Neymar Jr.

Tackle

Regardless of how defiant PSG may seem, it is in their best interest to get rid of Neymar and deep down they know a 27 year old, unsettled Neymar who wants out and has massive injury concerns in Ligue 1 is a ticking time bomb.

Their financial management has been diabolical over the past few seasons. Spending 400m on two players only to be hit FFP and fielding a team of borderline EPL midtable players around them is not how you win the CL in 2019.

Keeping Neymar against his will, at least for this season is Qatar's last big power play. Unfortunately for them lot they will regret the decision very soon.

Vilarrubi

They don't want money dude, they can buy anything. 170Million is nothing for them , they just laugh. We're talking about a country who have so much money, they even themselves dont know what to do with it.

They need Neymars marketability

You realise despite having Qatar funding they can’t just use those billions lol

They’ve still got to comply with FFP and use money from revenue and transfers, so having a 200m player who doesn’t want to play for you isn’t clever at all.

It’s clear how much Neymar wants to leave because of how advanced the transfer was, PSG saw that replacing him with players like Rakitic, Dembele, Dybala was better than having an unhappy 200m player and they needed that 200m to fund those moves. If Neymar doesn’t move they can’t just use Qatar funding as an alternative source of money.

xxxxxx

The French outlets are still saying we're negotiating, so I have no clue what's happening.

This is has been the most craziest transfer of all time. Changes every 5 minutes. Wouldn't surprise if the deal is back on later tonight.

Newcomer

Why stop on Neymar?
Why not add 200m for De Bruyne, 200 for Van Dijk, 100m for a new RB?
I mean, since we are cheating with money either way.

Also, a hypocrisy.
Imagine if RM has spent:
200m for Neymar
165 for Coutinho
145 for Dembele
120m for Griezz
75m for Frenkie
= in the last 24 months, and having wages 100+m gross for Messi, 80-90m gross for Neymar, 35m for Coutinho, 12m for Dembele and Frenkie.
We would say that Uncle Flo is a cheater and that rules don't apply for them.
Or if Quataris would have done this.
We would make fun out of their oil money and how they are plastic clubs trying to buy a success.

The irony is that in the last 24 Months, we are worse in every sense than RM, PSG and City combined.
The rules don't apply to us.
We have an unlimited amount of money to spend.
We are spending money which we don't have.
We have ridiculously high wages.

Remember this tweet from 2009, the irony:
[tw]2205431286[/tw]
[tw]1128446118180921344[/tw]

And this all was BEFORE 200m for Neymar's fee and his 45M Net (80-90m gross) wages :lol:

I mean, guys, be honest.
Imagine if Real or Psg would have done this.
If Psg is P$G, then a current, Barto's Barca should probably be called: Fc Bar$$$elona.

Also, remember the irony with this emoticon: :papaperez::bartomeu:
We have switched sides, haven't we?
The thing is Barça has always been a money club.

They did cheap PR with that Masia success at the time and surfed on it to make it believe they "make cracks" but history of Barça shows it has always been a money club. And there is nothing wrong with it.

Tackle

The French outlets are still saying we're negotiating, so I have no clue what's happening.

This is has been the most craziest transfer of all time. Changes every 5 minutes. Wouldn't surprise if the deal is back on later tonight.

I don't think we have totally given up yet.

I think the club media mouthpieces were told by the board to get that information out to put pressure on PSG.

It is still beneficial for all 3 parties to find an agreement.

Unlikely, but not dead.

Sorin

What is that sergiobc going on about ffp and shit? Did he calculate 222 for Neymar and all those other player sells? i'm all for shitting on our board for stupid scattergun spending but then embeding a full blown moronic tweet is even more idiotic. Expecting something else from BBZ is my fault though.

Newcomer

This all was a lost battle from the beginning. Psg knew that and the only reason behind those meetings was to keep neymar happy.

They never wanted to sell him.

Barça could have kept the 120 M of Griezmann release clause and be able to afford Neymar. It rather shows that Barça didn't do his best to get Neymar but tried to get him if they could buy him on the "cheap".

Sorin

Barça could have kept the 120 M of Griezmann release clause and be able to afford Neymar. It rather shows that Barça didn't do his best to get Neymar but tried to get him if they could buy him on the "cheap".

Mate, let's be serious, in true Neymar fashion, the guy expressed his desire to go at the last minute. We couldn't do our best because Neymar is a bitch basically.

Jadentheman

Neymar should have never left in the first place. But he probably should have expressed his want to return before Barca bought Greizmann. This result I didn't want to see, it's unfortunate and he's gonna rot in Paris :(

Lutece FC

So the only way it'll happen is if PSG lower the price and make an offer

And why on earth Paris Saint Germain would do that ? Did Barca offers something to Paris once ?

On the other hand, i remember Paris selling Ronaldinho to Barca when Barca was in a very hard phase for less than United propose thanks to good relation between Paris board and Laporta.

EdmondDantes

I think they will still find a way. Too much smoke without fire.

Neymar staying there would stink the place up.

Not to mention the players we lumped in the deal are also pissed off.

We're in too deep imo.

ebc_99

The thing is Barça has always been a money club.

They did cheap PR with that Masia success at the time and surfed on it to make it believe they "make cracks" but history of Barça shows it has always been a money club. And there is nothing wrong with it.

Exactly, the Mes que un club slogan to me represents Barca's place in Catalan society and all that goes with it, nothing to do with how we play or if our players are homegrown or expensive signings. Barca has always spent a lot of money and there is nothing wrong with that if it is generated by the club. The unicef logo was put on the shirt to get fans used to having a sponsor. If anyone believed that Barca are some kind of morally superior club then you fell for the marketing, which is exactly what they wanted. Too many people took it seriously. Ultimately Barca is just another football club, it always has been no different to any other and that's fine, it is still my club and I love it.

I started following Barca in 1994, and apart from those 5 years or so with Pep and Tito it has always been like this, politics, stupid signings, wasted money, corrupt executives,, poor team planning it is all classic Barcelona so nothing has really changed for me. The difference now is Messi, and because of him we are winning titles every year and are bringing in incredible revenue. 15 years ago Barca were not even in the top 10 for revenue, Newcastle Utd were ahead of us. I think recent success has spoilt the fanbase a little, but after going through the late 90s early 2000's, I am really enjoying the success.

But I think we would be even better with a new president and coach, we just have to be patient.

Home of Barca Fans