4-2-3-1 formation to choke up the midfield when defending as well as make room for wing play when attacking.

khaled_a_d

This

Micah

I would love it if we went for Bale over this guy. He's really been on the ascension over the past couple of seasons, and this season has really been his breakthrough year. It would be foolish to just dismiss him so easily, saying he wouldn't suit our style of play. Top players can adapt to any style, and he's indeed one.

His blistering pace, strength and height can add a different dimension to our predictable tiki taka.
I'm seriously having my doubts over Neymar. He's been apparently on the decline this season, and can be just about as frustrating as sanchez has been this season, his diving is intolerable. I really don't see anything special in him.

fcbdna

Banned
I would love it if we went for Bale over this guy. He's really been on the ascension over the past couple of seasons, and this season has really been his breakthrough year. It would be foolish to just dismiss him so easily, saying he wouldn't suit our style of play. Top players can adapt to any style, and he's indeed one.

His blistering pace, strength and height can add a different dimension to our predictable tiki taka.
I'm seriously having my doubts over Neymar. He's been apparently on the decline this season, and can be just about as frustrating as sanchez has been this season, his diving is intolerable. I really don't see anything special in him.

Well Neymar is somewhat of a a done deal so. . . . . .

Besides we should first consider if the player will fit in, rather than suggesting players because we prefer them . . . Look at Alexis

Robbie

Here's the problem: Neymar has only ever played in Brazil. Whenever he has faced a European defence, he has categorically failed on every level. Now you guys want to sign him to add goals for next season? Best case scenario, he takes one or two years before becoming world class, but those might be two very lean years where lack of penetration costs Barca silverware. Are you ready for two years of transition? It took Ronaldinho a stint at PSG before he was good enough for Barca.

If you want guarantees of goals, go for a proven champions league caliber (and also very young) striker like Lewandowski. He's probably one of the last few young and proven European strikers still available, as the likes of Muller/Balotelli/etc are at clubs they support and won't leave anytime soon. Neymar is going to be a gamble, and past evidence shows that he will need a lot of time to get used to European defences.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans