Naby Keita

Martindn

I remember Klopp busting out all the talk of building a team like Barcelona when we broke the record and other teams were spending big. Not even a year later he is bidding £60 and £70m on players what a fucking hypocrite. Well what do you expect from a Liverpool boss, something in the bins i guess.

Yannik

Leipzig are willing to sacrifice 40m euros in the hope that CL money and exposing their brand in that competition will negate that when his 42m euros release clause comes into effect next summer.

his release clause is supposed to be 50m€ from what I know, and it's also not really confirmed. Leipzig themselves have denied he has a release clause in his contract.

1993Kaan1993

That's because earlier today he heard our bid of 83m euros was rejected. As I said Keita is wanting to come to us but Leipzig do not want nor need to sell. So I doubt this transfer will happen.

Leipzig are willing to sacrifice 40m euros in the hope that CL money and exposing their brand in that competition will negate that when his 42m euros release clause comes into effect next summer.
Who says Keita wants to go to Liverpool? english press who lies all the time? Keita wants to stay and aims bigger than Liverpool.

Btw, he has no 42 m euros clause.

1993Kaan1993

his release clause is supposed to be 50m€ from what I know, and it's also not really confirmed. Leipzig themselves have denied he has a release clause in his contract.

selling him at this point is so unlogical for us.

Keita is one of our best players and without him, we can't compete for top 4. if we don't make Champions, we will lose much more money than 20-30 m euros.

Liverpool lost it's dignity, Although we said that he is not for sale, they are still asking for him. very disrespecful behaviour by Liverpool.

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!
African players do not exactly go for high prices. I presume it's because of their stupid cup of nations that comes in the middle of a season every 2 years. Of course, the fact that the best of their talents generally end up playing for France might have some thing to with it but yeah, I am not too sure if Keita would go for much higher than 50.

IamGundogan

selling him at this point is so unlogical for us.

Keita is one of our best players and without him, we can't compete for top 4. if we don't make Champions, we will lose much more money than 20-30 m euros.

Liverpool lost it's dignity, Although we said that he is not for sale, they are still asking for him. very disrespecful behaviour by Liverpool.

Do you have a link for when Leipzig denied the release clause?

African players do not exactly go for high prices. I presume it's because of their stupid cup of nations that comes in the middle of a season every 2 years. Of course, the fact that the best of their talents generally end up playing for France might have some thing to with it but yeah, I am not too sure if Keita would go for much higher than 50.

That AFCON has been moved to the summer now.

Zuza66

That AFCON has been moved to the summer now.
Kicker and others have said there is a release clause of 55m € that can be triggered next summer. At the last presser Rangnick was asked and then answered there isn't a release clause this season. He repeated later in the same presser that there are no release clauses, without adding the part about "this season". In March he was on a TV talk and said Keita has no release clause, but that was in a discussion about whether Keita could be bought by Bayern to replace Alonso this summer.

So it's not 100 percent clear whether there is a release clause next summer, but I'm inclined to believe it given the statements and the context. It's also in line with the reported intention of Rangnick to negotiate a new contract.

behindbrowneyes

Who says Keita wants to go to Liverpool? english press who lies all the time? Keita wants to stay and aims bigger than Liverpool.

Could be. In June he said:
Only a year ago, the 22-year-old claimed he had been approached by a number of English clubs.

“Arsenal, Southampton, Manchester City and Liverpool, although I did not talk with the (Liverpool) coach,” he said at the time when asked about who had expressed an interest in him last summer.

“I hope that I have the level in two, three years and could play for one of the very big clubs.

“This includes Barcelona, but it also includes Real Madrid or Manchester City.”

If he plays another season like this one and the rumours of his release clause for next summer turn out to be true, he will be a steal in today's market.

Dan1983

Prediction champion 2012-2013
I heard they've moved the ACN to June now.

Dan1983

Prediction champion 2012-2013

Choice between staying at Leipzig or going to Liverpool?

I know what I would do.

Zuza66

Choice between staying at Leipzig or going to Liverpool?

I know what I would do.

Liverpool are a much more prestigeous club and pay much higher wages. OTOH Liverpool have yet to qualify for the CL this season, whereas Leipzig have already qualified. And next season I'd say that the chances for Leipzig to qualify are quite a bit better than for Liverpool, because with the state the Bundesliga is in I don't see four teams finishing above them. So I guess it's a question of a player's priorities.

Last edited:

behindbrowneyes

They won't let him go this year. Next year is the year you can get him and he definitely prefers clubs "bigger" than Liverpool.

In today's market with very high fees it makes no sense to go to a club like Liverpool when you want to play for one of the La Liga giants one day.

Yannik

The source is an interview he gave with Sport1 during the talkshow Doppelpass and the literal statement he gave was "He has no release clause in his contract"
Don't know what the article that quoted it was called as I think it was published in March, but here's an excerpt from the newsticker on kicker.de:

Rangnick: Keita "hat keine Ausstiegsklausel"

Sportdirektor Ralf Rangnick rechnet nicht damit, dass Mittelfeldspieler Naby Keita (22) Aufsteiger RB Leipzig in naher Zukunft verlassen wird.
"Er hat keine Ausstiegsklausel in seinem Vertrag", sagte Rangnick am Sonntag im "Doppelpass" bei Sport1. "Ob er in drei bis vier Jahren noch bei uns spielen wird, weiß keiner. Dass er aber auch in der nächsten Saison bei uns spielen wird, halte ich für sehr wahrscheinlich."

Der Vertrag des Profis aus Guinea mit den Roten Bullen läuft bis 2020. Zuletzt hatte es Spekulationen gegeben, dass Rekordmeister Bayern München die Fühler nach Keita ausgestreckt habe. Der FC Bayern sucht einen Nachfolger für den Spanier Xabi Alonso, der seine Karriere zum 30. Juni beendet.

"Ich weiß nichts von einem Bayern-Interesse. Naby ist ein außergewöhnlicher Spieler, der in jeder europäischen Spitzenmannschaft spielen kann"

Home of Barca Fans