Neymar Jr. - v5

he's right about Qatar owning half of paris, and London.

Just a week ago when the neymar saga started, I had a documentary on TV on how Qatar bought more than half rich assests in Paris, and same in London, and some more EU cities.

Qatar is freaking rich.

Whats the name of this documentary, mate? Is it in French?

Trickykid

He wont bring back tiki taka and wont be signed expecting to as Valverde seems to prefer quicker passing through midfield than that.

Is good in tight areas and can support front three better than anyone at club and can cover LW.

No brainer to try and get him for me.

I hope you're right on that account. If he's as talented as you and others say, I guess he could learn to adapt to a slightly different tactical setup as well.

El Flaco

[tw]893194186983432193[/tw]

[tw]893194987252350980[/tw]

[tw]893195324247994371[/tw]

[tw]893195478631931904[/tw]

[tw]893195657976184833[/tw]

[tw]893195802545459200[/tw]

God Serena

I hope you're right on that account. If he's as talented as you and others say, I guess he could learn to adapt to a slightly different tactical setup as well.

Personally, I think the only reason it seems like he wouldn't fit is because when we think about the traditional Barca midfielder, we think of a player who is good at passing with some dribbling skills mixed in, but is no threat whatsoever going forward. Coutinho is more of a dribbler who can score, imo. Instead of seeing a lot of passes come from him we're going to see more link-up play, while the RCM can be the more traditional one. It'd be a good balance.

That being said, there's no way we manage to get Coutinho. Klopp is too adamant.

spark

"From today, I will do everything I can to help my new teammates."

"Except on My sisters birthday," He later added.

Trickykid

Personally, I think the only reason it seems like he wouldn't fit is because when we think about the traditional Barca midfielder, we think of a player who is good at passing with some dribbling skills mixed in, but is no threat whatsoever going forward. Coutinho is more of a dribbler who can score, imo. Instead of seeing a lot of passes come from him we're going to see more link-up play, while the RCM can be the more traditional one. It'd be a good balance.

That being said, there's no way we manage to get Coutinho. Klopp is too adamant.

You're probably right about that. I just fear that he won't be the player to bring back midfield dominance by keeping possession under heavy pressure. I don't deny the need of more end product threat from our midfield, and I'm sure Coutinho could provide that.

Cule4life

The Culest
Is Coutinho really the player to bring back tiki-taka based midfield dominance though? I could be completely wrong here, but he doesn't necessarily strike me as the player to first and foremost keep possession under heavy pressure and work his ass off applying pressure when we're not on the ball. Really exciting player, no doubt, but the times I've seen him (perhaps not entirely enough) he's often looked to surge forward with the ball at his feet and either go for the key pass or shot from a distance.

Pure Tiki taka of the old will never be back. Aligning of the stars aka Prime Xavi and Iniesta and a coach like Pep happen very rarely. With Coutino/Seri what we can do is have a strong technical midfield but with more emphasis on faster passing and transitions.

In an ideal world we would get Veratti but we live in the real world and i don't see better options than Coutinho/Seri

Last edited:

slvtn

He should really learn to present himself in a better way.

"I say what you'd like to hear" - every new signing at every club.

Home of Barca Fans