Neymar Jr.

Lutece FC

I saw Salah tearing Arsenal apart a few weeks ago and Arsenal are better than Lyon.

No no no.

Arsenal is not even in Champions League.

Last year Paris with Neymar dominated Liverpool.

We ask him only one thing : to be at 100 % in March 2020. He will rule Europe. Only danger for him : injuries.

serghei

No no no.

Arsenal is not even in Champions League.

Last year Paris with Neymar dominated Liverpool.

We ask him only one thing : to be at 100 % in March 2020. He will rule Europe. Only danger for him : injuries.

Arsenal are not in the Champions League because they play in a league that is in a different universe compared to Ligue 1. Lyon would be a 7-9th placed team in Premier League at this moment. And Arsenal would finish comfortably 2nd behind PSG in France.

Newcomer

Lol. He has regressed. His place in the European elite has been taken over by the likes of Mane and Salah. Is not even a top 5 player anymore. He was top 3 and from 2015 which was his peak he declined with every year. Him scoring some great goals in the 5th best league in Europe doesn't matter that much.

You are in denial. Neymar is consistently decisive. The guy is around 1 goal a game and 1 assist every 2 games. And those are not even easy goals he scored recently.

The only dent on his last few seasons are his injuries.

Lutece FC

Arsenal is not in the Champions League because they play in a league that is in a different universe compared to Ligue 1. Lyon would be a 7-9th placed team in Premier League. And Arsenal would finish comfortably 2nd behind PSG in France.

Lyon dominated City, the Champion of the super giga Premier League in their home last year.

Why do you put so much efforts to show that he regressed. He is in the top. You know him. He didn't change. He suffered of 2 injuries that's it.
He is still in the top, if Paris can have him in March 2020 (unlike the 2 last years), Paris will be a serious contender.

serghei

You are in denial. Neymar is consistently decisive. The guy is around 1 goal a game and 1 assist every 2 games. And those are not even easy goals he scored recently.

The only dent on his last few seasons are his injuries.

Injuries, playing at a lower level than his peers, and playing at a team that is an utter embarrassment in Europe. All these 3 means in the last recent years he didn't have the performances to be seen as highly as you seen him, while several other footballers played their socks out almost week after week against the best teams.

Newcomer

Arsenal are not in the Champions League because they play in a league that is in a different universe compared to Ligue 1. Lyon would be a 7-9th placed team in Premier League at this moment. And Arsenal would finish comfortably 2nd behind PSG in France.

Yeah and by your logic, Aubameyang and Lacazette who are Arsenal best players are former Ligue 1 players who weren't even close to Neymar level.

You don't need to compare Ligue 1 and PL to see the superior level of Neymar unless you are biased.

Newcomer

Injuries, playing at a lower level than his peers, and playing at a team that is an utter embarrassment in Europe. All these 3 means in the last recent years he didn't have the performances to be seen as highly as you seen him, while several other footballers played their socks out almost week after week against the best teams.
All those things didn't seem to prevent him to play some great games against Liverpool or Napoli.

But i already know you will dismiss any Neymar achievement, even if he were to score 4 goals against Liverpool.

serghei

Yeah and by your logic, Aubameyang and Lacazette who are Arsenal best players are former Ligue 1 players who weren't even close to Neymar level.

You don't need to compare Ligue 1 and PL to see the superior level of Neymar unless you are biased.

Arsenal basically took the best forwards Ligue 1 had to offer in recent years except for Mbappe. Tells you everything you want to know about the strenght of the Premier League vs Ligue 1.

Sure, Neymar's level is superior to many players. But some select players have played better football than Neymar in recent years though.

You see to evaluate players based on what they can do on their best day. I evaluate players based on what they do. Performances vs potential. Neymar has the talent to be the best player in the world. This doesn't mean that he is or he will be. As of now, he doesn't break the top 5 players of the last 2 years. Messi, Ronaldo and a bunch of players from City and Liverpool have been better than Neymar.

mc_lovin

You just confuse talent with form. Of course other players had better years than Neymar recently, but in form hes as good as any of them.

serghei

All those things didn't seem to prevent him to play some great games against Liverpool or Napoli.

But i already know you will dismiss any Neymar achievement, even if he were to score 4 goals against Liverpool.

Oh no, we're going round and round. CL group games are one thing, CL quarters, semis and final is a totally different thing.

I promise you that if PSG play a CL final with Neymar shining against the big boys I will change my stance. Keep him fresh, stop him from partying too much, and maybe we can see what happens. If he can be again in the circle of the best players in Europe or not.

Home of Barca Fans