Nelson Semedo

JamDav1982

Don't think he does, I think he needs to develop a better understanding of his role at RB and become more consistent.

When he's been on game, he's been excellent. But when he's off, he looks lost.

Anyways, he was rated in the same way MAtS was rated as one of the best young GK in the world when he came here. Eventually the talent prevailed after an adjustment period.

Expect Semedo will take the same trajectory.

He has not looked anything near good enough going forward for months.

Semedo is 25 this year. Not that young and needs to show lot more than he has.

He has no assists this season bar a game vs Murcia. Unless count winning a pen. Provides so little in final third.

Devils

He has not looked anything near good enough going forward for months.

Semedo is 25 this year. Not that young and needs to show lot more than he has.

He has no assists this season bar a game vs Murcia. Unless count winning a pen. Provides so little in final third.

haha he just turned 24.

But I agree that offensively need to do more. When he was at Benfica there was a lot of praise for his offensive game. So that gives me hope it will come.

JamDav1982

haha he just turned 24.

But I agree that offensively need to do more. When he was at Benfica there was a lot of praise for his offensive game. So that gives me hope it will come.

25 this year as I said and 24 is not any age really to be describing him a 'young' player.

Danillo was praised and countless other full backs in Portugal as well as teams are so dominant.

I think everyone hopes it will come but to start labelling him and undoubted talent and best young RB in world when really he is neither is a bit much based on what he has shown at any decent level.

tacticvarium

I surely agree that this season should be regarded as the adaptation period for Semedo but he is not like 20 yo who is just promoted to the first team.
He is about to enter his prime time as a footballer and he must be ready to show what he's got next season.
But no, he was not rated as the most highly rated young RB in the world. It also has to be considered that the football world has been lacking good RB talents for the past few years and Morey is also not some random overrated average RB player from La Masia. The kid has true potential.

Devils

25 this year as I said and 24 is not any age really to be describing him a 'young' player.

Danillo was praised and countless other full backs in Portugal as well as teams are so dominant.

I think everyone hopes it will come but to start labelling him and undoubted talent and best young RB in world when really he is neither is a bit much based on what he has shown at any decent level.

Label comes from his time at Benfica, which is where he received most of his recognition. I wouldn't write him off as being one of the best RB talents in the world yet though. Just like with MAtS last year when he was showing clumsiness and poor understanding of the game but eventually he came though.

I think it's fair to criticize him on his lack of offensive contribution and understanding. But I also think when he has played well (Juve and Celta games for example) he's shown immense talent and potential that he could display more consistently with adaptation.

Devils

...When you think about it, it was either going to be this guy or Bellerin.

Don't think we we made the wrong decision by any means.

Barcilliant

There is not ONE rb in the world with the natural talents of Semedo.

Roberto looks good when a team sits back and he is allowed to attack. However when the opposition presses high and forces him to defend he looks awful.

Semedo needs an adaptation period in regards to the offensive side of his game. Hes shown glimpses of his talent but will become consistent when he adapts.

Too many people here will throw a newcomer under the bus. Barca fans are notoriously spoilt and we have some very fickle posters on this forum.

booge

Semudo and Coutinho proved yesterday no matter how talented you are, you can over complicate things, paco and roberto probably have half the talent but ended up being more efficient yesterday.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Never got an impression of some big talent in Semedo. Guy is 24 too so he's not some kid with potential.

He'll need to step it up if he is to stay on. I would bank on a loan or sale this summer but there are hardly any quality RBs out there.

Messi983

He has all the tools to be a beast both offensively and defensively but his IQ is not that great tbh. I mean Alba is no physical or technical beast but he knows when to cut in, when to make a run or when to pass. Semedo is still confused out there.

Pretty unfair to compare a player who has been here for only 6 months with someone who has played in Barça for years and also has gone through La Masia.

Home of Barca Fans