Nelson Semedo

Alik

Semedo isn't a super-star to expect his team-mates who've been playing together for years, To suddenly start passing the ball to him at every opportunity possible

How about expecting the pass when he is clearly the best available option?

Neymessi

HE isn't a headless chicken in attack like vidal. In the whole game, he showed immense intellect and knew exactly when to go ahead and attack and when not to. Something Alves had forgotten in his last years and vidal never had an inch of it. Roberto had a bit of it but semedo is what we have been looking for all this time.

xXKonan

What weed need in fullbacks is one really good full-back with strength and height (Abidal), and one with great attacking flair (Alves)

We have Semedo, but Alba...meh...we should give Cucurella a shot
I just want a LB who has more than just pace.

Alba has been a key player for us, especially in the 2014/15 season but if you compare him to the best LB's out there you can tell straight away what he lacks when you compare them. Height isn't a deal breaker for me but I do want a LB who has a higher Football IQ and overall better technical skill set.

Semedo once he gets more comfortable he will likely start to show the gap in quality vs Alba in a number of areas.

Alik

Alba is still one of the top LBs out there. There just doesn't seem to be that much availability and we have a lot bigger problems elsewhere in the squad.

serghei

Alba is still one of the top LBs out there. There just doesn't seem to be that much availability and we have a lot bigger problems elsewhere in the squad.

True.

Alba is still reliable and when on form he can secure his side against pretty much every opponent out there. He has the speed to go up and down, and he can pass fine.

Richard.H

Him and Umtiti seem to be the future of our club.. Strange thing to say considering our defense was a major weak point until recently.

dillinja

He had a pretty good cameo but by reading this thread you'd think he had 2 goals 4 assists and totally dominated the game...

N612

Speak of making a mountain out of a molehill.
Semedo isn't a super-star to expect his team-mates who've been playing together for years, To suddenly start passing the ball to him at every opportunity possible, This happens with almost all new players.
Not to mention yesterday the whole team was disoriented, Giving the ball to semedo was the last thing on their mind.
He'll start getting more of the ball once the other players start trusting him more and with his abilities, For now he's just a new RB with only 20 minutes of official playtime.

No i dont mean to say anythibg is done on purpose or that the NEED to pass to him to lrt hin play.. i just mean that the team should start looking for new alternative solutions in such closed games. Im sick of seeinf everyone passing the ball to messi when hes surrounded by 5 pkayers and expect hin to score from that nlt just create something ... and fortunatrly for us he often does or our days would have been gone a long time ago

Anyway i just support trying new players amd having cobfidence in them...he wikl become a superstar. Asensio and vazquez were nobodies and now they re somebody.... xavi inesta were average before their boom i dont know i just wish to see a new mentality

clemente

How did we even get him? I start thinking about those theories how Barto is trying to fuck this club over, because cmon Paulinho signing has to be a troll, but then I think about how we got Semedo or Umtiti and my theories go away..

Home of Barca Fans