Nelson Semedo

putogusiluz8

The Pale One
It only took him a season and a half to unveil his attacking potential. I'm glad he's finally had the courage. What a shy player. He will continue to improve though. The best is yet to come.

Devils

He doesn't go all out in attacking when he doesn't have a pacey winger alongside him because he knows it will leave the right flank exposed and therefore makes more neutral passes and safer plays.

He's actually a very smart player and plays with the primary objective of making sure the the opposition on the right flank is neutralized before anything else.

This is completely opposite to Roberto who tries to go ballistic offensively and gets exposed defensively, time and time again.

cro-man

He is improving which is good for us because i dont see us signing a rb. We can only pray that it will be enough to bench roberto for good because right now as it stands roberto is not good enough.

Leo_Messi

Growing by each day. In particularly and most importantly (as this was his achilles heel) offensively. This bounds well and his partnership with Dembélé is bound to reach new exciting and promising heights.

It always seemed very strange to me that a player with his characteristics did not show more offensively when he had and has every tool in his toolbox to perform great offensively on a consistent basis. It seems to be a mental thing if anything and of course a lack of consistent playing time given that Valverde keeps rotating him with Roberto who is NOT a RB and who should not be playing as a RB. Preferably.

Last edited:

Jombi

It only took him a season and a half to unveil his attacking potential. I'm glad he's finally had the courage. What a shy player. He will continue to improve though. The best is yet to come.

Once Messi is back, he will be instructed to play conservative.

Horatio

You're welcome
Great to see him do well. People already opted to look for anothet RB. i decided to be a bit more patient.

xXKonan

He works best when he has someone on the RW to link up with.

I think one of the reasons he's afraid of going forward too much when he has no RW in front of him is he's probably afraid of teams trying to exploit the space right in behind him. All it takes is for one bad touch or bad pass and a player or two can get in behind and be 2v1 vs Pique. Sure the CM is suppose to cover but Rakitic doesn't exactly have the legs he use to compared to 2014-16.

With an RW in front of him, he clearly feels more comfortable adventuring out as he feels he has more cover and being able to help mask whatever problems he may have with the ball at his feet. But if there's one thing I wish he would use more it's his explosive pace.

He certainly has the pace to really make a gut-busting run forward in the vein of Jordi Alba. But he sometimes lacks the courage at times to really use it. Who knows if he keeps playing he will find that making those runs forward as Alba does may not be a bad idea.

dostoevskij

wow, just look at the way he totally fooled Ramos in the last seconds of the game at the corner line!!!

immense game, keep it up and he can be the RB we were looking for. still happy to have Roberto too, but please semedo for plan A

Danic

Great game. Unfortunately i alwqys have the feeling his game is harmed by messi in front of him who is ignoring him most of the time...

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
He probably is instructed to be conservative going forward with Messi in but it doesn't change the fact he looked hopeless each time he did cross the half way line nor that he is not some kind of beast defensively.

Madrid match was great let's hope it's something he can build on.

Home of Barca Fans