Nelson Semedo

Messigician

Let's be honest he offers nothing in attack, if it weren't for his pace he would not be here.

Personally I think De Marcos is a good shout for our first choice right back

Messigician

Why would we look for a new RB before giving Semedo a chance to prove himself and fixing the problems on our right side?

Even prime Alves would struggle with Ernie taka

Ok but we have Ernie for the foreseeable future so why dont we get players that he has worked with to suit the system? Obviously Semedo isn't working out.

Cule4life

The Culest
Ok but we have Ernie for the foreseeable future so why dont we get players that he has worked with to suit the system? Obviously Semedo isn't working out

Sell off talented players for a mediocre manager? :lol: How about we sack his coward ass instead?

He won't be here long if our current form continues. So a small part of me hopes we lose so he's booted out

In Ernie's system any RB would struggle so its pointless to think about buying a new one.

Messigician

Sell off talented players for a mediocre manager? :lol: How about we sack his coward ass instead?

He won't be here long if our current form continues. So a small part of me hopes we lose so he's booted out

In Ernie's system any RB would struggle so its pointless to think about buying a new one.

It's up to the board, if they wanted him sacked they would have done that after the Roma game.

Danic

I mean if hes not told to stay back most of the time why is ernie not telling him to attack more?! At least one half is standing right beside him.
Nono, this looks like a tactical decision to me. On top of that theres no one to play with anyway on the right side. If watched the last games with roberto u could see he was struggeling with the same problem and played many many backpasses as well. I wonder u dont see that messigican.
Cule is right. Its not enough to buy a new RB. The problem is deeper in our system.

Messigician

I mean if hes not told to stay back most of the time why is ernie not telling him to attack more?! At least one half is standing right beside him.
Nono, this looks like a tactical decision to me. On top of that theres no one to play with anyway on the right side. If watched the last games with roberto u could see he was struggeling with the same problem and played many many backpasses as well. I wonder u dont see that messigican.
Cule is right. Its not enough to buy a new RB. The problem is deeper in our system.

So why is Alba doing so well then? And Roberto is a starter because he offers more in attack

FCBfan22

So why is Alba doing so well then? And Roberto is a starter because he offers more in attack

Let me do a BBZ...

Because he has:

1. Regular playing time
2. He plays on the side with more attacking CM's (Cou and Arthur)
3. He plays next to a CB who can stop attackers 1 vs 1.
4. He has been in the team for years.
5. He has a winger playing on his side, while there's noone on the right.

All of these points (except 4) could be resolved/partly resolved by a manager.

Danic

Wonder if u even read the post?! What has Alba to do with this? Do both have to stay back all the time?
Ask Valverde. Its his job to tell semedo to attack more often if he wants that. Shouldnt be to difficult.
And no, roberto didnt offer more this season. First half of last season he did. After that its a continious myth...

jairzinho

Roberto is back after the international break so back to the bench it is for this dude.

*Edit: Roberto is back after playing like :shit: in his last two matches. I don't want to see him in midfield and for heavens sake not at right back. If Semedo still looks patchy by January, then we should start looking for a RB when the winter market opens. Can't stand seeing slow Bob playing there. Dude has been in the first team for almost 6 years and still looks like :shit: in midfield and :shit: at RB.

Pardon my French.

Last edited:

xXKonan

[tw]1049067389822926848[/tw]

Found this off twitter. the average positioning vs Valencia.

Semedo on his own there going forward.

Devils

Even more than that, the only cover he has is Pique and Rakitic.

Better play it safe and stay in a more defensive position than rely on Raktic or Pique covering you.

Home of Barca Fans