Neymar Jr. - v5

serghei

Following a season PSG lost the league, never mind that they're only 4 points up on Monaco.

Ligue 1 is the kind of league where the 1st place (PSG) leads the 3rd place (Bordeaux) 5-1 at half time. That would be like Barca leading Atletico 5-1 at half time. Ligue 1 is just not a top league, no matter how you put it. 3rd place Nice is getting dicked around by Napoli in CL and now by Lazio in EL. Monaco is a ruin in CL.

PSG is a top team. Everything else is decent level at best. A lot of mediocre teams and a lot of plain poor ones too. The Monaco story was nice while it lasted.

Jair Ventura

Ligue 1 is the kind of league where the 1st place (PSG) leads the 3rd place (Bordeaux) 5-1 at half time. That would be like Barca leading Atletico 5-1 at half time. Ligue 1 is just not a top league, no matter how you put it. 3rd place Nice is getting dicked around by Napoli in CL and now by Lazio in EL. Monaco is a ruin in CL.

PSG is a top team. Everything else is decent level at best. A lot of mediocre teams and a lot of plain poor ones too. The Monaco story was nice while it lasted.

Bordeaux is 8th in Ligue 1. The 2nd, 3rd, and 4th places teams are Monaco, Lyon, and Marseille. All respectable clubs. If Ligue 1 isn’t a top league, neither is the Bundesliga.

Gordo101

Don't entirely disagree with anything you said, but it doesn't contradict what I said at all. If you look at PSG's lineup for the last few games, the players they have introduced since last season are Mbappe, Neymar & Alves, no one else has a starting spot. Lets think about this for a second:

Without Neymar playing, the only improvements/changes in the starting 11 from last season, are a 34 year old Dani Alves who left his last club on a free, and 18 year old Mbappe, who is now having a poor run of form.

If you lost the league last season, would you be confident in a 34 year old defender and 18 year old (although exceptionally talented) newcomer being enough to guarantee winning it the next season?

Also, would just like point out that as far as Uefa are concerned, Ligue1 is now on the same tier as La Liga, Premiership, Bundesliga and Serie A when it comes to the value of goals for determining the golden boot. Not saying they are all on par, but UEFA definitely think the gap is narrower than some people are suggesting, and I think they may know better than most of us.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Don't entirely disagree with anything you said, but it doesn't contradict what I said at all. If you look at PSG's lineup for the last few games, the players they have introduced since last season are Mbappe, Neymar & Alves, no one else has a starting spot. Lets think about this for a second:

Without Neymar playing, the only improvements/changes in the starting 11 from last season, are a 34 year old Dani Alves who left his last club on a free, and 18 year old Mbappe, who is now having a poor run of form.

If you lost the league last season, would you be confident in a 34 year old defender and 18 year old (although exceptionally talented) newcomer being enough to guarantee winning it the next season?

Also, would just like point out that as far as Uefa are concerned, Ligue1 is now on the same tier as La Liga, Premiership, Bundesliga and Serie A when it comes to the value of goals for determining the golden boot. Not saying they are all on par, but UEFA definitely think the gap is narrower than some people are suggesting, and I think they may know better than most of us.

UEFA doesn't have anything to do with the Golden Shoe.

https://www.uefa.com/memberassociations/uefarankings/country/

As far as UEFA's concerned, the Ligue 1 is the 5th best league in Europe.

Gordo101

UEFA doesn't have anything to do with the Golden Shoe.

https://www.uefa.com/memberassociations/uefarankings/country/

As far as UEFA's concerned, the Ligue 1 is the 5th best league in Europe.

Then who decides the value of goals scored in the leagues when determining who gets the golden shoe?

Yes, 5th best sounds about right, after La Liga, Prem, Serie A & the Bundesliga.

Edit: Yes UEFA do have something to do with the golden shoe, as I thought:

https://static-assets.bleacherrepor...lscorers-in-europe-latest-standings-on-may-22

So again, as far as UEFA are concerned, a goal scored in Ligue1 is now worth as much as a goal scored in any of the 4 traditional big leagues. Would like to repeat I never said they are on par, but UEFA definitely think it's much closer than people on this forum are suggesting.

Last edited:

Givenchy

I agree with alot of what Gordo said but imho Ligue 1 cannot be called a top league, atleast not yet. the best team in the league still hasn't made it past the QF in the CL, the 2nd best team just sold nearly all their star players.. which is sad btw as I liked the look of that Monaco team, Mbappe joining PSG on that loan deal is a real kick in the balls.

Bundesliga isn't much better, Bayern just buy up all the german talent (which in the future i expect PSG to do in ligue 1) but atleast they have history going for them.
I think we'll see the PL overtake Laliga and the rest even more over the next few years, you have teams like Stoke able to buy 35mil+ players, the laliga equivalent just can't keep up with that. City are doing a great job and have broken away from the hoofball negative shite tactics that Mourinho and Pulis etc play which we english get slated for globally. the amount of depth they have and Pep at the helm if their mentality is right they could dominate the next few years.

no idea wtf we or Madrid are doing about any of this

Hate to say it, but he's probably going to win the CL. Madrid's a mess atm and I honestly don't see them winning it a third time in a row (although i don't expect them to stay like this forever), Bayern lost 3-0 to PSG, Atletico might not even get out of the group stage, we're nothing special, and Juve lost 3-0 to us. He has a very easy path to the CL trophy.

Hope he loses all motivation and parties his career away once he gets this CL trophy. Like what happened to Ronaldinho.

Last edited:

Neymessi

Hate to say it, but he's probably going to win the CL. Madrid's a mess atm and I honestly don't see them winning it a third time in a row (although i don't expect them to stay like this forever), Bayern lost 3-0 to PSG, Atletico might not even get out of the group stage, we're nothing special, and Juve lost 3-0 to us. He has a very easy path to the CL trophy.

Hope he loses all motivation and parties his career away once he gets this CL trophy. Like what happened to Ronaldinho.

Psg aren't all that either. May seem from the scoreline but they lack fluidity and rely on individual brilliance. Rm not a contender? I would have agreed if the last 2 seasons didn't happen where they were lacklustre and still won both cls.

Juve missed a huge chunk of their starters against us. On a neutral ground against barca in the current form the game could go either way and personally I would say juventus has more chances of winning. Bayern have just got a new coach and they will slowly get better. Not to mention manc is a huge favorite this time unlike previous seasons.

Manc vs PSG full strength and I would say manc will go through as they are a team something PSG aren't now.

To early to predict anything imo but personally at this point of time I would consider a full strength city as the favorites.

Devils

giphy.gif

Home of Barca Fans