Neymar Jr.

Zica

can't remember who said it (was a few pages back) but i totally agreed: Neymar should of came out earlier wanting to leave and we could of halted the Griezmann deal.

Griezmann won't play as a #9 so we'll have to rely on Suarez. Messi is 1st name on the team sheet which leaves Dembele and Griezmann on the bench so Neymar can start. makes no sense, although theres alot of smoke i cant imagine this transfer

You mean in March ? I mean ... Barto should have kept his dick in his pants and not signed an illegal deal with Griezmann in the first place. The same guy who said he joined Barca last season and humiliated us with a decision video.

Laplacian

[MENTION=22956]FCB1987[/MENTION]

And players like Douglas Costa or Willian haven't declined at all in speed, different players different trajectories. If you've watched his games, Neymar still has his insane burst of acceleration.

I don't know where "lifestyle" meme comes from (is it because he's Brazilian?), but based on what pretty much all his coaches say he takes care of himself pretty well.

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
Look at how Neymar has once more started to become the discussion that the entire club revolves around.... If he can help us win a CL or two then good but I will never look back fondly at how closely Barca is associated with Neymar.

And those who think he's taking some paycut and a step back in terms of antics/drama/selfishness on the pitch? Not a chance. He MIGHT take a slight pay cut for like a year or so and keep his act together for a little while. But the more he takes over the team as Messi nears retirement, he will demand all the money and power.

serghei

Look at how Neymar has once more started to become the discussion that the entire club revolves around.... If he can help us win a CL or two then good but I will never look back fondly at how closely Barca is associated with Neymar.

And those who think he's taking some paycut and a step back in terms of antics/drama/selfishness on the pitch? Not a chance. He MIGHT take a slight pay cut for like a year or so and keep his act together for a little while. But the more he takes over the team as Messi nears retirement, he will demand all the money and power.

Yea.

I was so-so at first, but now I don't want Neymar. I think Griezmann is enough until we find a serious replacement for Suarez.

Kul_z

[MENTION=22956]FCB1987[/MENTION]

And players like Douglas Costa or Willian haven't declined at all in speed, different players different trajectories. If you've watched his games, Neymar still has his insane burst of acceleration.

I don't know where "lifestyle" meme comes from (is it because he's Brazilian?), but based on what pretty much all his coaches say he takes care of himself pretty well.

Hes partying too much, for a professional and for a player that aims to be the best. Those things are crucial, he could tear a muscle or whatever because of that lifestyle, body doesnt have enough time to rest, and with all those shit he do(late night playing whatever, drinking, brasil trips) he only accelerates those injuries

Laplacian

Bernardo Silva was a right winger before Pep but played well as a CM in big games. Griezmann has basically played as an AM for France and Atletico which is not that different.

It wouldn't be perfect, but I'd rather have Griezmann alongside Frenkie and Arthur than Busquets, Rakitic, Vidal, or Roberto

Pep didn't turn Silva into a midfielder, Silva always was one. His versatility allowed Jardim to utilise him as a right winger.

jamrock

Bernardo Silva was a right winger before Pep but played well as a CM in big games. Griezmann has basically played as an AM for France and Atletico which is not that different.

It wouldn't be perfect, but I'd rather have Griezmann alongside Frenkie and Arthur than Busquets, Rakitic, Vidal, or Roberto

No sir no

I do not think you understand what it means to play in midfield.

LABarcaFan

As of today, Aug. 13, the negotiations are stacked.
What a circus stories comes from Paris? The Catalan media "Sport" has reported just few hours ago about the first meeting of Bartomeu with Leonardo in Paris. Here are some important moments of this negotiation.
Barcelona sold Neymar to PSG for 220 mil euro.What Leonardo has asked today is Coutinho (100 mil euro ), Semedo (40 mil.) and a third player of their choice, for a one year loan. They want that player to be Rakitic (40 mil. euro ) and on the top of that, they have asked for 100 mil euro cash. That comes down to 280 mil euro, which is like a joke. Basically, the Qatar Prince does not want Neymar to go back to Barcelona. He clearly hate the Catalan team and will do anything in his power to destroy any positive negotiation. So, I think it is time for our board to stop this drama, once for ever and start looking for replacement of Luis Suarez. We have imperative need of one clear central forward to become our starter at # 9. There are 17 days to the closing of the transfer window. We don't need to continue this stupid negotiations with PSG. It's becoming irritating.

Neymessi

It's non-sensical to me, but to each his own.

And about the comment, this is the reason why people said moving to PSG was a horrible move for Neymar. Not enough exposure. If you don't play with the best and dominate in the games against the best, you can't be the best. Simple as that.

What you and others are speaking about is potential, not performances. The performances are missing beacause PSG have been trash in the Champions League, and got kicked out by United's reserves.

No one called him the 2nd best of the last 2 years. Everyone meant potential. Let me rephrase it better.

Who would you have in our team for a deal of coutinho + rakitic + 70-100m? One obvious answer would be Messi after which if you had to choose one would probably choose Neymar. Cr7, mane etc no way because cr7 is just a finisher and mane etc isn't anywhere near neymar.

serghei

No one called him the 2nd best of the last 2 years. Everyone meant potential. Let me rephrase it better.

Who would you have in our team for a deal of coutinho + rakitic + 70-100m? One obvious answer would be Messi after which if you had to choose one would probably choose Neymar. Cr7, mane etc no way because cr7 is just a finisher and mane etc isn't anywhere near neymar.

Really? The stat-tards just said he's improved at PSG compared to his Barca days. Which means he's been better in the last 2 years than during 2015-17.

I wouldn't have anyone for that money. That's like 200-240m. in there. He's not worth it.

xXKonan

Neymar's reputation would have been well intact if he didn't leave and he would still have likely been seen as the best footballer that wasn't Messi and CR7.

The move to PSG was the biggest risk that someone of his caliber took. This isn't a Mbappe situation where he was young enough that spending several years in Paris wasn't a bad idea, this is Neymar a guy who so many people considered him to be the best player in the world when Messi and CR7 eventually called it quits.

The stuff was stacked against him from the start. Sure he can make a lot more money while living in Paris and playing for the best team in the country, but the league just wasn't there in terms of competition, and visibility wasn't high and the only way he had a chance at getting the Ballon D'or, was if he won the CL or WC.

He had a strong start to his PSG career but the novelty wore off and Neymar suffered several injuries during his time there and PSG still hasn't progressed through the CL as they had hoped, and followed up by a bad WC campaign which saw him become a fucking meme and you get this version of Neymar, a guy who's reputation ended up being tarnished due to the problems he faced during his PSG career.

He left us two years ago with a top reputation when it came to his skills but fast forward two years later he's lost that reputation he once had and people don't talk about his performances in Ligue 1 and just focus on the bad stuff that plagued him since his move to Paris.

If only he had fucking listened to what the team and club were telling him. You had guys like Iniesta, Messi, Pique etc, begging him to stay and he still didn't fucking listen.

kattanib

We are currently at that stage in FIFA career mode where both managers sit side to side and after long negotiations we have given an offer that isn’t good enough but they told us they will take their time and get back to us. If it works, we will have the issue of not having the funds to meet the players demand, and thus trying to cut down from the bonuses fees lol

Potroh

I think we should move in the opposite direction. Forwards need to do more runs off the ball, not ask ball to feet in bad positions so they can do their 'creating' stuff. It's why we signed Griezmann.

More off-ball movement is needed, nobody will deny it.
But those movements have nothing to do with being able to creatively create.

Barca signed Griezmann just because.
Tactically he has no place in Barca, so it will be a very delicate operation to make him shine here.
He can easily become the Coutinho No.-2 or Arda No.-2 at Barca.

Barca is a rich club and therefore it often happens they buy very good players, just because they are very good, without thinking if they could actually fit in or not...

Potroh

Barcelona sold Neymar to PSG for 220 mil euro.There are 17 days to the closing of the transfer window. We don't need to continue this stupid negotiations with PSG.

No, Barca did not sell Neymar. His RC was paid. Very different scenario.

It's becoming irritating.

For you perhaps, but they have just entered the open phase of negotiations, so they won't stop now, specially not by realizing that a static No.9 would be a better choice.
They are actually right about that, there would be many other feasible tactical solutions - with a coach having some imagination.

Andresito

Staff member
We really can't make the mistake of being too desperate. Neymar is in no way a necessity and we'll do fine without him.
PSG shouldn't be able to press Semedo or more money out of us.

But watch us fuck everthing up because of Bartomeu's need for attention.

Home of Barca Fans