Neymar Jr. - v5

So did Barca get the priority clause on Pedrinho?

No, Barça wanted to set a fixed amount they would pay if they wanted him in 2018/2019, whenever they wanted. Corinthians wanted to sell barcelona the right to match any offer. Corinthians is paying its' stadium and we are semi-broke haha. So we were willing to sell the rights to match for 2m euros, if the reports were true. But Barça only wanted their way.

I think it was a mistake, this kid was doing magic with the weight of a kid and the pounds he added haven't slowed down his progress. I suppose that's nothing for you guys, dude is a magician and he's got a good shot too.

No, Barça wanted to set a fixed amount they would pay if they wanted him in 2018/2019, whenever they wanted. Corinthians wanted to sell barcelona the right to match any offer. Corinthians is paying its' stadium and we are semi-broke haha. So we were willing to sell the rights to match for 2m euros, if the reports were true. But Barça only wanted their way.

I think it was a mistake, this kid was doing magic with the weight of a kid and the pounds he added haven't slowed down his progress. I suppose that's nothing for you guys, dude is a magician and he's got a good shot too.

So anyone can sign Pedrinho now? a bidding war?

So anyone can sign Pedrinho now? a bidding war?

haha! In the future, maybe. There isn't a bidding war right now, but I feel he'll get to that point in one year or two.

2m EUR would've helped us sign a CB that's playing on a loan haha, we are damn poor. :(

/off topic. Sorry mods, I'm just very happy the kid scored a beautiful goal. And we can say we were discussing Neymar's replacement, lol. See ya guys tomorrow on the next episode of this soap opera.

springfield

Well after all this time it's clear that there is something going on. If it was all fake news, it would have been clear by now already. Because it's taking this long i assume PSG is not going to pay the release clause and they probably are negotiating with Barcelona. I just hope it ends very soon because the longer it takes, and Neymar leaves, the harder it gets to get a decent replacement. I really hope Barcelona is capable of getting someone who can fill his gap. That's something that concerns me, not just because of the available players but because of the wrong transfers they did before.

If he leaves, you can't really blame him. Players come and go all the time and he's not joining a direct concurrent. At PSG he will not only earn alot more, but he will be the main man. The team will be build around him. It would be sad for football, because he's world class and leaving to a less popular and smaller league.

serghei

Maybe PSG know it's risky to spit on the face of Uefa by bragging they know how to get around their FFP rules. That's like a big fuck you straight for Uefa.

springfield

Maybe PSG know it's risky to spit on the face of Uefa by bragging they know how to get around their FFP rules. That's like a big fuck you straight for Uefa.

By bragging? PSG didn't say anything in public and if the deal gets done then it's the same. And it's not because PSG pull of the deal for an insane amount that it means they got around FFP rules. Whenever it sounds suspicous, it will get investigated. That's what happened before with PSG's sponsor deal.

Porque

Long term reader and poster on a different Barcelona forum here. Want to give my thoughts on the Neymar deal.

From Barcelona position there is no negotiation. It is the 222m BO or nothing. The positive about this Neymar situation is that it gives us the opportunity to regulate our sales values and let others know that if you want a Barcelona player that it is BO clause or nothing.

PSG can't even begin to think that Barcelona will lower the amount. They have no leverage for a reduced negotiation after Verratti.

Neymar has no leverage to force a transfer either as it is a World Cup year and Nike and Brasil will need him playing regularly to be the face of his countries campaign. So basically he can not threaten to sit out of training.

As a Barcelona fan I can not feel angry about what is happening. The way Neymar was bought with bungs paid to his father makes this kind of sh*t right now inevitable.

If any rumours are true about Barcelona signing players for Neymar Snr (and Barto) commissions so Neymar Jnr stays then someone needs a serious kick up the ass. No one is bigger than the club, not least a dad who thinks money is good and will probably be done for laundering within 20 years.

So in the end
-PSG can pay the BO clause or leave
-Barcelona refuse to nego (unless something cheeky like saying at a press conference 222m+Verratti)
-Neymar and his dad can't do or say shit as he needs to play here for the WC and sponsorship obligations.

MIXA

We are approaching this the wrong way. Where others see risk, we need to see opportunity. Neymar’s dad might be one greedy guy but we must use this to our advantage. Sit down with the man and persuade him to become the agent of Arda, Douglas, Verm, Munir etc. Tell him that he will get an above average agents commission if he manages to ship some of the deadwood in the team. No doubt that his greediness will get the better of him. He seems to be a street smart individual. He knows how to play the game, not that game, the board game. I wouldn’t be surprised if this dude manages to sell some of our back up players for the same price that Uncle Flo has been getting for his duds.

It’s time for B-Dog to talk to Ney Daddy. Make it happen.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Long term reader and poster on a different Barcelona forum here. Want to give my thoughts on the Neymar deal.

From Barcelona position there is no negotiation. It is the 222m BO or nothing. The positive about this Neymar situation is that it gives us the opportunity to regulate our sales values and let others know that if you want a Barcelona player that it is BO clause or nothing.

PSG can't even begin to think that Barcelona will lower the amount. They have no leverage for a reduced negotiation after Verratti.

Neymar has no leverage to force a transfer either as it is a World Cup year and Nike and Brasil will need him playing regularly to be the face of his countries campaign. So basically he can not threaten to sit out of training.

As a Barcelona fan I can not feel angry about what is happening. The way Neymar was bought with bungs paid to his father makes this kind of sh*t right now inevitable.

If any rumours are true about Barcelona signing players for Neymar Snr (and Barto) commissions so Neymar Jnr stays then someone needs a serious kick up the ass. No one is bigger than the club, not least a dad who thinks money is good and will probably be done for laundering within 20 years.

So in the end
-PSG can pay the BO clause or leave
-Barcelona refuse to nego (unless something cheeky like saying at a press conference 222m+Verratti)
-Neymar and his dad can't do or say shit as he needs to play here for the WC and sponsorship obligations.

Welcome!

It is clear that if he wanted to stay, he'd say something. It's only on and whether they PSG can pull it off.

JerseyAddict

[MENTION=2]Bojan[/MENTION] & [MENTION=22241]Porque[/MENTION]

I agree with most of everything but what bothers me is that NeymarJr said nothing. So he is thinking of leaving. As a matter of a fact he would leave if the doors were open. Who is keeping them shut ATM is questionable... probably either FFP or PSG does not have that much money after all... As we know they have endless money it is only FFP that holds him back.

Zuti

What bothers me more then his silence is the fact that this whole transfer saga was obviously innitiated by Neymar or more probably by his father. If PSG was the innitiator you would think that hey thought about the FFP and money issues before even making an attempt of signing him right? So common sense implies that Neymars camp got the ball rolling, and PSG is now trying to find a way to make this happen financially.

Yannik

What bothers me more then his silence is the fact that this whole transfer saga was obviously innitiated by Neymar or more probably by his father. If PSG was the innitiator you would think that hey thought about the FFP and money issues before even making an attempt of signing him right? So common sense implies that Neymars camp got the ball rolling, and PSG is now trying to find a way to make this happen financially.

Fair point. I also read somewhere that it was Neymar's camp approaching PSG for all this which makes the whole thing even more hilarious.

Home of Barca Fans