Neymar Jr.

KingLeo10

I think he's better than Ribery career wise. Robben edges him out because of greater longevity on the CL stage + dominant performances in WC 2010 and WC 2014. Suarez, Lewa, and Benz edge him out on longevity and overall impact.

He's a whole step below serial winners/geniuses like Xavi Iniesta. These 2 were main contributors in 3-4 CL + WC + 2 Euro Cups + 8 league titles.

And a whole two steps below GOAT tier like Messi. Messi demolishes him in goal scoring, assists, individual records, team trophies, level of play at peak (dribbling, physical ability/acceleration on the ball etc.). CR7 is easily 1.5 steps above Neymar as I have him just a bit behind Messi.

feggydinho

Too easy haha

He was insane. Watching this video makes you realize he messed up his career. He could have been all time bests.(if improved finishing he could be the best).

What really messed him up was that injury against Madrid in 2018. Was godlike in dribbling and creating chances until then, he also seemed to have declined a little bit more this season

feggydinho

IMHO we should get him especially for free and wage cut maybe he has a point to prove to Mbappe ...
Now after seeing Alves is back most likely he would force his way out of Pig$G cuz in my mind one of the main reasons why he left in 1st place was the
gremlin...

He has lost most of his dribbling ability, so we'll be buying a different version of Neymar. He might still be able to make it as a 10 if he avoids making those dribbles as he isn't the same anymore and focus more on passes and creating chances. Sometimes I pity him, cause he came a little bit earlier, would've definitely won BallonD'r if he came around now (post-Messi Ronaldo Era)

Last edited:

AL-MALKI

Doesn't he have a contract till 2026?

Yep...signed it last year I think to convince Mbappe to sign maybe he has some clause in his contract that allows him to walk or he just going to throw a tantrum at them so he could leave...anyway I don't see him their by next year....

AL-MALKI

He has lost most of his dribbling ability, so we'll be buying a different version of Neymar. He might still be able to make it as a 10 if he avoids making those dribbles as he isn't the same anymore and focus more on passes and creating chances. Sometimes I pity him, cause he came a little bit earlier, would've definitely won BallonD'r if he came around now (post-Messi Ronaldo Era)

Maybe ur right but I think he has a couple of years left in him on the Lt wing even without the speed, dribbles and he can shift inside...I really feel for him his departure was a combination of bad calls that led to it IMHO Messi Luis love story + Alves mess all played a role in it..the biggest mistake was from our club... by 2012 I saw Messi as the biggest problem in our club but he gave 2 good seasons after that and still he was our biggest problem and we should have let him go by 2015 with his lover and built around Ney...

Anyhow Neymar is in the wrong place if he leaves the Mickey mouse club and stay away from Messi I think he'll shine again and its his last chance he knows it...the only good thing about Alves being back it might persuade him to come back...hopefully without the midget...

Jadentheman

He was unlucky to have his main career during Messi's era of undisputed dominance. 2011-2015 no one could really go against that. By the time Neymar was entering his prime, Messi was the main man and untouchable simply due to his reputation. In Neymar's head leaving was the best thing for him to do because he was impatient and egotistical.

Let's be real Messi was already declining by 2016-2017. If he stayed one more season he would have passed the keys. It was really obvious when Neymar left, Messi was looking off.

That being said the door is closed for both Neymar and Messi for Barcelona. May the memories of their greatness playing for the Blaugrana be ever preserved in our minds and on YouTube.

Last edited:

OGbarca

Banned
i dont think he was unlucky. he certainly had the talent to really challenge for at least 1 bdor

awful work ethic, unprofessional behaviour, social media stardom, commercial interests, and a club that let him get away with it all is what tanked his career

Laplacian

He was only really unlucky about that first injury back in 2018. To be fair, he wouldn't have gotten injured if he wasn't doing flicks and tricks in midfield because he considered ligue 1 his play ground. if he stayed at Barcelona then the injury wouldn't have ever happened. He wouldn't have stopped playing for months and he wouldn't have gained weight and lost his pace.

He killed his own career. Should've kept his ego in check and stayed at Barcelona. It was the best place for him. Like seriously, moving from Barcelona to PSG? What a fucking stunt. Honestly still can't believe it happened.

I'm sad because he is a once in a generation type of talent but at the same time serves him right lol.

feggydinho

He was only really unlucky about that first injury back in 2018. To be fair, he wouldn't have gotten injured if he wasn't doing flicks and tricks in midfield because he considered ligue 1 his play ground. if he stayed at Barcelona then the injury wouldn't have ever happened. He wouldn't have stopped playing for months and he wouldn't have gained weight and lost his pace.

He killed his own career. Should've kept his ego in check and stayed at Barcelona. It was the best place for him. Like seriously, moving from Barcelona to PSG? What a fucking stunt. Honestly still can't believe it happened.

I'm sad because he is a once in a generation type of talent but at the same time serves him right lol.

Lol, those flicks and tricks were his style even while he was here and I've even missed seeing those on a regular basis. The difference was that our players were kinda protective of him here meanwhile the French league was all physical and rough.

Laplacian

Lol, those flicks and tricks were his style even while he was here and I've even missed seeing those on a regular basis. The difference was that our players were kinda protective of him here meanwhile the French league was all physical and rough.

There's a huge difference to how Neymar played here and in PSG. Here's a video for 2017/2018:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xUcguEwPzNI

Now compare them to 2014-2017

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n1FREHcNehk

In Barcelona, his style was more direct and quick. All about playing on the sideline and carrying the ball into the area. In PSG during his first season it's more of the same, the difference in PSG he didn't respect his teammates. He would spend about 20-30s on the ball trying to dribble through 3 players instead of passing the ball to the 3-4 open players around him. The pace of the match would literally come to a halt and his PSG teammates would literally sit there and watch him do tricks.

He brought the injury to himself:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z-i0tMHKIvs

It was his own fault. He had these sort of ball hogging moments in Barcelona, but they were a rarity. In PSG they happened pretty much all the time.

feggydinho

There's a huge difference to how Neymar played here and in PSG. Here's a video for 2017/2018:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xUcguEwPzNI

Now compare them to 2014-2017

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n1FREHcNehk

In Barcelona, his style was more direct and quick. All about playing on the sideline and carrying the ball into the area. In PSG during his first season it's more of the same, the difference in PSG he didn't respect his teammates. He would spend about 20-30s on the ball trying to dribble through 3 players instead of passing the ball to the 3-4 open players around him. The pace of the match would literally come to a halt and his PSG teammates would literally sit there and watch him do tricks.

He brought the injury to himself:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z-i0tMHKIvs

It was his own fault. He had these sort of ball hogging moments in Barcelona, but they were a rarity. In PSG they happened pretty much all the time.

I wouldn't really label it "him disrespecting his teammates" cause that's how he has been for Santos and Brazil, he changed in Barca probably because of our system and the injury in 2018 against Marseille didn't really come from him going on runs or doing flicks, he just landed awkwardly when trying to get the ball in midfield, in fact, most of the injuries he had in his career didn't come from ball hogging. It's a shame how short his peak was, really entertaining player at his peak

Home of Barca Fans