New Camp Nou

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Works on remodeling of Camp Nou will start in season 2017/2018 and should be finished in 2021/2022.

FOTO-A--Vista-nocturna1280.v1457474577.v1457475332.jpg

Some key featured of remodeled Camp Nou.

im84l1.jpg

2rhy9lx.jpg

Galning

Gonna be great although I don't trust Barto 100% with this. Hope there's no shady deals, paying architects for doing nothing, etc.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
I found #2 and #11 quite laughable.

#2 Perfect view? Too subjective. All seats can see all of the stadium? Is that not the case right now?

#11 Wait list? Other than games like el Clasico and some highly sought after CL games, what wait list are we talking about.

That CGI animation of what the stadium will look like looks quite different from the official rendition pictures we saw by the way.

F

Flavia

I found #2 and #11 quite laughable.

#2 Perfect view? Too subjective. All seats can see all of the stadium? Is that not the case right now?

#11 Wait list? Other than games like el Clasico and some highly sought after CL games, what wait list are we talking about.

That CGI animation of what the stadium will look like looks quite different from the official rendition pictures we saw by the way.

I think there're a few seats with the view blocked. Found this.
And the wait list I think is for season tickets.

Catalan Fan

Forgive my ignorance on this, but who is actually paying for this to be built ? I've read it will cost upto £500m which isn't exactly pocket change.

I also read that "sponsors" would fit half of the bill, with naming rights etc.If so, then who will it be ?

aaron101

http://www.european-football-statistics.co.uk/attn.htm

Moaning about the second highest average attendance in European football? OK.

Also the more fans that get to go to big games the better.

Of course. We have the highest seating capacity in Europe but that doesn't change the fact that it only gets filled on big games. Our only big games on La Liga are against Atletico and Real Madrid. On UCL, it only gets filled when we're on semi finals or if we face a big team on quarter finals. You should look at the average attendance and compare it to the total seating capacity. There's always like 10-20k empty seats every game on a regular basis. Signal Iduna park is in my opinion the best in Europe. Its the biggest in Germany and it's always full even when they are playing a DFB Pokal game against a 2nd division team. One of the reasons behind this is the ticket prices in Germany are cheaper than any top leagues in Europe. With the Camp Nou's renovation, expect the ticket prices will definitely increase and it will probably cause a regularly low attendance.

JamDav1982

Of course. We have the highest seating capacity in Europe but that doesn't change the fact that it only gets filled on big games. Our only big games on La Liga are against Atletico and Real Madrid. On UCL, it only gets filled when we're on semi finals or if we face a big team on quarter finals. You should look at the average attendance and compare it to the total seating capacity. There's always like 10-20k empty seats every game on a regular basis. Signal Iduna park is in my opinion the best in Europe. Its the biggest in Germany and it's always full even when they are playing a DFB Pokal game against a 2nd division team. One of the reasons behind this is the ticket prices in Germany are cheaper than any top leagues in Europe. With the Camp Nou's renovation, expect the ticket prices will definitely increase and it will probably cause a regularly low attendance.

What do you think the club should have done?

There are a variety if ways to try and increase attendances and one of them is to improve the match experience for the fans which quite clearly they are trying to do.

Attendances are not always linked to ticket prices. The ticket prices for members etc are very low in comparison to other leagues and clubs anyway.

Galning

I think there're a few seats with the view blocked. Found this.
And the wait list I think is for season tickets.

There's even worse than that view. I've seen seats where you're literally behind a wall if the team is playing on one side of the pitch :lol:

Home of Barca Fans