Nelson Semedo

5ergio_Busquets

Yeah players shouldnt get 5 games in a row if there are other performing better.

Keep trying to make out Semedo is not being given a chance when on for his 20th start of the season in February.

Roberto isn't performing better, simple.
You keep talking about stats, Roberto could have more assists for the opponents than for his own team if they scored from the chances he created for them with his mistakes.
He almost gifted Chelsea a 1-0 lead in the first half with that stupid mistake but Willian hit the post with his shot. And there are many similar mistakes he repeatedly does but of course he "offers more going forward" so he is a better FULLBACK.

JamDav1982

Roberto isn't performing better, simple.
You keep talking about stats, Roberto could have more assists for the opponents than for his own team if they scored from the chances he created for them with his mistakes.
He almost gifted Chelsea a 1-0 lead in the first half with that stupid mistake if Willian didn't hit the post with his shot. And there are many similar mistakes he repeatedly does but of course he "offers more going forward" so he is a better FULLBACK.

Roberto has been better. Simple.

Roberto has the better defensive 'stats' and Semedo has made a number of poor defensive choices as well if want to compare.

Yip he offers more going forward and has better 'defensive stats'.

5ergio_Busquets

Roberto has been better. Simple.

Roberto has the better defensive 'stats' and Semedo has made a number of poor defensive choices as well if want to compare.

Yip he offers more going forward and has better 'defensive stats'.

For you, he has been better for you.
You even said Montoya is better than Semedo lol so yeah it doesn't seem like Semedo is your favorite football player.

JamDav1982

For you, he has been better for you.
You even said Montoya is better than Semedo lol so yeah it doesn't seem like Semedo is your favorite football player.

Nope never said Montoya was better.

Again try to keep up.

The way Barca play all the defenders and midfielders will give away the ball in bad areas at times. Even Busi didn that v Chelsea but still had a good game.

It is a high risk game playing ball out from back and I accept all players will make mistakes at times. Find that less of an issue than the players who cant or wont play in that way by either looking too timid or not understanding the system.

Semedo needs to show a lot more bravery on the ball or learn the system quicker.

5ergio_Busquets

Nope never said Montoya was better.

Again try to keep up.

The way Barca play all the defenders and midfielders will give away the ball in bad areas at times. Even Busi didn that v Chelsea but still had a good game.

It is a high risk game playing ball out from back and I accept all players will make mistakes at times. Find that less of an issue than the players who cant or wont play in that way by either looking too timid or not understanding the system.

Semedo needs to show a lot more bravery on the ball or learn the system quicker.

You said "he was better going forward", so you did.
Roberto's mistake wasn't a simple bad pass, it was the definition of stupid. To try to "clear" the ball over shoulder without looking to the edge of your own penalty area is just stupid.
He also was the one who set-up Munir for that shot in the Alaves game that could have resulted in a penalty in a similar fashion(he tried to "clear" an Alaves throw-in with his head back into his own penalty area). You could make a very long compilation of Robert's mistakes but you seem to only remember him "going forward".

JamDav1982

You said "he was better going forward", so you did.
Roberto's mistake wasn't a simple bad pass, it was the definition of stupid. To try to "clear" the ball over shoulder without looking to the edge of your own penalty area is just stupid.
He also was the one who set-up Munir for that shot in the Alaves game that could have resulted in a penalty in a similar fashion(he tried to "clear" an Alaves throw-in with his head back into his own penalty area).
You could a very long compilation of Robert's mistakes but you seem to only remember him "going forward".

No I said he showed more going forward and he showed little. So no I never said he 'is a better player'. Keep up.

Yeah it was a shit pass and for me that will happen for all of them and is a result of playing Barca want to hence why it is not something really focus on if Semedo does it either or any of them.

It is like pointing to errors that Busi could make as he takes more risks then pointing to a shit scared DM who passes it simple every time but makes less errors. One is what Barca need the other isnt.

Roberto has better pass accuracy than Semedo anyway and if Roberto is so poor on the ball cant argue he should be in midfield.

For all that has still been a lot better than Semedo. Says it all.

Last edited:

5ergio_Busquets

No I said he showed more going forward and he showed little. So no I never said he 'is a better player'. Keep up.

Yeah it was a shit pass and for me that will happen for all of them and is a result of playing Barca want to hence why it is not something really focus on if Semedo does it.

For all that has still been a lot better than Semedo. Says it all.

Again, he has been better in your opinion.
For me he has been better in passing and link-up with team mates which is normal considering he is a midfielder and playing with the team since years.
Don't forget that a fullback is still a defender so his main job is still in the defense, when the player starts getting confident and builds confidence between him and his team mates he naturally will start going forward more.
Neither of Semedo and Roberto should be sitting on the bench at the moment instead it should be Paulinho. With Roberto in RM and Semedo in RB the right side of the team can gain much more stabilty with Roberto's "going forward" and Semedo's defending.

JamDav1982

Again, he has been better in your opinion.
For me he has been better in passing and link-p with team mates which is normal considering he is a midfielder and playing with the team since years.
Don't forget that a fullback is still a defender so his main job is still in the defense, when the player starts getting confident and builds confidence between him and his team mates he naturally will start going forward more.
Neither of Semedo and Roberto should be sitting on the bench at the moment instead it should be Paulinho. With Roberto in RM and Semedo in RB the right side of the team can gain much more stabilty with Roberto's "going forward" and Semedo's defending.

Again. No not what I said and you have changed it from me 'saying Montoya was better' to 'Saying Montoya was better going forward' to now realising that was not said but yiu just say oh well 'he has been better in your opinion'.

You dont even have a clue what point you are trying to make and I never brought up the name of Montoya anyway.

My point has never been to say Semedo is shit or not good enough on ability but to say he is not offering enough and that is most likely to him needing to be braver or pick up the system quicker.

Comparing RBs in this system it is fairly clear why Semedo has been getting picked more.

It is not as simple as putting Roberto in midfield.

5ergio_Busquets

Again. No not what I said and you have changed it from me 'saying Montoya was better' to 'Saying Montoya was better going forward' to now realising that was not said but yiu just say oh well 'he has been better in your opinion'.

You dont even have a clue what point you are trying to make and I never brought up the name of Montoya anyway.

My point has never been to say Semedo is shit or not good enough on ability but to say he is not offering enough and that is most likely to him needing to be braver or pick up the system quicker.

Comparing RBs in this system it is fairly clear why Semedo has been getting picked more.

It is not as simple as putting Roberto in midfield.

I was referring to Roberto not Montoya being better in your opinion.
The midfield needs Roberto much more than the RB.

George_Costanza

JamDav only job in this forum:

giphy.gif

JamDav1982

I was referring to Roberto not Montoya being better in your opinion.
The midfield needs Roberto much more than the RB.

Obviously I think Roberto has been better this season.

Roberto would probably improve the midfield depending on how Valverde is looking to go from now but it weakens the RB area unless Semedo improves.

JamDav only job in this forum:

giphy.gif

Nice one. While your only job is to produce such hilarious gifs that spam threads as attempt to come off as a funny guy. Good that we all know our roles.

Home of Barca Fans