Neymar Jr.

JamDav1982

He looked bloated and unhealthy during the Real game.

Maybe gave up knowing he has his contract at PSG and cant escape. Living in regret for day he signed Barca.

Give them taste of own medicine.. bid 50m and get to point of signing contract and withdraw from it all with smugness.

Laplacian

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BKRTr20VLsM

More take ons and runs in a single season than most wingers did in 5. He was such a perfect winger, he was at his best as a winger. No idea why he was so obsessed with moving central and becoming an attacking midfielder. Watching Neymar attack fullbacks was such a joy. He was only 24 here, we could've had 6 more years of this level of play. What a waste of a career. Hard to find a player that moves with his agility, pace, and elegance in technique. Vinicius is up there, but he's not as graceful in terms of technique.

FinBarcelonafan

More take ons and runs in a single season than most wingers did in 5. He was such a perfect winger, he was at his best as a winger. No idea why he was so obsessed with moving central and becoming an attacking midfielder. Watching Neymar attack fullbacks was such a joy. He was only 24 here, we could've had 6 more years of this level of play. What a waste of a career. Hard to find a player that moves with his agility, pace, and elegance in technique. Vinicius is up there, but he's not as graceful in terms of technique.

True. To be honest, I didn't even remember he was that good but watching the highlights, wow. The guy dribbled past players for fun.

soul24rage

This!

Temptation

He wanted to be another Messi but his end product wasn't consistently legendary enough to be that. He was ten times better as a pure winger like you said.

Neymar wanted his own time where everything went through him amd he got all the individual accolades.

I bet you if Ronaldo left earlier and Madrid splashed the cash Neymar would love to go there and be the main man of such a big club. It would stroke his ego. The only option he actually got was PSG. But Neymar was so desperate to have his own team that he jumped at the opportunity despite it being a pub league with no eyeballs globally. Greed.

Last edited:

Laplacian

True. To be honest, I didn't even remember he was that good but watching the highlights, wow. The guy dribbled past players for fun.

Look at his assist to Suarez at 15:07. Look at how he toys with the fullback, constantly dummying and delaying his sprint, baiting the guy to tackle so he can finally make his run. It's just so effortless. Absolutely effortless...

How many players today do you think can pull that off? His "game sense" was elite. Man, it just depresses me how much of a waste he ended up being.

Last edited:

FinBarcelonafan

Look at his assist to Suarez at 15:07. Look at how he toys with the fullback, constantly dummying and delaying his sprint, baiting the guy to tackle so he can finally make his run. It's just so effortless. Absolutely effortless...

How many players today do you think can pull that off? His "game sense" was elite. Man, it just depresses me how much of a waste he ended up being.

Too easy haha

He was insane. Watching this video makes you realize he messed up his career. He could have been all time bests.(if improved finishing he could be the best).

Jadentheman

He was always quoted as having the highest successful take ons in La Liga and CL. Even more than Messi.

No idea why. It was a thing that started in his last season at Santos. Before that he was all winger. I guess he got more comfortable with it at Barca in Messi's absence. After 15-16 with his godly period, he went all in on the center.

Last edited:

AL-MALKI

IMHO we should get him especially for free and wage cut maybe he has a point to prove to Mbappe ...
Now after seeing Alves is back most likely he would force his way out of Pig$G cuz in my mind one of the main reasons why he left in 1st place was the
gremlin...

Temptation

IMHO we should get him especially for free and wage cut maybe he has a point to prove to Mbappe ...
Now after seeing Alves is back most likely he would force his way out of Pig$G cuz in my mind one of the main reasons why he left in 1st place was the
gremlin...

Doesn't he have a contract till 2026?

Blackened

What a waste. He was soooo good in 2015-2018. Too much too soon. Where would you rank Neymar amongst the best players of the past 10 years? Messi, Ronaldo, Iniesta, Xavi, Suarez, Robben, Ribery... Surely he is up there.

mc_lovin

Much lower than Messi, Ronaldo, Iniesta and Xavi.

Suarez, Robben and Ribery will all be remembered more fondly than him, but it's closer.

Home of Barca Fans