Neymar Jr. - v5

Jair Ventura

Who cares about following him? What the hell? This is not facebook or twitter it's football.
And yes he wil be less watched there than in Barcelona but not that I care.

I'm not sure what you're trying to say here, so I'll try to be more clear. Do you believe Brasilians are going to stop following Neymar if he moves to PSG? Will Nike abandon him? Will Beinsports, ESPN, Sky, Globo and other networks stop following him?

mssarm

Barca is built around and plays through Messi. No matter how well Neymar plays Barca will always be recognized as Messi's team, and therefore Messi will always get credit for the clubs success. PSG has committed itself to building around and playing through Neymar, so whatever success the club has will be credited to him.

I disagree: the team follows to the player who can inspire them and lead. The team play through Messi because he proved year after year that he can lead the team to victory.No one will boycott Ney. He needs to show he is ready to take over.

Jair Ventura

You don't have a clue how Barca plays. Go back and search for passing lanes statistics last 2 seasons. More balls went through Neymar than Messi.

You probably got yourself confused as when Messi gets the ball he makes things happen/goes for a kill whereas Neymar is monkeying around most of the time.

I know that Neymar played as a set up man rather than a finisher last season. I also know that he looks the best when Messi isn't playing.

Raketa10

Barca is built around and plays through Messi. No matter how well Neymar plays Barca will always be recognized as Messi's team, and therefore Messi will always get credit for the clubs success. PSG has committed itself to building around and playing through Neymar, so whatever success the club has will be credited to him.

Dear Lord! We in Europe support teams not players! Barca is not Messi's team. Messi is part of the team, his integral best part but this is TEAM SPORT don't ever forget that!

Sneer

Banned
Douglas could have his best time as a footballer in the Finnish Veikkausliiga.

I absolutely agree and things like that would lead to a better club in a bigger league making a terrible mistake.
Wouldn't change the fact that he would get a lot of attention for standing out as the best there.

Jair Ventura

Dear Lord! We in Europe support teams not players! Barca is not Messi's team. Messi is part of the team, his integral best part but this is TEAM SPORT don't ever forget that!

I don't understand how this is a response to what I've been arguing. I never said anything about football not being a team sport.

Devils

I also disagree with the notion that Neymar can't get that recognition at Barca. In 2015 he was well recognized by most football fans as being better than Ronaldo and a lot of Barca fans expected him to be a serious contender for the b'dor in 2016 after making the podium in 2015.

But he regressed quite significantly from his 2015 days.

That's on him, not Messi.

Raketa10

I'm not sure what you're trying to say here, so I'll try to be more clear. Do you believe Brasilians are going to stop following Neymar if he moves to PSG? Will Nike abandon him? Will Beinsports, ESPN, Sky, Globo and other networks stop following him?

Who the fuck cares if Brazilians will keep folowing him or not? That's the problem with you. You are here just because of Neymar and we are here because of Barca. I am from Croatia and I love Rakitic but would I follow him less if he goes to PSG. Well I probably would because I love watching Barca more than I love watching Rakitic.

JamDav1982

Who the fuck cares if Brazilians will keep folowing him or not? That's the problem with you. You are here just because of Neymar and we are here because of Barca. I am from Croatia and I love Rakitic but would I follow him less if he goes to PSG. Well i probably would because I love watching Barca more than I love watching Rakitic.

I dont think he is even pretending to be a Barca fan. He supports PSG as far as I know.

Jair Ventura

Who the fuck cares if Brazilians will keep folowing him or not? That's the problem with you. You are here just because of Neymar and we are here because of Barca. I am from Croatia and I love Rakitic but would I follow him less if he goes to PSG. Well I probably would because I love watching Barca more than I love watching Rakitic.

I'm confused as to why you responded to me in the first place. I was only explaining why Neymar would view the move differently than Barca supporters.

Home of Barca Fans