Neymar - v2

Status
Not open for further replies.

La LL

Generally Delightful
I think there's more to it than Neymar-hony journalists. Rossel always seemed to be obsessed with Neymar, and it looks he won't rest until he gets him, whenever that might be...

Are we talking about the same miserly "I-was-elected-to-bring-Barca-finances-under-control-and-not-spend-money-needlessly"-esque Rosell here?

Yaya

The thing is that the majority of people not supporting Barcelona don't really find Barca's players classy. At all.

It wouldn't be any different with this kid.

Daemul

previously known as Jonathan28
Guys chill, if we but him, we'll get him in 2013, 2 years from now, so calm down.

DucdeOrléans

People here:lol:

AS EMD wrote as a response to some stupid blogs published in Sport; How the hell can anyone here believe that Rosell would try to sign Neymar without the approval of Guardiola? Ridicules really.

Pep is well aware of the fact that Neymar is the biggest Brazilian talent right now and one of the biggest in the world. His qualities and achievements speak for themselves.

Instead of hating on Neymar (I bet only a few users here have seen him in action more than a few times), his hair (wtf) and his supposed complex behaviour (far from the truth), without even being able to mention any episodes apart from the 2 that have been mentioned 1000 times in this thread (mask incident, the bowel with Venezuela's manager).

I bet the mood would have been different here if RM was not interested in Neymar as well.

And when will people understand that a future transfer only would happen in 2013? (at January 2013, the earliest)?

http://www.mundodeportivo.com/20110...ece-y-del-gusto-de-guardiola_54213731562.html

http://www.mundodeportivo.com/20110...ue-ya-es-padre-a-los-19-anos_54213731529.html

Read those two articles above and cut the crap.

Poor_Sunyol

In Lucho we trust!
For once I totally agree with you, however Guardiola is unlikely to be coach in 2013, which may go some way to explain why 2013 is the date.

La Furia

Legion of Doooom
There's more

Dani : "If I can do anything to help Barça sign Neymar, I will."

This team is a disgrace.

For once I totally agree with you, however Guardiola is unlikely to be coach in 2013, which may go some way to explain why 2013 is the date.

By 2013 this team will have imploded or be near implosion. I know half these guys grew up together and it's all rainbows and sunshine, but you can't have this many egos in one place for that long without tension.

Last edited:

DucdeOrléans

You should do it more often then.

That was also the point of those pointless blogs on Sport (for those who understand Spanish, read the one Mascaró and Casanovas wrote yesterday)

But I am yet to see any clear signs that Pep plans to leave already in a year or two although he has said (rightly) that being a long-term manager in a club of FCB's structure (and RM for that matter) is much different than anything else because of the politics. But as long as Pep is satisfied and has the full support of the board and president (which he will have no matter who will become the president, there is even frequent talk that he himself will be a future president) then he will stay. The only thing that would make him leave would be (as he himself has said on numerous occasions) a desire to prove himself in another league or if he could see that his time was coming to an end. That said he would not leave without conveying his philosphy and project to his succesor as smoothly as possible (my guess is that Villas-Boas will be the successor when that will come into prominence). Can't imagine another scenario as he loves the club too much to do anything else.

But apart from that I think it is pointless to speculate about him leaving in the near future. Not when history is being made on a weekly basis and that does not seem to end right away.

IrvDizzle

Charlie Sheen's Protégé
This team is a disgrace.

By 2013 this team will have imploded or be near implosion. I know half these guys grew up together and it's all rainbows and sunshine, but you can't have this many egos in one place for that long without tension.

*insert confused BBM emoticon here*

DucdeOrléans

Simple, any team that's desperate to sign that idiot and his stupid haircut and use their players to tap him up is a disgrace.

More one-liners and more talk about his haircut. Just what he need after hearing the same thing 1000 times before, even from the same users....

Metaphysical

Bomb Dropper
Simple, any team that's desperate to sign that idiot and his stupid haircut and use their players to tap him up is a disgrace.

dude, stop ragging his haircut. it's unique and he wears it well.

he is an idiot, though. which is why the date is set at 2013. he has time to grow up and stop being an idiot. plus by then Villa will be useless as a wide-forward, unless he's secretly some kind of Cafu/Zanetti/Giggs type athlete.

also, this team won't implode. perhaps if we fuck up on whoeever we appoint after Pep, it may implode, but otherwise: no. the players are all friends, they all want to play for each other and help each other succeed. having a team built around a youth side almost ensures there won't be an implosion. and it's not just this current lot. Puyol's being matey-matey with Rafinha on twitter, Piqué's taking trips with Muniesa and Fontas.

sorry to tell you, but this team is pretty god damn united.

La Furia

Legion of Doooom
More one-liners and more talk about his haircut. Just what he need after hearing the same thing 1000 times before, even from the same users....

And I'll keep it up until he shaves that fucking thing off.

he is an idiot, though. which is why the date is set at 2013. he has time to grow up and stop being an idiot. plus by then Villa will be useless as a wide-forward, unless he's secretly some kind of Cafu/Zanetti/Giggs type athlete.

also, this team won't implode. perhaps if we fuck up on whoeever we appoint after Pep, it may implode, but otherwise: no. the players are all friends, they all want to play for each other and help each other succeed. having a team built around a youth side almost ensures there won't be an implosion. and it's not just this current lot. Puyol's being matey-matey with Rafinha on twitter, Piqué's taking trips with Muniesa and Fontas.

It's human nature though. This team has everything going for it chemistry wise, but chemistry is a delicate thing. You better pray Pep doesn't get burned out, because I can't see this system surviving after him. In the short term I'm not worried at all though.

There's a chance Neymar will mature; a good one, but also a good one that like his predecessor media produced "next big thing from Brazil", Robinho, he never fully gets it. I just think tapping a player up two seasons in advance because he's marketable is ridiculous, especially when you have the best youth program on the continent.

Last edited:

DucdeOrléans

I understand that the minority are able to understand Spanish here but if the same people who criticise Neymar would be able to read the recent reports about Neymar in EMD they would change their stance on him. As I and nearly everyone else (it is also pretty obvious) agree on, he has had his problems before but he has improved greatly since the Copa Libertadores win. This is not any news for those you actually follow him closely. I don't watch every game he plays (far from it) but I have watched about 10-15 games since spring (both league and national games) and there have not been any controversies apart from those two I mentioned. Even now when Santos are underperforming.

But I fully agree in the rest of your post, Meta. Talking about a disaster for the dressing room etc. if Neymar signed in 2013 is plain and simple stupid.

FFS Neymar still lives with his parents, does not drink alcohol, just recently became a parent and has a stable family life and he is taking Spanish lessons. A pretty good fundament I would say.

For an Brazilian that could be way worse. Some users need to cut the crap or relax a bit. Nothing is confirmed (just rumours) but writting him off already does not make any sense. You must be blind not to see his talent/potential.

There is a reason why clubs such as us, RM and Chelsea etc. are following him very closely. Wake up, please.

Last edited:

La Furia

Legion of Doooom
I understand than the minority speek Spanish here but if one would be able to read the reports about Neymar in EMD in recent days people would change their stance on him. As I and everyone else nearly (it is also pretty obvious) he has had his problems before but he has improved greatly since the Copa Libertadores win. This is not any news for those you actually follow him closely. I don't watch every game he plays (far from it) but I have watched about 10-15 games since spring (both league and national games) and there have not been any controversies apart from those two I mentioned. Even now when Santos are underperforming.

But I fully agree in the rest of your post, Meta. Talking about a disaster for the dressing room etc. if Neymar signed in 2013 is plain and simple stupid.

FFS Neymar still lives with his parents, does not drink alcohol, just recently became a parent and has a stable family life and he is taking Spanish lessons. A pretty good fundament I would say.

For an Brazilian that could be way worse. Some users need to cut the crap or relax a bit. Nothing is confirmed (just rumours) but writting him off already does not make any sense. You must be blind not to see his talent/potential.

There is a reason why clubs such as us, RM and Chelsea etc. are following him very closely. Wake up, please.

I read the article. Cristiano Ronaldo doesn't drink alcohol either, but as soon as he steps foot on the football pitch he turns into a petulant brat. And as far as I know Ronaldo didn't knock someone up at 19, which is hardly the sign of maturity.

I don't doubt his heart is in the right place. It's his head I'm worried about. The size of that ego on a 19 year old who has accomplished hardly anything is very worrying.

He has potential, but so do kids in La Masia, and kids throughout the world who will cost a lot less and come with a lot less baggage.

Anyway I don't expect to convince you anything, just like with Aguero it was never about the level of talent.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans