Nelson Semedo

xXKonan

Semedo is this seasons Umtiti.

Which is needed since the RB spot has been one of our main weaknesses. Now we just need a buy a young Midfielder that can make the impact Semedo and Umtiti have.

Messi983

Bigger the size more the full backs will have to cover the ground and also should be better at providing the width? If the field is smaller, Roberto's weaknesses as a full back wouldn't be as exposed/exploited as they would be on a bigger field?

Good point.

On the other hand though Semedo is better offensively which is needed more on smaller fields.

Xaviniesta

DK1enQmUIAAsgJk.jpg

The muscles on this lad. He would have knocked out Neymar.

Last edited:

jairzinho

Based on his performances thus far, it's not surprising he's been called up. He's been good in every facet of the game.

xXKonan

Portugal have some interesting RB options and even some coming through the U-21 ranks and below as well.

Semedo's performances for the national team with his 6 caps weren't great, but it's likely down to the system as it's a lot different to what his style of play and skill set is. That's why Cedric Soares is currently a starter because he suits the system as he's a hard worker and it suits him.

Soares out of all the Portuguese RB's is easily the weakest in terms of talent and technical ability, but he makes up for it in heart and work. but I could see Semedo eventually overtaking him as Portugal's number #1 once he becomes more accustomed to Fernando Santos system.

draconifire

Honestly after all these games, except a bit of lack in vision I haven't found any flaws in his game. He's perfect as an RB for us. I don't know what more he can show us. Too perfect of a signing.

Xaviniesta

He deserves a better midfielder than Rakitic to link up with. They don't complement each other at all, unlike like Xavi and Dani Alves.

Paulinho was really good at linking up with him from what I've seen

serghei

I was wrong on this one, wish he could spot a pass better, but I am just spoiled by that alien Alves.

I feel that will come with time and more confidence. Alves wasn't a passing maestro either in his first season. He also improved in this area at Barca.

Home of Barca Fans