Neymar Jr.

MTL_Barca

How many did we have last year? If we count Coutinho as a forward although he is not we had 5 and how many games Malcom played??? WTF would anyone do with Messi, Suarez, Griezmann, Neymar and Dembele in one team?! It's clear this means Dembele will get Malcom treatment and that one of Griezmann/Neymar/Suarez won't be used properly.

We are not Harlem Globetrotters FFS!

Maybe they are banking on that at least one of Neymar and Dembele will always be injured :coffee:

Tbh there is just no way to make use of all these expensive star signings, but the past showed that the board doesn't ask Valverde when deciding these things thats why Coutinho is about to leave on loan instead of being a midfield starter.

Only way to do this is regularly play 4 of them together, but that means giving up a CM and i can't see Valverde doing that even in La Liga, and even if that was a possibility then there were too many CMs with Busi, Raki (still here), Frenkie, Arthur, Vidal and potentially Roberto for 2 spots while Dembele would then be the only sub for offense. Just weird planning all around, and so expensive.

But tbh the problem wouldn't even be Neymar. No other player in the squad prefers the LW position so he would fit in there and be an instant upgrade over whoever could play there. The problem would be Griezmann then who is far too good and expensive to just be a luxury sub for Suarez so unless he can take the #9 spot he will also have to play on the wings and take away Dembele time what probably makes him a 140M Malcom in Ernie's eyes.

BBZ8800

WTF with Messi Suarez Griezmann Neymar and Frenkie De Jong a CL is a must-win!!

2014 Atletico 1:0: Busi, Xavi, Iniesta, Alves, Neymar, Messi
2016 Atletico 2:0: Msn, Busi, Iniesta
2017 Psg 4:0, Juve 3:0: Busi, Iniesta, MSN

Neymar and Messi already played together in Atletico 1:0, 2:0, Psg 4:0, Juve 3:0.

Why do you think that it will be different this time?
In fact, they are way older and less motivated.

Xaviniesta

How could anyone fit Messi, Suarez, Griesman and Neymar in one line up? Doesn't seem possible.

This is what i came up with:

FscFdyV.png

It's similar to bayern/dortmund of 2012/13. think of de jong as schweinsteiger/gundogan and vidal as javi martinez/bender :lol:

300px-Borussia_Dortmund_vs_Bayern_Munich_2013-05-25.svg.png

Andresito

Staff member
This is what i came up with:

FscFdyV.png

It's similar to bayern/dortmund of 2012/13. think of de jong as schweinsteiger/gundogan and vidal as javi martinez/bender :lol:

300px-Borussia_Dortmund_vs_Bayern_Munich_2013-05-25.svg.png

Messi can't play as a Müller/Reus kind of #10. Having Messi behind the striker basically means playing a 4-4-2, which results in Neymar and Griezmann taking damage, otherwise it'd be a 4-2-4.

vlad

Also, ribery, muller, robben and mandzo are players that work hard without the ball, so their 2 man's midfield had huge help, that barca FIFA line up i only see that could work great in la liga vs mid-low table teams, but not in CL

Xaviniesta

Messi can't play as a Müller/Reus kind of #10. Having Messi behind the striker basically means playing a 4-4-2, which results in Neymar and Griezmann taking damage, otherwise it'd be a 4-2-4.

he doesn't play as a RW these days so i put him there. that's the best lineup i could think of.

Also, ribery, muller, robben and mandzo are players that work hard without the ball, so their 2 man's midfield had huge help, that barca line up i only see that could work great in la liga vs mid-low table teams, but not in CL

neymar and griezmann work hard,. suarez does ocassionally. but yes, messi doesnt do any defensive work. but having vidal in the line up is like having 2 defensive midfielders in one so in might work

instead of criticizing how about you offer any ideas?

Last edited:

gasgas

.......................mats
Semedo..pique.....umtiti...alba
.....................de jong....
Dembele.................................Neymar
............messi.........griezman
.....................suarez

Ultra attacking :rofl1:

JohnN

.......................mats
Semedo..pique.....umtiti...alba
.....................de jong....
Dembele.................................Neymar
............messi.........griezman
.....................suarez

Ultra attacking :rofl1:

Super Ultra attacking :p

.....................Mats.....................

Todibo...........Umtiti...........Alba...

........Arthur..............De Jong.......

..............Messi...Griezmann.........

...Dembele...................Neymar...

....................Suarez...................

vlad

he doesn't play as a RW these days so i put him there. that's the best lineup i could think of.

neymar and griezmann work hard,. suarez does ocassionally. but yes, messi doesnt do any defensive work. but having vidal in the line up is like having 2 defensive midfielders in one so in might work

instead of criticizing how about you offer any ideas?

Not buying neymar would be best idea, but if he comes, i believe neither of superstars will get benched, so your line up could become reality, then depends much on attackers, if messi will not be bothered with working of the ball, and suarez will put work here and there, for griezmann, we will see, arda was workhorse under simeone, will griezmann work with same intensity as under simeone? Neymar will not suddendly become disciplined player, he will lose balls, hold ball to much, its crazy to expect "new disciplined" neymar, because he isnt such player, and 2 players in midfield cant cover all that, you are overrating vidal here, he isnt young anymore. My prediction is, that will not work and its gonna be yet another fail in CL, and i dont see satisfaction in trashing mid-low table la liga teams.

I would put 3 man's midfield, vidal as a DM, i would bench suarez, neymar on LW, Griezmann false 9 and messi on RW and would prefer that he actualy stays there and let midfield do their job.

FinBarcelonafan

If you put Neymar, Messi, Griezman and Suarez all to starting roster, you should take out Alba imo. He is useless behind Neymar, If he plays on the left side.

Andresito

Staff member
Neymar coming probably means the end of Suárez being undisputable #9. Neymar and Messi will definitely play, while Griezmann will fight with Suárez.

Playing all four of them means somebody needs to adapt/change. Maybe Griezmann could become the third midfielder with Frenkie + somebody, but I doubt we'll see anything innovative with Valverde.

FinBarcelonafan

Or just instruct him to play more conservatively.

In that case we should sign different LB. He is garbage defensively.

Albas biggest strengths, speed, running to empty spaces and final pass inside the box. If he is not helping offense he is kind of useless.

Defensively he is weak, very poor in headers, bad positioning etc.

Donatello

This board is stupid, if they knew they were going for Neymar there was no need to sign Griezmann.

Instead should've gone for Felix/Havertz,

Dembele/Neymar--Suarez/Neymar--Messi/Dembele
--------------(Havertz/Felix)/Alena---------
-----------Arthur/Raki----FDJ/Busi----------
--Alba----Lenglet---------Pique------Semedo-
--------------------MATS--------------------

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans