Nelson Semedo

xXKonan

According to Cat Radio, Semedo will get the Medical clear tomorrow and will be in the squad to face Sevilla.

God Serena

I know I wouldn't be surprised, that's for sure.

Gomes is the GOAT, he must find a place to play even at the expense of the team.

Trickykid

I know I wouldn't be surprised, that's for sure.

Gomes is the GOAT, he must find a place to play even at the expense of the team.

Come on man. I know you predicted that he'd play loads this season, despite the arrival of Coutinho and Dembélé, but you can't possibly still believe that EV is doing his utmost to shoehorn Gomes into the side? In LL, only Denis and Aleix (not counting Mina and Dembélé for obvious reasons) has fewer minutes played than him...

khaled_a_d

Come on man. I know you predicted that he'd play loads this season, despite the arrival of Coutinho and Dembélé, but you can't possibly still believe that EV is doing his utmost to shoehorn Gomes into the side? In LL, only Denis and Aleix (not counting Mina and Dembélé for obvious reasons) has fewer minutes played than him...

This is actually surprising, seeing Deulofeu,Vermaelen,Paco ahead of him in minutes played in Liga is something I didn't expect. Dembele could catch him by tomorrow

aaron101

It is very alarming to know that a player like Semedo doesn't get fair amount of playing time. Maybe Valverde has really something against him. I really can't think of reason why he doesn't give him chances. He basically killed the momentum that Semedo had. At the start of the season, he was playing great and after 2 or 3 games, he stopped playing him.

xXKonan

This is actually surprising, seeing Deulofeu,Vermaelen,Paco ahead of him in minutes played in Liga is something I didn't expect. Dembele could catch him by tomorrow
Not all that surprising.

There was a time early on in the season where it was clear that Valverde didn't favor him that much like Arda,Vidal etc. But like Vidal he later was brought back into the fold with the long term injury of Dembele and it seems like he regained Valverde's trust enough that he will play here and there either as a Sub or a starter.

Valverde considers him useful even if he didn't play as much this season, at least at this point.

God Serena

What are you talking about? I never predicted this...

kattanib

It is very alarming to know that a player like Semedo doesn't get fair amount of playing time. Maybe Valverde has really something against him. I really can't think of reason why he doesn't give him chances. He basically killed the momentum that Semedo had. At the start of the season, he was playing great and after 2 or 3 games, he stopped playing him.

I think it has to do with balancing the right side. Basically the RW spot isn't occupied by a regular player; if you add to that an New RB then you will get a very disfunctional right side. Once Dembele starts playing like a regular Barca player, then Semedo will be integerated more and more. For now Roberto is a safer option for the sake of having a fluid rhythm on the right side

FinBarcelonafan

I think it has to do with balancing the right side. Basically the RW spot isn't occupied by a regular player; if you add to that an New RB then you will get a very disfunctional right side. Once Dembele starts playing like a regular Barca player, then Semedo will be integerated more and more. For now Roberto is a safer option for the sake of having a fluid rhythm on the right side

Very well said. That makes a lot of sense. Good post. Semedo with Dembele makes a lot of sense as well.

BarçaBarça

Would make sense to play him against Leganés to rest Roberto for CL, or maybe Roberto is already suspended for the second leg CL at that point..

Home of Barca Fans