Nemanja Vidic

Unbiased United

to me Vidic was Uniteds second best player after Rooney. yes, that's how bad they all were..

I dont agree. Because I think that saying United were 'bad' is taking away something from Barcelona and their amazing preformance. They were unplayable for the most part, not because United were bad but because they were totally amazing.

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!
you misunderstood me there. I rate Vidic really high, I think he's better, less injury prone, and more consistent than Rio. what I meant is that Vidic didn't have the best of nights yesterday, he made some crucial tackles at the beginning but then he started to get owned, he also should've done better for Messi's goal, and for me on average that isn't a good overall match but somehow he ended up being ManUtd second best player on the night and that reflected on how poor they were. hopefully it's clear now.

haha I did suspect you meant some thing like that... but then Vidic was actually not that bad. I mean he was skinned once or twice but he had a very solid game

silky_soccer

Fireman Sam
you misunderstood me there. I rate Vidic really high, I think he's better, less injury prone, and more consistent than Rio. what I meant is that Vidic didn't have the best of nights yesterday, he made some crucial tackles at the beginning but then he started to get owned, he also should've done better for Messi's goal, and for me on average that isn't a good overall match but somehow he ended up being ManUtd second best player on the night and that reflected on how poor they were. hopefully it's clear now.

In 2006-2009 Rio reached a height that I dont Vida will ever reach. Watching them play every week is a privilage, but Vidic was always suceptable to pace, where as a peak Rio could literally defend anything, and do it looking like he wasnt trying.

Catalonian Devil

Shukran Pep
In 2006-2009 Rio reached a height that I dont Vida will ever reach. Watching them play every week is a privilage, but Vidic was always suceptable to pace, where as a peak Rio could literally defend anything, and do it looking like he wasnt trying.

True, in his prime I would rank Rio among the top 5 or maybe even top 3 defenders that I have seen in my time...

Our beloved Vidic is in the last year of his contract and there were always rumors of him and his wife wanting to move to Spain. With all those major changes at our club I wouldn't hold leaving against him as he was a top player in his prime for us and still is one of the best defenders in the world right now. Could definitely see him joining you guys next summer. He'd be everything you really need right now. A proven, world class CB that is also a leader in defense. He'll be 33 next season but he never was a pacey CB so you could atleast get 1-2 great seasons out of him. He would be probably the best solution for you guys.

Theconomist

Our beloved Vidic is in the last year of his contract and there were always rumors of him and his wife wanting to move to Spain. With all those major changes at our club I wouldn't hold leaving against him as he was a top player in his prime for us and still is one of the best defenders in the world right now. Could definitely see him joining you guys next summer. He'd be everything you really need right now. A proven, world class CB that is also a leader in defense. He'll be 33 next season but he never was a pacey CB so you could atleast get 1-2 great seasons out of him. He would be probably the best solution for you guys.

No thanks.
We need a long term solution to our CB issue. He would have been a good buy this summer for an eventual long term option next year.

He's old, slow and injury prone. We already have Puyol for that.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Vidic should try a move to Italy instead. I doubt we or Real Madrid would be interested in him and I dont think he wants to play for any other spanish club either.

H

Haruko The Goon

Manchester United defender Nemanja Vidic is not expected to sign a new contract with the Premier League champions but won't be moving to Napoli, his agent has said.

Martina told Italy's Radio Crc that Vidic "wants to finish the season with Manchester United" but also suggested it is unlikely he will remain at Old Trafford beyond this time.

"There has not been any contact with Napoli, and I don't think anything will come of that. The player's contract is up for renewal, but Napoli have not contacted me.

"Manchester United have already offered him an extension and there are lots of clubs approaching him, but he wants to finish the season at Manchester United - and then we'll see."

"He's a very big player and he'll not have any problems finding a new club. For the moment, we're remaining calm because the situation could change from one moment to the next. However, at the moment, I can rule out him signing an extension with the United. We will see at the end of the season"

Should throw a ton of money at him. Not many world class CB's available. Would be a decent idea to play him as a LCB and Pique as a RCB at least for 1 or 2 years.
Can't see Vidic saying no to playing in Spain, enjoying a nice signing on fee, and being part of a team that has the likes of Messi Fabregas Iniesta Pique Neymar etc etc.....

The Observer

He's slow and shit on the ball but I'd take him for depth. It's not like we have too many options at the back. Will depend on the wages he will ask. He's probably not extending with United because of money.

"For the moment, we're remaining calm because the situation could change from one moment to the next. However, at the moment, I can rule out him signing an extension with the United."

Seems all about money.

ThwiX

Best midfielder around
Don't need another idiot to throw insults at because he is stalling Bartra's development.
Throw money at him? That's just stupid. That old snail isn't worth shit, if he wants to come here he better come for free or even pay us to come here.

Last edited:
H

Haruko The Goon

Can't believe the comments.

He's not Vidic of 06-10

But he's not an idiot. Could be the ideal stop gap, until Bartra's fully ready perhaps.

Home of Barca Fans