Munir El Haddadi

I

instinct

Pep player Roberto in the clasico, Luis would die before he does something like that, Luis would rather run the players into the ground, than give a young player chance, in a game where we are 10-0 up after 30 minutes.

JamDav1982

Pique barely played & Alba was gone for years and moved into a new position - one was poached, the other was deemded surplus. Cannot say that about Pique.

Back then it worked? It was only a few years ago, you talk as if it's outdated - it is less applicable because the cantera as a whole has been handled terribly by the current board. Roberto stayed but thought of leaving and had he not been so prized, a Captain at most youth levels etc. would he have stayed? We won't know. Roberto is an exceptional case, not many will follow like him.

Give the kids a chance, if they play and can't integrate, you move them on - not playing them, not acceptable. JDS? Come on, he was a step above Douglas in terms of quality, merely a social club member. Bojan was given ample opportunity and failed, simple as.

I prefer Bilbao's approach to that of RM.

Bartra, Montoya, Roberto, Sandro, Munir, Rafinha have all been 'given chances' in past few seasons.

So to was Thiago even though he left.

F

Flavia

Pique barely played & Alba was gone for years and moved into a new position - one was poached, the other was deemded surplus. Cannot say that about Pique.

Back then it worked? It was only a few years ago, you talk as if it's outdated - it is less applicable because the cantera as a whole has been handled terribly by the current board. Roberto stayed but thought of leaving and had he not been so prized, a Captain at most youth levels etc. would he have stayed? We won't know. Roberto is an exceptional case, not many will follow like him.

Give the kids a chance, if they play and can't integrate, you move them on - not playing them, not acceptable. JDS? Come on, he was a step above Douglas in terms of quality, merely a social club member. Bojan was given ample opportunity and failed, simple as.

I prefer Bilbao's approach to that of RM.

So you'd like Barça to be in the 2nd tier of teams in spain? No titles, just development of players? Well, I would not. And that's exactly what would happen with such approach. Times have changed.

8 years ago is not a few. For every Busquets there's tello, cuenca, jeffren, jds, bojan, deulofeu, muniesa, fontas, montoya and many others. Roberto is as exceptional as Busi. He got the coach to believe in him, it wasn't luck. La masia won't always provide the players that are needed. Lucho wanted Paco for a reason, he thinks Munir is not ready.

Topolino

Gemusesuppe
Fact is that Munir is our own academy product and if it benefits him to play in another club and thus improving himself enough to come back I have no idea why it shouldn't be like that. It's common sense that a new player needs to play as much as possible but he can't do it here. Specially if whe wants to be a striker.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Alcacer is a significantly better player than Munir right now. Apart from playing regularly and scoring in La Liga, he also has a more than decent record in a competition like the Europa League and he's a similar profile to Suarez. Not to forget he's done very well for the Spanish National Team where he was the top scorer of their Euro qualifying campaign.

Munir has been here for the last two years and certainly not progressed much. Why would anyone think it's a better idea for him to ride the bench for another season? At Valencia he'll play regularly, which will benefit his growth. Just like with Samper.

Contrary to popular belief, just training with the best players won't contribute much to a player's progress. We still don't know the full details of the deal. For all we know, we might still have a buyback and if Munir does well, he will be brought back.

Just a couple of months ago, the consensus on this forum seemed to be that Munir isn't ready, while some claimed he wasn't good enough. A few great displays in pre-season games doesn't change that. Two entire seasons is enough to suggest that the current setup will continue to stall his development and he isn't good enough to make a significant impact from the bench which Alcacer has proved to be.

To say Munir is as good as Alcacer is ridiculous as he's not shown anything to suggest that yet.

Only if you're exceptionally talented like Busquets do you force your way into the team. Or having an impact like Pedro did in his initial games.

If you're not either of those things, then you need game time to develop and in the strongest Barca for a very long time, that's not easy to come by.

I love Pep, but did he give the likes of Gaudinho, Højbjerg regular chances at Bayern and keep them? No, he wanted them to be loaned out so they could gain experience, play regularly and develop properly before eventually coming back if they showed they were on the right track and good enough. Stop seeing him with rose-tinted glasses just because he gave Busquets and Pedro their chance. Busquets was an exceptional talent while Pedro showed enough impact to stay.

Last edited:

jamrock

I like how those who are arguing against the development of players are making the argument, that those of use who is saying give the players a chance want Barcelona to become a arsenal,thats not the point and it's kinda silly and over simplistic to say if you give young players a chance we can't win.

Mi one is saying put out and entire la masia XI,its a simple matter of giving players who have a bit of real potential actually playing time to develop, could bartra not be giving more minutes and so on.

If the player shows he has potential don't he like Tito and Luis and player your best xi damn near very single minute of every single game, because the players on the bench aren't established professionals. Give the kids a chance to prove themselves and if they don't take it. You ship them on.

F

Flavia

I like how those who are arguing against the development of players are making the argument, that those of use who is saying give the players a chance want Barcelona to become a arsenal,thats not the point and it's kinda silly and over simplistic to say if you give young players a chance we can't win.

Mi one is saying put out and entire la masia XI,its a simple matter of giving players who have a bit of real potential actually playing time to develop, could bartra not be giving more minutes and so on.

If the player shows he has potential don't he like Tito and Luis and player your best xi damn near very single minute of every single game, because the players on the bench aren't established professionals. Give the kids a chance to prove themselves and if they don't take it. You ship them on.

Bartra was given minutes. Yet he couldn't get Lucho's trust. When Roberto does it, you say it was "luck". It wasn't, Bob proved himself. Munir also had his chances. And yet Enrique thought it'd be better to sent him somewhere for minutes. Same with Samper.

Barça have a squad filled with wc players, it's harder now to get into the starting 11 than it was in 2008. Football changed too. To win la liga now, you can't lose many games. CL is also harder. For Barça, at least. We don't get easy draws. So there's less room for experiments.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
So buy-back or no buy-back? That's all I want to know.

I read elsewhere that some said we could hope that Munir will say no to Valencia if they do buy him. That's way too wishy washy and risky to me.

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
Bartra was given minutes. Yet he couldn't get Lucho's trust. When Roberto does it, you say it was "luck". It wasn't, Bob proved himself. Munir also had his chances. And yet Enrique thought it'd be better to sent him somewhere for minutes. Same with Samper.

Barça have a squad filled with wc players, it's harder now to get into the starting 11 than it was in 2008. Football changed too. To win la liga now, you can't lose many games. CL is also harder. For Barça, at least. We don't get easy draws. So there's less room for experiments.

Was Bartra given time? Vermaelen got more time than him

I

instinct

Thanks for the nonsensical reply, because pep playing Roberto a few years ago, is the same as what luis did in 2015/2016.

Your entire point is nonsense since Roberto played just one minute in the Clasico in 2011.

Lucho gave Munir 15 minutes in the November 2015 Clasico and he gave Rafinha a full match against Atletico + numerous appearances in subsequent matches against them.

jamrock

He couldn't lose many games to win la Liga since pep days and to a lesser extent ricky rijkaard.

Luissso that's no excuse, Barcelona wins a good share of there games handly and that the time in which u throw a kid with real potential on and see if he can make the step up.

I was no big fan of munir, coming up through the ranks. As the season progresses even as msn was dead on the feet, no one is saying get into the starting XI. At least I'm sure I'm not, if a players does that from masia. He is going to have to be very special.

Simple give the kids some real minutes, in real games and see how the handle the pressure, not every single one, but those everyone can see had a bit of potential.

JamDav1982

Barta across the past few seasons has been given a lot of time.

More than a lot of players you point to as being given time previously.

It is the same Barta who at 20 Pep decided to play Masch, Busi, Adriano etc at CB ahead of him in the team.

F

Flavia

They got almost the same number of minutes last season. But in the previous season bartra got over 1000 minutes. Lucho didn't like him, and I also didn't like his appearances that much. He wasn't wrong to not play him much last season.

JamDav1982

He couldn't lose many games to win la Liga since pep days and to a lesser extent ricky rijkaard.

Luissso that's no excuse, Barcelona wins a good share of there games handly and that the time in which u throw a kid with real potential on and see if he can make the step up.

I was no big fan of munir, coming up through the ranks. As the season progresses even as msn was dead on the feet, no one is saying get into the starting XI. At least I'm sure I'm not, if a players does that from masia. He is going to have to be very special.

Simple give the kids some real minutes, in real games and see how the handle the pressure, not every single one, but those everyone can see had a bit of potential.

Why did Pep not do that for Bartra then?

When there were CB injuries he chose just about any player he could and played them out of position.

Barta was about same age as Munir is now. Munir who got more minutes than him.

Home of Barca Fans